Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

gotta grab two for one with coutino's fee.  i don't watch enough footie from other leagues to know which players fit the following bill, but i'd think liverpool need to go for one more mature now-ready player and one that is young and full of promise (not unlike coutino when he came to 'pool).  i don't think they need another pure forward in sanchez (though adding him for relative peanuts in the window before he'd be a free wouldn't make me mad).  I don't know that they need any more wingers, but if they can adapt to playing through the middle, who knows.  the reds definitely need creativity-- someone that can go 1v1 or slip a pass behind the bus.  the midfield as it currently stands is full of high motor, high effort guys-- an important thing in klopp's system; but we need to replace that bit of magic (or even the threat of magic) that phil brought to the side.

i don't believe 5% of what the transfer rags (and at this time of year, they're ALL transfer rags) put into print and have no idea who to even dream about. 

Edited by dchogs

lol, don't break your shoulder patting yourself on the back, brother...

to add to my post above, liverpool also need a keeper, but that money should be above and beyond the coutino money.  sell off some of the excess players (sturridge, ings, mignolet, etc), and look to a legit top flight keeper.  i keep seeing alisson and oblak mentioned, which i'd be more than happy with (but again that part about not believing 5% this time of year). 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DC9 said:

No **** footing.  It hurts.  He's been my favorite player since we bought him and it's not even close.

But he wants out and he can **** off with the way he left.

Klopp is not stupid.  He has a **** ton of money and three weeks left in the window.  Need AT LEAST two players to bring in before then.

Last player I lost my heart to was Torres. Vowed never to do that again. Devastated me. Then the MF's signed this kid Gomez from Charlton .....

Very surprised they sold so cheap if that does indeed go through. They held all the cards there. Honestly couldn't see them agreeing to a January sale with the potential for his price to be in the Neymar region come the WC. Kind of pisses all over the delusional side of the fanbase, of which there are sadly many on social media, that the owners are ALL about money and profit. (Although I'm sure that won't stop them saying that the only reason they bought van Dijk was on Phil's ticket. Can't educate stupid.). 

Don't blame the club one iota. They neither needed nor wanted to sell but he's put them in a 
real awkward position for the second time in two windows. As much as you want to slam him for that B/S, TBF to him he's given absolutely everything every time he's been on the park this year and has elevated himself consistency wise into the very top bracket for club and Country. 

Is what it is. He was always going there at some point his career. Nothing anyone could do about that. That's just the way for top South American's in their career path. Madrid or Barcelona. No club can ultimately stop that. He's naturally a loss. Can't pretend otherwise when a club loses a top-notch talent not yet in his prime. But this is far from the Suarez loss where there was a mad panic to replace him. The squad is way stronger today as evidenced by our games without him this season- 

12 played.
10 wins.
1 draw. 
1 defeat. (Does the none-event game at City even count?).
31 scored. 
14 conceded. 

No desperate need at all to run out and spend to replace. 

Bought for what, £ 8.5 million. 3 weeks shy of 5 years on, 200 games and 54 goals later, he leaves for £142 million. £133.5 million up. Even though he's going dead cheap in this market, that's quite the profit. Great business in anybody's language. 

Good luck to him. No real hard feelings. The timing again could be a lot better. But the good, sorry, GREAT memories from the little magician FAR outweigh any bad. No real ill feelings here and not really too down he's leaving. Just disappointed we never held out for more and at a better time. 

Need to go and win #6 Kiev now and leave him on the outside looking in like Owen back in 2005.

31 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Too many trolls in this neighbourhood....:rofl89:

See above. 

And have an understanding of the whole situation 

Ta. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

On 01/01/2018 at 4:48 AM, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Nope. Have you. Drop the spin and deal in facts. 

And the spin returns from @Gibbs Hog Heaven

On 02/01/2018 at 9:24 PM, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Wasn't that one that I linked yesterday was it lil' bro?

People lose their collective **** over anything. He's not leaving in January. End of. 

Hail. 

Wrong. Period.

On 01/01/2018 at 8:12 AM, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Yup. Definitely trolling. And badly. 

But don't let that stop yer. You've been informed. I shan't enable you any more on this. 

Hail. 

Not trolling.

Coutinho all set to be the first player since 1990 to play for Liverpool and also win a league title in the same season.

thats trolling.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Do you honestly think people can't read back and just roll off your delusions? 

Or do you just try being a complete knob for the fun of it? Which is overt tolling for the unwise.

Hail. 

No, you troll by shooting down options that differ to yours. That's a fact, my friend.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

No, you troll by shooting down options that differ to yours. That's a fact, my friend.

Word to the now VERY unwise. 

You got called a troll for how you flippantly dismissed the disgraceful actions of Barcelona through December. That was out there on a daily basis for you to read. 

