Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

I don't mean to be funny but no one holds a gun to people's head telling them to pay £60 for a ticket in "******* east London" vote with your feet and stay home with a few cans of whatever, it was the same tonight with the 3000 tickets we had which was if memory serves "restricted" views and "severely restricted" it was the same with the travel no late trains back to London so people having to drive or get a coach, now with those options the club whacked a few quid extra on to the price... The price of doing business, and people are still gonna book regardless, don't make it wrong or right it's of them things... Life. I should add that £60 is about the going rate of a fixture in London.

I hope it don't sound like I'm having a pop, I'm not i regularly enjoys reading though what's being said on here... Having said that, if the ref had seen the handball hopefully the replay wouldn't have been needed.

I was surprised with the team you had out there, and thought you was there for the taking, but alas it wasn't meant to be. Maybe the injuries early in the game disrupted things, there wasn't too many great chances either end, what did shock me was the shots on goal by a few Liverpool players.. The shots was troubling the back of the kop than our goal, but I ain't complaining!

Was one of the games no one deserved to win or lose... I just hope we don't go to penalties! Still ain't recovered from that FA Cup final many years ago!!!

⚒ Up the hammers ⚒

Edited by LondonSkins77
  • Like 1

"The handball"?  The one that hit the back and then hit Caulkers arm like 14 inches away? :lol:

Hate to tell you, man... but that was Martin Atkinson.  Unless you get Michael Oliver for the reverse, you're not going to get more calls than you just go yesterday.  I thought Atkinson missed more calls against us than you guys, but that was never a hand ball for a penalty.

Honestly not to sure you're going to see an improved side for the reverse fixture... you might see the U-21 team that beat Exeter along with Benteke.  We have a final, knockouts of Europa, FA Cup, and the League still going on.

Oh yeah, did I mention my night may of been ruined by a **** MF REPLAY at a ground I absolutely detest on a Tuesday ****ing night!?

Hail. 

Ibe was horrible... Benteke was worse.

Still coming out to the top of the 18 when the ball is moving down the wing.

Still not on the same page as the winger.

Laid up on that shot and played it down to Allen when he was clearly facing goal.  THAT one pissed me off more than anything.

He literally couldn't have put forth less effort last night.

Keep trotting him out with the U-21s and see what happens.

Really liked Brannagan and Stewart, too.  Of course Smith looked excellent.  I thought Teixeira played in two really nice through balls that were wasted, one per half, and had that shot that was well saved.

Whats funny is each of these guys basically turned off paying attention to Benteke against Exeter and then scored 3 goals.  I'd wonder if you trot them out there against West Ham if you'd see the same.

• Like 1

I heard Real is signing Lewy and Pogba. No one is gonna have a chance in Europe except Barca. Not even Bayern as much as I hate to say it.

Pogba is really over rated for me.  I mean, I see a ton of potential, but he's not the best young midfielder in the world.  He's a top 10.

I think Kovacic is actually better.

Lewandowski would be a frightening add.

I'll lay all the family Silver that we're not the least bit interested in either. 

Hail. 

OH I have no confidence we're signing anyone.

Morata would be awesome, but why would Juve dump him when they're playing knockouts?

Chev is sort of believable because he's a cup player for Real... but we're linked every window to him.

• Like 1

OH I have no confidence we're signing anyone.

Morata would be awesome, but why would Juve dump him when they're playing knockouts?

Chev is sort of believable because he's a cup player for Real... but we're linked every window to him.

Honestly don't know about Morata. I mean he looked tidy last year, but he's woeful this. 

We need far better IMHO to replace Sturridge. (Whether he's still here or not.). 

Hail. 

• Like 1

I don't mean to be funny but no one holds a gun to people's head telling them to pay £60 for a ticket in "******* east London" vote with your feet and stay home with a few cans of whatever, it was the same tonight with the 3000 tickets we had which was if memory serves "restricted" views and "severely restricted" it was the same with the travel no late trains back to London so people having to drive or get a coach, now with those options the club whacked a few quid extra on to the price... The price of doing business, and people are still gonna book regardless, don't make it wrong or right it's of them things... Life. I should add that £60 is about the going rate of a fixture in London.

Just pissed because I hate going Upton Park. No offence. ****e to try drink round there. Always moody. Takes an age getting back on the tube. But regardless ......

