Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

He wasn't left, he got injured in training. He would have probably started for them

Scary. The WC winners still had a guy better than the 3 or 4 they played in that role.

We usually have a name for that 4th/5th guy: "USMNT player"  :D

• Like 1

The betting odds have been slashed for the Reds to acquire Reus. Now they are just playing with my emotions...

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-transfer-gossip-odds-7416325#.U8OOD8HSC_g.facebook

Was talking to a big Bundesliga fan during PT this morning.  He laughed at me when I brought up the potential of that move.  I tripped him when we were running.

Was talking to a big Bundesliga fan during PT this morning.  He laughed at me when I brought up the potential of that move.  I tripped him when we were running.

I don't think he will ever leave Dortmund, but that won't stop me from wanting it to happen...

***edit***

For the record, I think there is zero chance he plays for Liverpool this year

Edited by jobaga

Lovern, Ben Davies, Jay Rodriguez, and Moreno.  Swansea keeper Michael Vorm is also on the Mirror's list.

I don't think he will ever leave Dortmund, but that won't stop me from wanting it to happen...

***edit***

For the record, I think there is zero chance he plays for Liverpool this year

I'm with you, jo, that would be a sweet move.

Not many Leeds fans lament his leaving.

No doubt - I'd say Rhodes is worth more than McCormack but then it's likely that £11M figure is inflated by including all the possible add ons.

I haven't seen many Rovers fans who are excited about the purchase.  I like his versatility at least.  But I agree that he'll mainly have his own named parking spot on the bench.

I'm pretty sure the purchase of Rhodes came with a bunch of add ons, etc.  I haven't heard any major talks of interest for him outside of Norwich.  I'm not as petrified of loosing him now since we got Gestede, though I still don't want to lose him.

Adidas and Man United have agreed to a 10 year 750 million agreement!! Holy cow that's going to fund a lot of moves. Hopefully Liverpool will get something similar when the Warrior agreement ends (I think it was a 3 year deal).

http://www.espnfc.com/barclays-premier-league/story/1949496/man-united-agree-£750m-adidas-deal

I really like some of the warrior polo shirts that have come out for LFC.  One coming out in August has my name on it.  But I was looking for something new to buy for 2 August over the weekend and they've really gotten away from the tradional look.  And I'm very traditional when it comes to unis in all sports.

Adidas and Man United have agreed to a 10 year 750 million agreement!! Holy cow that's going to fund a lot of moves. Hopefully Liverpool will get something similar when the Warrior agreement ends (I think it was a 3 year deal).

http://www.espnfc.com/barclays-premier-league/story/1949496/man-united-agree-£750m-adidas-deal

Have to think a lot of that is incentive based on success.

Hail.

LFC fans in the house: Aspas is going to Sevilla it seems:

http://www1.skysports.com/transfer/news/12691/9381939/liverpool-forward-iago-aspas-is-on-the-verge-of-a-move-to-sevilla-according-to-sky-sports-sources

Also, I am seeing that Cavani wants a move to the prem...thoughts? I believe him to be over-hyped. I think he will demand top-dollar (45-60 mil). We all know Man Utd, Chelski will be sniffing around.

I haven't seen many Rovers fans who are excited about the purchase.  I like his versatility at least.  But I agree that he'll mainly have his own named parking spot on the bench.

I'm pretty sure the purchase of Rhodes came with a bunch of add ons, etc.  I haven't heard any major talks of interest for him outside of Norwich.  I'm not as petrified of loosing him now since we got Gestede, though I still don't want to lose him.

I went to the Leeds game at Blackburn last season - both sides were extremely mediocre. Rhodes was the best player on the pitch by some distance. 

• Like 1

God. We're being linked with Lukaku now.

Aside from the fact Mourinhi would NEVER sell to us, £ 25 million for a limited striker who's game is all about pace and power is not my idea of good business.

Hail.

Looked good for Everton. Did nothing in the WC. Not sure what to think of him.

Is all conversation moving over here now, because Holy Schwienstieger!

Rumor has it she held that exact beer the entire match for her man without spilling a drop. 

I went to the Leeds game at Blackburn last season - both sides were extremely mediocre. Rhodes was the best player on the pitch by some distance. 

Some Rovers fans aren't all that happy with him because he's a goal scorer and nothing else.  He kept us from back to back relegations year before last.  I think the squad has improved but hopefully they can make decent progress this season. 

God. We're being linked with Lukaku now.

Aside from the fact Mourinhi would NEVER sell to us, £ 25 million for a limited striker who's game is all about pace and power is not my idea of good business.

Hail.

I think you are going about this all wrong.

We are playing the misdirection game.  Because we want everyone.

(I hope) :ph34r:

LFC fans in the house: Aspas is going to Sevilla it seems:

http://www1.skysports.com/transfer/news/12691/9381939/liverpool-forward-iago-aspas-is-on-the-verge-of-a-move-to-sevilla-according-to-sky-sports-sources

Also, I am seeing that Cavani wants a move to the prem...thoughts? I believe him to be over-hyped. I think he will demand top-dollar (45-60 mil). We all know Man Utd, Chelski will be sniffing around.

Who? j/k

Not a Cavani fan.  He probably wants London anyways.

Is all conversation moving over here now, because Holy Schwienstieger!

I'm not big on blondes... but damn

I really like some of the warrior polo shirts that have come out for LFC. One coming out in August has my name on it. But I was looking for something new to buy for 2 August over the weekend and they've really gotten away from the tradional look. And I'm very traditional when it comes to unis in all sports.

I think they have done a pretty good job keeping the home kit traditional. I'm waiting for Sterling to get a real number (hopefully 19, his number for England) to buy my son another jersey. He has a Stevie G already.

I'm not big on blondes... but damn

I'm pretty sure she's everyone's type...

Rumor has it she held that exact beer the entire match for her man without spilling a drop. 

Instantly thought of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orErAdC9Y8c

Two things on Aspas...

1) hopefully that was part of the package for Alberto Moreno

2) that opens up a reserve spot for Ibe/Borini

Aspas was terrible this year.

I think they have done a pretty good job keeping the home kit traditional. I'm waiting for Sterling to get a real number (hopefully 19, his number for England) to buy my son another jersey. He has a Stevie G already.

I love Sterling, too.  He's going to be really good for a long time.  But my Brasilian is my fav. 

But I digress, I was more talking about some of the scarves and stuff.  And I don't really rock jerseys any more, I like sweatshirts and polos, and some of their crap is just crap.  I think the kits have looked, nice. 

I think they have done a pretty good job keeping the home kit traditional. I'm waiting for Sterling to get a real number (hopefully 19, his number for England) to buy my son another jersey. He has a Stevie G already.....

This years home effort is garbage with all the white piping or whatever Hell fancy name they're calling it.

I disagree on squad number changes. Since the Premier league came about and introduced squad numbers (presumably to sell more shirts with the added cost of name and number. Football teams should be 1-11 but that's a whole other debate); then players shoul keep the number they start with at a club. As last season progressed, I saw more people wearing Rahims name and #. And unless the club are prepared to give those same people a free shirt change with a number change, it would be wholly unfair to them to change his squad number.

I'm ALL about the fans and the scandalous amount of money we pay.

Hail.