Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

:)

If only soccer was the game of statistics that American football is. 

But in reality it isn't. At all. 

And Debuchy is a  limited, average full back who get's caught out of position up the other end of the park almost as much as the abysmal Johnson. (Nods to j.). Plus there's been BIG question marks on his attitude and commitment at Newcastle. I personally think they've done terrific business in skanking Arsenal for £ 10 million and bringing in a younger, cheaper and better player with a far better attitude in Janmaat for half the price. 

Hail. 

I think you have confused GHH with someone who rates Glen Johnson......

This made me literally LOL. 

Last year of his contract thank God. 1 more year of abject garbage. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

If only soccer was the game of statistics that American football is. 

But in reality it isn't. At all. 

And Debuchy is a  limited, average full back who get's caught out of position up the other end of the park almost as much as the abysmal Johnson. (Nods to j.). Plus there's been BIG question marks on his attitude and commitment at Newcastle. I personally think they've done terrific business in skanking Arsenal for £ 10 million and bringing in a younger, cheaper and better player with a far better attitude in Janmaat for half the price. 

Hail.

Points taken. Still think Debuchy will be more than serviceable as a replacement for Sagna. I think it's difficult to argue against Zabaleta and Azpi being the best fullbacks in the league last year. Their stats don't lie. Debuchy's stats are right up there with them. That's saying something...as much as you may like to ignore the stats. Just figured it would be worth comparing the fullbacks of the top 4 teams.

Sure, he can get caught out of position and commit silly fouls as we have seen last year in the Prem and in the World Cup but he's still a quality player who started at RB for the French national team.

Edit: On the topic of playing hard for NUFC...was there a player who played hard for them all year last year?? :huh:

Edited by RawBBQSauce

1)  Leeds would be an ideal spot for Ibe for me.  He would really get a chance to be the focal point when he is in.  I'd like for him to get Premier League reps, but I appreciate Championship football more than most of the Americans on here (or I'd like to think) :P

FIFA helped me with familiarity, but I didn't really appreciate the Championship (and the lower leagues in general) until Blackburn were relegated.  Whole new world.  And I don't mean Pocahontas. 

• Like 1

FIFA helped me with familiarity, but I didn't really appreciate the Championship (and the lower leagues in general) until Blackburn were relegated.  Whole new world.  And I don't mean Pocahontas. 

Blackburn's a 'whole new World.' 

And I mean a serious step back in time .....  :P

Hail. 

Jenkinson always looked real promising to me. Solid, tidy defender. 

I guess his career must of stalled as with Sagna gone he really should be stepping up at 22 and becoming a first team regular. 

Hail. 

He fits the bill physically and has some technical skill but his problem is the mental errors. Can't be havin' that.

For whatever reason, everyone feels like he's still a few years off.

He's 22. He needs to make the next step or be cut loose. 

Is this another Arsene ' we'll be great when the kids mature!' thang. (Rinse and repeat from any of the last 10 seasons and more.).

Oh yeah, congratulations to L'pool Ladies for winning the derby last night 1-0 against the bitters. 

Hail. 

Well, Wilshere certainly has some maturing to do on and off the pitch. Don't see Arsene giving up on him any time soon though. I could honestly see them kicking the tires on Jenko and them signing another fullback as Debuchy's back-up. I would feel bad for Jenko, though because he is a true gooner.

I personally think they've done terrific business in skanking Arsenal for £ 10 million and bringing in a younger, cheaper and better player with a far better attitude in Janmaat for half the price. 

If there's a fan base that knows about wasting transfer money, it'd be Liverpool.  

If there's a fan base that knows about wasting transfer money, it'd be Liverpool.  

Exactly.

Happy to pass on such a well informed opinion from many years experience. 

You're welcome.  :D

Never been.  Maybe some day.  I hear it's not the mightiest of metropolises. 

It's not Burnley. 

Now that is stepping back into a bygone age to be polite.

Hail. 

Can't see Arsenal challenging as close as we did last year. Let alone winning it. FAR too inconsistent for that. I think we fall off the pace slightly (but if he strengthens the back end then watch out!); but still mount a decent challenge. Top 4 doesn't worry me at all.

Can't see past Chelsea or Citeh. Too much spending power. Too strong already. And if Chelsea had a striker last year, they'd of won it for me. Costa may well be that man.

Hail.

I don't necessarily think that Tottenham or Everton will crack the top four, but I do think they will compete all year. Tottenham have lots of talented players, but need a manger that will maximize their talents. Everton has a great manager and a few potential stars. You never know. I don't thing the special one is the correct manager for Chelsea. They buy a bunch of extremely talented players with lots of flair and then they are asked to defend and counter. Cesc will not be a good fit and Costa will not get the service he is accustomed to getting at Athletico. I think this could be Arsenal's year. I love Sanchez and wish he was wearing a different (better) shade of red. I think he has the potential to be the best player in the league next year. They still need to address their defense and keeper, if they do they can win. If Sterling and Coutinho figure out how to put the ball in the back of the net on a more regular basis, Liverpool can win the title. Like Arsenal, Liverpool needs to address their back four to compete for the title.

Either way, the season can't start soon enough...

***edit***

It posted twice, I don't know why

Edited by jobaga
  • Like 1

I love Sanchez and wish he was wearing a different (better) shade of red. I think he has the potential to be the best player in the league next year.

I think this could end up happening, dependent upon where Wenger decides to place him on the pitch. I think he could have a Hazard-like impact at Arsenal.