Now, you come back saying I'm spinning things. More trolling to get a reaction. 

A potential transfer doesn't change any of that. Mad thing about the internet. What you post is out there. 

You want to pull me on something legit? Sound. Do that. 

You want to have a rational discussion without being an ass? Sound, do that. 

You want to be a complete dick. You'll get called on being a complete dick. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

4 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Do you honestly think people can't read back and just roll off your delusions? 

Or do you just try being a complete knob for the fun of it? Which is overt tolling for the unwise.

Hail. 

And to finish, delusions and knob, really.

I simply suggested Phil was off to Barca in Jan for 140mil plus.

I will leave it at that and head back to the stadium.

4 minutes ago, Morrison J said:

GHH in unable to admit to getting something wrong shocker!

Your trolling (and reading comprehension) is that commonplace these days it's not even worth enabling you. So after the next period I won't. 

Fair play. Pretty much sums up my views above. 

Jürgen Klopp on Philippe Coutinho transfer - Liverpool FC

Hail. 

• Like 2

I'd take a keeper and Lemar.  If we want Oblak it'll be 100 mil for his release clause, though.

I think it'll be Lemar and Allison.  At least that's what I hope.

Possibly throw in the Akanji kid.

With Lemar he can switch with Bobby between the false 9 and the 10.

Should have sold Coutinho in the summer IMO. Easy for me to say as I'm just a spectator but I've always been in favor of the you don't want to be here then **** off policy when it comes to clubs with financial means and stature to recruit suitable replacements. Hindsight is 20/20 though it would have been hard to predict that Salah was going to be THIS good. 

• Like 1

Sczezny is having a GAME against Cagliari at the moment, by the way.

1 minute ago, Berggy9598 said:

Should have sold Coutinho in the summer IMO. Easy for me to say as I'm just a spectator but I've always been in favor of the you don't want to be here then **** off policy when it comes to clubs with financial means and stature to recruit suitable replacements. Hindsight is 20/20 though it would have been hard to predict that Salah was going to be THIS good. 

That's the thing - we bought Salah to help Phil... you have that kind of speed on the outside you can't man mark Phil unless you want to get cooked.  It's worked.

Interested to see how he'll do in Spain.  I'm sure he'll do fine, but I really think he'll rue this.

Mane and Salah did nothing but make space for him.

2 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Sczezny is having a GAME against Cagliari at the moment, by the way.

That's the thing - we bought Salah to help Phil... you have that kind of speed on the outside you can't man mark Phil unless you want to get cooked.  It's worked.

Interested to see how he'll do in Spain.  I'm sure he'll do fine, but I really think he'll rue this.

Mane and Salah did nothing but make space for him.

From what I've seen from Liverpool without Coutinho Salah was also the main reason they did so well without Coutinho. Firmino is a very good playmaker as a false 9, especially when he has that much pace around him. Not sure Liverpool even need to spend that money on an all out attacker tbh. I'd get a Pogba or De Bruyne type that can be that advanced playmaker as a midfielder rather than a free role inside forward, especially with the prospect of pairing someone like that with Keita. Goretzka would have been perfect if Schalke weren't playing bend over and come get it with Bayern. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, FanboyOf91 said:

oh wow

hopefully he's motivated...

If true, there's the PL veteran some were looking for, and not cup tied. Statistics not too far behind Coutinho, except price.

Add Lemar this summer, and I say good dealing FSG.

And, honestly, the way Ox had been progressing, I think he can fill a good bit of that playmaker role in Klopp's attack.

Edited by Long n Left

On 29/12/2017 at 10:22 AM, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

I think 100% he's gone by the summer, but I do think there is currently a chance he goes in January. Probably more so than previously.

For my money, Liverpool are locked in for that 2nd place with or without coutinho, you are set for a strong second half of the season. I'd argue you don't 'need' him to finish second. 

Barca must know his price can only really go up. Strong showing for the remainder of the season, then the WC which notoriously inflates prices on the top performers. Barca should see that price inflation risk, exactly as you say, maybe 140mil becomes 180-200mil in 6 months.

The difference for Liverpool is that yes they could hold onto him to reap that extra cash, but that's a massive sums to play roulette with. There's also talk of player swaps etc...

He's going, I think a compromise position could be reached in January.

Seems like it's playing out this way. Coutinho wasn't needed to establish second in this league.

Breaching Manchester City is another matter, IMHO

Edited by UK SKINS FAN '74

32 minutes ago, FanboyOf91 said:

20171216-The18-Image-Christian-Pulisic-D

julian-weigl-cropped_1d4qflkgz8cgq1i9mme

Just saying...

EDIT:

Just realized it was Pulisic. Great choice if you want someone that plays the same position. Thought it was Gotze on account of I haven't seen his face since the 2014 WC Final 

Edited by Berggy9598