Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

..... Liverpool aspires to get to the CL. The tourney you are trying to win gets you into the big boy tourney. The rest of us are already here waiting to pull you up when you get up the ladder. We're playing monopoly in the treehouse while you still climbing the ladder.

There you go again with another Sky Generation line. 

Liverpool aspires to win ****ing trophies! Getting into the Champions League is just a bonus to that. 

Being happy just being in the Champions League and doing **** all ultimately every year might satisfy you because of the money. You should add Arsenal to your harem of clubs. Wenger would love you!

Me, I'd rather win trophies. 

****ing modern day football 'fans' ..... God give me strength. 

Hail. 

Why do you even bother? It's like trying to convince Donald Trump he's not a chump with bad hair. 

Your brother-in-law in town or something?

I hope he is.

I guess if the only European competition my team played for ever was second tier I'd promote it in my mind as champions league too....

Which team, tho?

We beat United already...

I guess if the only European competition my team played for ever was second tier I'd promote it in my mind as champions league too....

Can I just acronym you to M (odern) D (ay) S (ky) G (eneration) D (ick) ?

Because that's just the way you're talking. (Funnily enough you had the complete opposite view on the UEFA Cup when BvB where looking at winning it but yer know. Small details.). 

But hey, I'm not going to continue to give you a platform for that bunkum.  See the BT. He'll have a cookie waiting. 

We'll just enjoy being in yet another major European final next week.

You enjoy another European season of nothing. But there's always the 'prestige' of being a Champions League also ran again over actual silverware I suppose. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Your brother-in-law in town or something?

I hope he is.

Which team, tho?

We beat United already...

Sorry could you repeat that? Arsenal is popping popcorn up here. Benfica is being awfully loud too. We're about to do storytelling around the campfire. It's called when Liverpool played for actual titles.

• Like 1

Dallas is only DC's main rival in football.  Every other sport we're in completely different conferences so there's no chance to build up a rivalry really.

That's where MLS confuses me. 

Aern't the different 'conferences' are just for aesthetic  view as you play the same number of games against every team and have one big final table don't you?

Hail. 

Can I just acronym you to M (odern) D (ay) S (ky) G (eneration) D (ick) ?

Because that's just the way you're talking. (Funnily enough you had the complete opposite view on the UEFA Cup when BvB where looking at winning it but yer know. Small details.).

But hey, I'm not going to continue to give you a platform for that bunkum. See the BT. He'll have a cookie waiting.

We'll just enjoy being in yet another major European final next week.

You enjoy another European season of nothing. But there's always the 'prestige' of being a Champions League also ran again over actual silverware I suppose.

Hail.

I said it would be cool if BVB won Europa and Bayern won champions but that doesn't mean I consider it a top tier tourney. It is a tourney meant for teams that couldn't compete with the top teams in their own leagues. It's consolation tournament. The NIT of Europe if you will.

BTW Richmond ..... I thought you proudly proclaimed you were done with this thread the other day in your last hissy fit moment?

Or was that another page out of Ellesar's pretend B/S book?

Not advocating you do that by the way. I thought it was as ridiculous a notion then as it is now to take your bat and ball home over a frigging ambiguous internet message board. To be kind. 

Just asking as you went down that road.

Hail. 

I said it would be cool if BVB won Europa and Bayern won champions but that doesn't mean I consider it a top tier tourney. It is a tourney meant for teams that couldn't compete with the top teams in their own leagues. It's consolation tournament. The NIT of Europe if you will.

Thank you for the insight there MDSGD.

Must be an oversight that two of the semi finalists and one finalist going for it's third straight are Champions League teams. 

Hail. 

Aern't the different 'conferences' are just for aesthetic  view as you play the same number of games against every team and have one big final table don't you?

Kind of, but there's still the playoffs which are set up along conference lines as well.

• Like 1

BTW Richmond ..... I thought you proudly proclaimed you were done with this thread the other day in your last hissy fit moment?

Or was that another page out of Ellesar's pretend B/S book?

Not advocating you do that by the way. I thought it was as ridiculous a notion then as it is now to take your bat and ball home over a frigging ambiguous internet message board. To be kind.

Just asking as you went down that road.

Hail.

Basically if you all dish it out than I would too. I held my tongue on Europa for awhile while you all tee'd off on Bayern while proclaiming Pool kings of Europe. There is only one King of Europe and that is the CL winner. You guys could be the Queens though. You know being England and all.

Hail. 

In regards to the rivalry, DCU vs RBNY is one of the most fierce in the league primarily because it goes back to the founding of the league. When they were the Metrostars. A lot of animosity comes from the fact that we're both flagship franchises but the league adores RBNY while considering us an afterthought. Even though we have four titles compared to their ZERO. That's our angle anyway lol. Around the league folks will say it has more to do with the fact that we've played them in the postseason more than any other team. It almost feels annual at this point.

