Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

That team gets exactly what they deserve for leaving Coutinho off the squad...

Are you going to the match in Charlotte in August?  Just curious.  My brother and I will be there.  I'm going to make a 4 day weekend out of it.

Are you going to the match in Charlotte in August?  Just curious.  My brother and I will be there.  I'm going to make a 4 day weekend out of it.

no…I can't make it work. I saw them when they came to Baltimore a couple of years ago.

• Like 1

no…I can't make it work. I saw them when they came to Baltimore a couple of years ago.

Was that against Chelsea?  My brother went to that one.  I backed out at the last minute because of work. 

I think it'll be so hot down here we'll see a lot of reserves pass the ball around anyways.

Was that against Chelsea?  My brother went to that one.  I backed out at the last minute because of work. 

I think it'll be so hot down here we'll see a lot of reserves pass the ball around anyways.

It was against Chelsea and e saw many of the subs. It was so hot that neither team really did anything. They just kicked the ball around for 90 minutes and then got out of the heat as quickly as possible

It was against Chelsea and e saw many of the subs. It was so hot that neither team really did anything. They just kicked the ball around for 90 minutes and then got out of the heat as quickly as possible

Well, I'm not going to let that ruin my fun.  I plan to have a large head start on my dehydration prior to getting in the heat. :lol:

• Like 1

That team gets exactly what they deserve for leaving Coutinho off the squad...

Coutinho at best makes it 7-6 (4 goals, 2 assists) but I think Phil's biggest mistakes was leaving Miranda and Fellipe Luis at home.

Coutinho at best makes it 7-6 (4 goals, 2 assists) but I think Phil's biggest mistakes was leaving Miranda and Fellipe Luis at home.

I'm not sure if Jesus Christ himself could have help the Brasilians yesterday...

From the predictable news department: It looks like Spurs are now in on the young Belgium striker. This will delay his signing process. They just can't help themselves..

Which one?

We were in on Origi (winger) but his club won't sell him to us unless they can get him on loan this year.  Which I'm okay with because he looks like he needs some time.

Which one?

We were in on Origi (winger) but his club won't sell him to us unless they can get him on loan this year. Which I'm okay with because he looks like he needs some time.

Yes Original. Does he play on the wing for Lille? He looked like a striker for the national team. I admittedly don't know much about him besides what I SWA in the World Cup

Yes Original. Does he play on the wing for Lille? He looked like a striker for the national team. I admittedly don't know much about him besides what I SWA in the World Cup

I think he plays on the wing for both, but it depends on what the move would allow as to where he'd end up.

That sucks.  Always ****ing Spurs :lol:

That's why I was joking that BR really wants a RW because of Shakiri, Origi, and the eastern european kid that's hit the news recently.

How serious are Spurs?

I think he plays on the wing for both, but it depends on what the move would allow as to where he'd end up.

That sucks. Always ****ing Spurs :lol:

That's why I was joking that BR really wants a RW because of Shakiri, Origi, and the eastern european kid that's hit the news recently.

How serious are Spurs?

I'm pretty sure he's a striker. He was interchangeable with Lukakau. Either way, I have no idea how serious Spurs are.

Everything I see says that the Serbian winger will official sign today or tomorrow. I am also seeing that Sanchez to Arsenal will be official soon as well meaning Suarez will be gone soon.

I have also seen that we shouldn't expect any big names. As someone else put it...Liverpool doesn't sign big names, we make them.

• Like 1

They're Jewish.

Footballs a business.

You don't **** with Jews when it comes to business.

Short answer: Very.

As far as Origi, not got a clue. First I've heard. Shrugs.

Hail.

Well, this same scenario presented itself in the January window this past year and at the end of it Chelsea ended up with Salah... so it's probably agent talk.

I'm pretty sure he's a striker. He was interchangeable with Lukakau. Either way, I have no idea how serious Spurs are.

Everything I see says that the Serbian winger will official sign today or tomorrow. I am also seeing that Sanchez to Arsenal will be official soon as well meaning Suarez will be gone soon.

I have also seen that we shouldn't expect any big names. As someone else put it...Liverpool doesn't sign big names, we make them.

I'd be thrilled with roll players and depth with potential.

Our worst stretch last year was November/December when Suarez/Sturridge/Stevie/Enrique/Johnson and just about everyone else was hurt for at least a game.  We had no quality depth.  That was the difference in the league championship and champions league.

The Serb and guys like Shaqiri (if it's not a pipe dream by now) and Origi are the right moves to make.

BR has hit more than he hasn't on the guys he wasn't (for lack of a better word) forced into (like Cissoko, Moses, etc).

..... As someone else put it...Liverpool doesn't sign big names, we make them.

I miss the good old days of buying unheard of lower league players, sticking them in the reserves for a few years to learn the Liverpool way; and producing all time legends.

Our worst stretch last year was November/December when Suarez/Sturridge/Stevie/Enrique/Johnson and just about everyone else was hurt for at least a game. We had no quality depth. That was the difference in the league championship and champions league.....

That and having a historically bad defence.

Which is still an ongoing major concern for this year.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Darke and Macca are awesome at calling matches.  I miss their commentary as well.  It's been good to hear them again.

Oh. I got rid of cable so I watch the games on Univision online. 

I though it was "come back" as in "witty come back"

I would sign Keisuke Honda to a deal like that. ;)

I had no idea who he was - so I googled him. I suspect quite a few clubs would offer him a 3 year deal on a free (I'm ignoring the 'joke') ..... Gareth Barry on the other hand I'd have offered him a 1 year deal and wished him all the best if he turned that down.

Edited by MartinC

On a 3 year deal as well. For a 33 year old with a lot of mileage.

I'm 'reliably' informed he was the best English midfielder in the league outside of Barkley (who's also apparently twice the player Gerrard ever was) last year.

Delusions and Evertonians.

It's not a symptom but a way of life.

Hail.

how do we feel about Ben Davies at Left Back?  Not sure that I've noticed him or not.  Swansea City player.

All I know is we overpaid for the last Swansea player that BR brought in and he's been anything but...

Markovic medical tomorrow morning.  Suarez should be done 100% within 48 hours.  Origi was at Melwood today discussing options. 

I'm 'reliably' informed he was the best English midfielder in the league outside of Barkley (who's also apparently twice the player Gerrard ever was) last year.

Delusions and Evertonians.

It's not a symptom but a way of life.

Hail.

Weren't Liverpool falling over themselves to sign said Garreth Barry at some point? Saved by the sheiks in the end.