To be fair you could get back by train up until 10ish. Just if you missed the 20 to 9 you'd have an all night journey as that's the last direct one. Completely agree like that they should put more direct trains on when they know it's a later game. The replay, it's exactly the same. Last trains half 11, which is highly unlikely if theres extra time and pens getting out and back across to Euston. And even if you do make it, it doesn't arrive home until 7:21 the next frigging morning. Already booked a cheap room Kings Cross. 

You and Arsenal are above anything else, even for London prices. But it looks like West Ham are dropping the prices right down for their own fans so it might not be too bad. 

And as much as you're right nobody holds a gun to your head, you know following a football club isn't anything like as simple as that. That's how the ****ers have you and get away with skanking us blind financially. Exploitation of loyalty. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Honestly don't know about Morata. I mean he looked tidy last year, but he's woeful this. 

We need far better IMHO to replace Sturridge. (Whether he's still here or not.). 

Hail. 

Oh I'm just trying to qualify for champions league lol. 

We won't be getting a Sturridge replacement until the summer.  I'm trying for top 4 or Europa League winner with a signing or two.

BTW... the wife is going to want the green one

The Firm @thefirmBL 5h5 hours ago

EXCLUSIVE: Liverpool’s away and 3rd kit for next season. What's your thoughts #LFC fans?

CaEKWpeWIAAGQPX.jpg
  • Like 1

BTW... the wife is going to want the green one

The Firm ‏@thefirmBL 5h5 hours ago

EXCLUSIVE: Liverpool’s away and 3rd kit for next season. What's your thoughts #LFC fans?

FSG are stupid. 

But they're not that frigging stupid to have us wear blue. And what the green mock up is all about I don't know .....

Calling B/S until the actual releases come out. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lewandowski-klopp-liverpool-fc-starting-10814697

Don't get why a Munich player would speak so highly of Klopp?

Being as he's a joke of a manager at a small club and all. 

Hail. 

Well, don't forget... Munich grew him in their academy.  Born and raised.  Didn't pay a nickel for him.

My guess is Lewi is just trying to get Klopp riled up so that he has a coronary during the Cup final.

FSG are stupid. 

But they're not that frigging stupid to have us wear blue. And what the green mock up is all about I don't know .....

Calling B/S until the actual releases come out. 

Hail. 

I actually like the greenies.

Had the same reaction about the blue, myself.  You never know.  Those were the same ones who leaked this years.

• Like 1

I heard Real is signing Lewy and Pogba. No one is gonna have a chance in Europe except Barca. Not even Bayern as much as I hate to say it.

Where did you read that - the tabloids.  You know, the same ones who said Mueller to United.

Lewa isn't going anywhere.

Where did you read that - the tabloids.  You know, the same ones who said Mueller to United.

Lewa isn't going anywhere.

MAYBE in the summer.

Certainly not in this window.

I'd say 28 is about the time to cash in on a player like that (especially with how Real can print money... like, literally), but then I remembered you guys keep the ghost of Arjen Robben around for special occasions.

• Like 1

God. Another 11 hours or so of Teixera speculation as desperate sites look for added clicks and even more desperate fools on Sky try fill dead air time by making excitement out of none story's. 

Damn Transfer Windows. Used to be a lot better before them IMHO.

The last day of a window is the worst day of the year

Hail. 

• Like 2

Messi seeks to meet Afghan boy in plastic jersey http://news.yahoo.com/messi-seeks-meet-afghan-boy-plastic-jersey-074150369--sow.html

Barcelona star Lionel Messi is hoping to arrange a meeting with an Afghan boy who shot to fame after pictures of him dressed in a striped plastic bag jersey went viral, Kabul's football federation said Monday. Five-year-old Murtaza Ahmadi idolises the Argentine soccer star but a jersey of his favourite player is beyond the means of his poor family in the volatile province of Ghazni near Kabul. Jorge Messi, Lionel's father, told AFP on Saturday that the footballer was aware of the photos that made waves on social media and "wants to do something" for his young fan.

• Like 2

Interesting, ix... the initial reports on that pic weeks ago said it was someone in Iraq.  Glad they have a line on him, that'd be a cool story.

And yeah, either Teixeira was getting done with Ayre in Florida or it wasn't getting done.  When he came home later that day it was as if the window was already closed.

Wouldn't be upset for Icardi.  He's ****e, but he's ****e that moves around in the final third.  Which is more than what I can say for Benteke.  Benteke can't luck into a goal at the moment because he's in the wrong spot and plays in Joe Allen when he has a clear look at goal... or he just biffs a sitter.

I think it's essential to get a player who will be moving around that final third.  Even if it's a rental.  We're in 4 competitions, we need bodies.