Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Glad we have this pro-Spurs commentary

3 minutes ago, Morrison J said:

That should be Mane off. Pure bottle job by both the ref and linesman. 

Rose could've been off in the first half easily, as well.

Rough job done by all 4 today.

3 minutes ago, Morrison J said:

Disagree on Rose tbh. Spurs getting a very raw deal from the ref in this half so far. Three very poor decisions already gone against them. 

They've had more than a couple go in their favor as well.  Including that goal and the earlier pen that wasn't given.

You can certainly say Mane should be off and I wouldn't argue.

Cou has had a good match, should've scored at least one, but it's time for Origi or Sturridge.

That was not a foul on Lovren :ols:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DC9 said:

They've had more than a couple go in their favor as well.  Including that goal and the earlier pen that wasn't given.

You can certainly say Mane should be off and I wouldn't argue.

Matip blocking Kane in the box in the first half deserves a mention too then. Also a penalty if we're going by the letter of the law. 

Awful refereeing performance whatever way you look at it. I think Mane not being sent off is the most blatantly awful piece of refereeing of all though. 

• Like 1

Milner has been OUTSTANDING

1 minute ago, Morrison J said:

Matip blocking Kane in the box in the first half deserves a mention too then. Also a penalty if we're going by the letter of the law.

Deal. 3-1 Liverpool, 66' :rofl89:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Spurs defensively have been outstanding.

Really getting tired of being "the better side" and not getting the result.

I heard today that klopps first 32 games for Liverpool has the exact same number of wins as BRs last 32 games.  May have got the number of games wrong, but what are your thoughts on that?  It seemed like the announcer was suggesting it's down to the squad, not the manager.  

2 minutes ago, SkinssRvA said:

I heard today that klopps first 32 games for Liverpool has the exact same number of wins as BRs last 32 games.  May have got the number of games wrong, but what are your thoughts on that?  It seemed like the announcer was suggesting it's down to the squad, not the manager.  

maybe.. wouldn't be that surprised.  rodgers was well covered by suarez's brilliance, and klopp was working with a pretty average squad inherited from rodgers.

• Like 2

Frustrating game. Only one team deserved to win. Their 'keeper clear MoM. Missed chances. (Just HOW did Phil miss that the first 5?). Defo pen on Matip not given. Piss poor officiating there. To acknowledge Matip has been dragged down, stop proceedings, lecture the 'Spurs player, then STILL give nottin' beggared belief. But he was utter ****e all though. Barely a bad tattle the match and a slew of bookings. Mane should of gone. F knows why his goal was disallowed? Told even on replay it's VERY dubious to call Lallana. Matip unlucky to hit the bar from a corner in front of us second half. A threat from corners again. It's been TOO long. (Defending set pieces FAR better too with the extra height back there.). 

Frustrating day but an excellent all round performance. Just need a bit more composure/ luck. Have to be real encouraged to take 4 points that should of been 6 from two trips to North London. Won't be many that do that and play so well. And if they do they can be real pleased with themselves too. 

Deserved better. But you don't always get what you deserve. Like I said last week, but in different circumstances this, that's football. 

Very happy with three out of the four performances this season. Just frustrated it hasn't been more. Matip strengthened things at the back. And Can in for Henderson after the break will tighten it even further. 

Now to enjoy a few cans on this train home.

Hail. 

1 hour ago, SkinssRvA said:

Yeah, and that's fine as far as the League goes. 

We weren't too concerned with the league last year at the end with Europa League and how that went.  The goal was essentially stay up in the league and back door Champions League through Europa.  Unfortunately the ref allowed Sevilla to handle the ball in the box 3 times in the first half and what should've been a comfortable 4-0 lead at HT turned into a nightmare for Moreno in the 2nd.

But bottom line, you can't compare the two in my opinion.  We were playing under 23's most of the end of last year.

• Like 1

Well, okay performance against Stoke, had a lot of chances that we couldnt finish off. Outside of the last 4 minutes or so we were really just sitting back and absorbing near the end which I wasnt thrilled with, but finished well.

Holgate continutes to look really good and Gueye was a steal at 7 million, he looks great. Not the best performance as a whole but Ill take the 3 points.

Edited by MisterPinstripe
cuz
  • Like 1