The conference format plays a role in the setup of the postseason. Teams play 24 in conference games and 10 out of conference games during the regular season. The top six in each conference advance to the playoffs. Used to be four. But since last year it became six, where the 4seed plays the 5th and the 6th seed plays the third in a single game to determine the semis. The semis and conference finals are a two game aggregate format leading up to the championship game for the MLS Cup.

In regards to the rivalry, DCU vs RBNY is one of the most fierce in the league primarily because it goes back to the founding of the league. When they were the Metrostars. A lot of animosity comes from the fact that we're both flagship franchises but the league adores RBNY while considering us an afterthought. Even though we have four titles compared to their ZERO. That's our angle anyway lol. Around the league folks will say it has more to do with the fact that we've played them in the postseason more than any other team. It almost feels annual at this point.

The conference format plays a role in the setup of the postseason. Teams play 24 in conference games and 10 out of conference games during the regular season. The top six in each conference advance to the playoffs. Used to be four. But since last year it became six, where the 4seed plays the 5th and the 6th seed plays the third in a single game to determine the semis. The semis and conference finals are a two game aggregate format leading up to the championship game for the MLS Cup.

The rivalry is insane. I've been at home and away games. The hate is real. When I went to RBA they made us stay in the stadium for over a hour and a half to make sure we could get out safely. The playoff series recently have been nasty. My bud got jumped from behind by a RB supporter in the DC restroom and me and my DIstrict Ultra and Barra buds ran the mother****er straight out of RFK. Timbers and sounders are northwest pride. DC and NY is just nasty.

• Like 1

Sorry could you repeat that? Arsenal is popping popcorn up here. Benfica is being awfully loud too. We're about to do storytelling around the campfire. It's called when Liverpool played for actual titles.

Well, you obviously can't "hear" what I'm writing or you would've stopped a long time ago. 

When your death in this conversation occurred. :lol:

And I know Bayern aren't used to it... but there is a European title o n the line on Wednesday.

He obviously got laid last night.

Hopefully this one sticks around... I can't take another one of his "woe is my/why don't girls like me" threads. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Basically if you all dish it out than I would too. I held my tongue on Europa for awhile while you all tee'd off on Bayern while proclaiming Pool kings of Europe. There is only one King of Europe and that is the CL winner. You guys could be the Queens though. You know being England and all.

NOW you're trolling. And not even being subtle about it. 

Completely ignore fellow Bayern fans. Steam in to any L'pool response. 

It's like watching Fred on speed. 

Thank you for the insight. Appreciated. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 2

The rivalry is insane. I've been at home and away games. The hate is real. When I went to RBA they made us stay in the stadium for over a hour and a half to make sure we could get out safely. The playoff series recently have been nasty. My bud got jumped from behind by a RB supporter in the DC restroom and me and my DIstrict Ultra and Barra buds ran the mother****er straight out of RFK. Timbers and sounders are northwest pride. DC and NY is just nasty.

Yeah, there were a lot of stories about the playoff trip last year going around (I'm a Barra member) that folks were getting spit on and threatened through the fences walking up to the stadium. That anyone who may have ventured off from the group ended up in physical altercations.

Funny how the league is trying to create a new rivalry with Philly now.

Yeah, there were a lot of stories about the playoff trip last year going around (I'm a Barra member) that folks were getting spit on and threatened through the fences walking up to the stadium. That anyone who may have ventured off from the group ended up in physical altercations.

Funny how the league is trying to create a new rivalry with Philly now.

Nothing sadder than manufactured rivalries. I remember in college the BigTen was trying to get Penn State and Michigan State to be rivals—but there was no history, there was too much distance between. The two never played for anything meaningful. 

• Like 1

Well, you obviously can't "hear" what I'm writing or you would've stopped a long time ago.

When your death in this conversation occurred. :lol:

And I know Bayern aren't used to it... but there is a European title o n the line on Wednesday.

He obviously got laid last night.

Hopefully this one sticks around... I can't take another one of his "woe is my/why don't girls like me" threads. :rolleyes:

Trolling describes most of your posts. That or underhanded childish pot shots. When you all can't handle a argument back you attack the person. That's how we know we won. Atleast GHH will go toe to toe. Can't handle the heat clearly.

Good luck in your 75th- 80th best team in Europe trophy.

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

Trolling describes most of your posts. That or underhanded childish pot shots. When you all can't handle a argument back you attack the person. That's how we know we won. Atleast GHH will go toe to toe. Can't handle the heat clearly.

Good luck in your 75th- 80th best team in Europe trophy.

So now you're acknowledging that Wednesday is a title that we are competing for?

Because I wasn't sure by your previous posts.