Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Follow 

Mamadou sakho hearing Thursday in Paris. Will argue he should not have been banned in first place

Still fear UEFA will find something to give him a lengthy ban on if only for them to save face.

Liverpool star Sakho's UEFA doping hearing will take place on Thursday - Liverpool Echo

Hail. 

You made us look bad by not taking something on the ban list to begin with...

I think having him miss the final and Euros is sufficient, but I agree... they'll find something.

It's not Gabigol, I know that! :lol:

So we're one of 16 category one ranked PL academy set-up's (Newcastle have replaced Hull) that have been invited to play in the revamped/ rebranded Johnstone's Paint Trophy. Now to be called the English Football League Trophy: 

EFL Trophy: Format confirmed for 2016/17

In theory it's a good idea to give younger players competitive football to aid their development, being as the U-18/21 structure is so pitiful in England with so few games. But it's been badly thought out and planned for me and i don't see much benefit in entering. All the games are scheduled over International breaks, so you're losing your most promising players right there in youth Internationals/ anyone around the first team squad. It's OK having 6 of the XI having to be U'21 players. But when you can't pick anyone already registered the first team squad of 25 for the PL that negates older squad players who no longer get any substantial reserve games. So on the face of it you could well be left with U'18 players going up against hardened pro's 10 years older. 

Good idea. Poor planning. 

But at least it's an acknowledgement that the whole U-21 (reserve) structure is terrible in England and something seriously needs doing. Probably a pre-curser to PL clubs having B teams in the lower leagues in the future to give that competitive edge.

Hail. 

• Like 1

Just wondering where Higuain is going to land ? Chelski, Arsenal, ....

They can have him.  He'd win us the league but I don't want him.

Not sure that makes sense because it's been a while, but would rather someone that the midfielders can grow with.

We already have a Serie A striker who can score in Italy.

Just wondering where Higuain is going to land ? Chelski, Arsenal, ....

I'd take him...I don't pay the bills, Roman does.  Do I think he's a difference maker?  Not really.  

I doubt seriously Chelsea gets the nod if Real and Chelsea are both in the mix.

Apparently Kante is what's stopping Pogba to Real at the moment, which is allowing the Pogba to United talks.

Kante sounds like he wants to stay in England which is why I'm optimistic.  But yes given all things, if Real offer ridiculous wages he will probably go there.  I thought these stupid Spanish clubs were barred from signing people?  Whatever happened to that

• Like 1

I'd take him...I don't pay the bills, Roman does.  Do I think he's a difference maker?  Not really.  

Kante sounds like he wants to stay in England which is why I'm optimistic.  But yes given all things, if Real offer ridiculous wages he will probably go there.  I thought these stupid Spanish clubs were barred from signing people?  Whatever happened to that

I like Higuain, the dude scores when it matters opposed to diva Ibra. Pogba clearly said he favors Real instead of ManU, let them overpaid for the overrated, doubt they can afford him and Kanté. Someone said financial fairplay ? :P:rolleyes:

It is believed that they're shopping James for €65 mil, I doubt the evil empire dummies  will pay that fee (Krychowiak transfer clause was €45 mil, the evil empire signed him for €30 mil.).

Edit: Chelsea transfer rumours: Gonzalo Higuain linked with Stamford Bridge switch - but Costa's going nowhere

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

Higuain will score goals, but I don't think he'll score them in England at the same rate that he scored them in Italy.  Sure Serie A is a defense-first league, but the players and the play are all slower than they are in England.

I look to that chance he had against the US where he was played through off a free kick and had 15 minutes to take a shot and got angled out by Guzan.

If you look at most of his goals in Serie A from last year, they were poacher's goals.  That'll play in England but not to the tune of 30 plus per season.

Ante Coric bid put in.  12 million pounds plus.  Croation attacking midfielder.

No thoughts on him, but he's young and 10 goals from 17-19 years old is nothing to get upset about.

Here you go, P.

Looking solid.

EFC Fans Corner @EFCFansCorner 1m1 minute ago

The Dutch newspaper Voetbal Primeur have constructed a team that they think Koeman could create this season.pic.twitter.com/NQyz188hut

Cmr-Lu8XYAAfMhV.jpg
1 retweet 0 likes

Be cautious with Croatians and Serbs they are technically very gifted but mentally "weak" when things got rough. They let their emotions get the best of them. See how Croatia failed during this Euro, they had almost an open path to the final and they screwed up.

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

I like Higuain, the dude scores when it matters opposed to diva Ibra. Pogba clearly said he favors Real instead of ManU .....

That's actually been the major knock on Higuain right through his career. Too many big games he goes missing in and doesn't produce. 

Do you have that on Pogba? Asking as it's being reported that he desperately wants back to Utd here.

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Do you have that on Pogba? Asking as it's being reported that he desperately wants back to Utd here.

Hail. 

Bidding war for Pogba

Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba favours a move to Real Madrid over Manchester United, the Guardian report. The English club’s greatest hope lies in their huge budget. They hope to outbid the Spanish giants for the France star. They’re willing to meet Juventus’s valuation of £84 million and are willing to go beyond that if Madrid can match that bid. Jose Mourinho is determined to get his man.

His father also wants him to join Real

Higuain: This season, his name has featured on the scoresheet in 24 games, a Serie A record.

Marcello Lippi says he shares Roberto Mancini's opinion that Gonzalo Higuain is as decisive for Napoli as Lionel Messi is for Barcelona.

According to A Bola Pepe might miss tonite's game

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

Thanks for the Pogba link. 

Still a myth that Higuain is a big game player. 

Hail. 

I thought Argentina's woes were all Messi's fault though?

Be cautious with Croatians and Serbs they are technically very gifted but mentally "weak" when things got rough. They let their emotions get the best of them. See how Croatia failed during this Euro, they had almost an open path to the final and they screwed up.

My wife is of eastern European decent.  I can promise she isn't mentally weak.  :lol:

Maybe just a football thing.  I was disappointed to see them go out, I love watching Modric.  

Edited by DC9
  • Like 1

I thought Argentina's woes were all Messi's fault though?

My wife is of eastern European decent.  I can promise she isn't mentally weak.  :lol:

Maybe just a football thing.  I was disappointed to see them go out, I love watching Modric.  

She just seems mentally strong because you are a Liverpool fan, so in comparison to your weak minds she is a mental giant. OOOOOOOOOOOO SNAAAAAAAAP!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ZIIIIIIING!

Edited by MisterPinstripe
  • Like 2

She just seems mentally strong because you are a Liverpool fan, so in comparison to your weak minds she is a mental giant. OOOOOOOOOOOO SNAAAAAAAAP!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ZIIIIIIING!

Witchcraft is powerful down there, I feel for you :lol:

I think FR is closer on this one :lol:

• Like 1

Not sure what you'd know about L'pool being blue?

But good luck to your fellow Countrymen tonight regardless against Portugal. 

Hail. 

• Like 1