Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Good luck Arsenal today against the rent boys. It won't alter the destination of the title sadly, but I hope you absolutely hammer the ****bags!

As for the earlier game ..... can they both lose and save the angst? I shall grudgingly say I hope Everton win in a game there's NEVER any winners from my POV. 

And now I need to go self flagellate myself as penance and pray for forgiveness after openly saying that. 

Hail. 

****ing **** effort.

Had about three players trying.  And ONE of them was ****ING LOVREN!

Had to win and we trot out the 4-2-3-1 again.  Cause that's how we got goals the first 4 months?

This dude is a ****ing idiot.

Have no fear little bro', he has the answer .....

We need a consistent striker that will play every week!

Why this genius gem was lost on him both in the summer and January windows when he and the 'brain trust' thought it prudent to replace £ 75 million of World Class talent and one who can never stay on the pitch with a 33 year old Championship calibre striker he/ they have treat pretty darn disgracefully the longer the years gone on and an Italian he neither wanted nor has any concept how to get the best out of wasn't made clear.  :angry:.

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

only saw the first half, but boy, that was brutal. tons of possession, but no attacking movement in the final third. that was boring, boring football.

It didn't get much better after the break. 

The highlight was Ibe having a shot deflected onto the woodwork after a great run from a one-two with Mario. And their 'keeper made a double save (Mario had the first shot blocked) from Coutinho and then Henderson when it was easier to score. But Jordan thought he'd celebrate his new contract the way Jordan's 'talents' showcase themselves best. By hitting it straight at the keeper. 

But the manger is 'proud' (he said that. No word of a lie) of how we bounced back after the Villa shambles by both, and I quote, 'defending and attacking well  with all the invention and creativity we possibly could.' 74% total possession. And 5 shots on target. Three from the same move. One a long range shot from Gerrard (who was abysmally bad again) troubling nobody. 

His comments if/ when we fail to turn up at the equally woeful Hull on Tuesday night should be priceless. 

Hail. 

Blue ****e 1 up. 

The great mystery of this season remains how a side as piss poor as Utd are in the top 4. 

Hail. 

We won't get into the "ifs".  Like, IF the blue side were to hang on, and we won yesterday and again on Tuesday, we would be 2 points behind them.

But I digress...

Shows you how up & down this league is! I do agree with how mediocre Man U are... Now there getting ready to drop another £100m or so in the summer. That's like Man city half the time depending on how much their star players want it each week. As a West Ham fan I'm just counting down till the season ends!

• Like 1

Thanks Michael Oliver

Wouldn't of given the Arsenal one (where are your hands  supposed to go when you're diving in?); BUT I have seen them given. 

And why wasn't Oscar ordered off? How was he NOT concussed?

Come on Arsenal second half!

Hail. 

Arsenal had chances. Didn't take them

That was a world class performance by John Terry for Chelsea. Don't like the man but he is still by FAR the best defender in the Premier League. I thought he would be finished by now but I overlooked the fact that you can't lose pace you never had and that his reading of the game and the way he positions and communicates would compensate for the fact that I think I turn faster than him now.

Having Matic as his personal body guard does help mind you.

Chelsea were toying with Arsenal for periods in that second half - but Ozil had the chance to win it just before the end.

Two clear penalties to Chelsea first half as well.

@GHH

I know its a shame that so many clubs that are really successful don't have amazing atmospheres. I mean Barca being quiet, I assume Real isn't crazy, Bayern can be crazy but definitely different from the Dortmunds and Schalke(I keep a close eye on Dortmund because of their crazy home). The Chelsea's and Man City's are nothing special. I just wonder I guess if the success kills the atmosphere.

Sidenote I find it funny I'm much more dangerous on fifa with Barca than bayern. Lol

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

@GHH

I know its a shame that so many clubs that are really successful don't have amazing atmospheres. I mean Barca being quiet, I assume Real isn't crazy, Bayern can be crazy but definitely different from the Dortmunds and Schalke(I keep a close eye on Dortmund because of their crazy home). The Chelsea's and Man City's are nothing special. I just wonder I guess if the success kills the atmosphere.

Sidenote I find it funny I'm much more dangerous on fifa with Barca than bayern. Lol

Modern day football in a lot of respects. 

Seats and the extortionate prices they bring with them, in turn attracting a different class of supporter, have completely ruined the game at the highest level in England on an average Saturday afternoon. Even our two respective clubs, the biggest two in the Country and two of the biggest on the face of the planet, play out home games to morgue like atmospheres most weekends, But the type of 'supporter' present in the main these days are the type of person the clubs want. One that's coming for his/ her big day out', and one that will spend a shed load of money in the club store to make their day that the traditional fan wouldn't dream of going in.  Another reason why I pick and chose matches more and more these days by the passing year. In the past, even when the football was poor, you could guarantee to have of had a great time regardless on the terraces. These day's, Anfield is like a morgue most weeks. We can still raise ourselves for the big occasion like no other (although even European nights this year where pretty darn piss poor to our detriment); but your average league game is just flat and like most any other ground. Give me an away game ANY day of the week. Lees day-trippers and much more of the traditional 'regulars.' 

As much as I have a burning dislike, to be kind, for Utd, I have really felt for the genuine Manchester lads through Utd's era of PL dominance the past 2 decades or so. Most that went all over week on week following absolute ****e the previous 26 years would of missed out on the success live down to rocketing ticket prices and new 'fans' with disposable incomes coming from all over getting tickets they scarcely deserve. 

Just another sad byproduct of the modern game and the way money has destroyed it all in many respects. 

Congratulations to both Watford and Bournemouth on their promotion to the top flight. In Bournemouth's case a first ever. 

Although I'm loath to it as a travelling fan with another 2 long ass trips to two Southern clubs with ****ty grounds; they've both done tremendous on little resources to come out on top over 46 games. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Thoughts from the weekend of soccer:

1. At a U9 girls rec soccer game here. A mom ran onto the field and confronted a girl on the opposing team. She yelled at the little girl, "You elbowed my daughter in the head on purpose!". At the end of the game the dad of the girl who got yelled at cut off that mom in his car and started edging his car towards hers threatening to "ram" her. Yes, all the kids in question were riding in the cars during this game of chicken. Man drove off before police arrived.

2. At the hotel I stayed at this weekend for a tournament. Coaches from another club were accused of yelling racial slurs at a Chinese man because a) he was taking too long with the washer and dryer and B) stealing clothes out of said washer and dryers. An altercation broke out and police arrived. 

WTF, people. Keep it together. 

I don't know yet the outcome. The woman took down the guy's license plate and reported it.

As far as the club, the last I heard that that woman will be banned from all games and practices but her kid will be allowed to finish out the season (grandparents will be allowed to bring her as to not punish the girl for something her mother did). But it just happened and I think the board is ruling today. 

I don't know what will happen to the other guy since it's not our club. I'm sure we'll hear.