Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

It has come to my attention that the ArgentIna national team is in dc this week. They are practicing at Georgetown.

Aguero and freaking Messi.

I want autographs! !!!!!

Yeah bruh. Picked up the flyer for the Argentina - El Salvador game at El Pollo Rico at VA Square.

...love that place.

Just got back from my 4 year old's first soccer practice.  Being that he is only four, I had NO expectations - in fact, I went in expecting it to be more of a glorified babysitting session.

It was better than hilarious.  Two of the girls on the team picked flowers and gave them to my son and the coach had to stop practice to get them all to stop feeling his hair and hugging him.  And they say pimpin' ain't easy.

But the team color is red and we went ahead and locked up #10, so we're on the right track.

Of course I'm not one to impose any of my teams or players on my kids, but I'm responsible for providing him guidance to greatness:

liverpool-025.jpg

Being as Arsenal have never won the UEFA Cup/ Europa League compared to Tottenham's two wins (and have won less European trophy's than 'Spurs all told); one can only presume you are tea drinkers.  ;).

Hail. 

Shucks, I was going for tea baggers... or that they liked tea baggins'

• Like 1

Neymar remains the douchiest athlete ever. He dresses like he's getting ready for a Jersey Shore marathon

And that haircut...my God.

Everyone else looks sharp

Neymar is a classic example of a player that does well in La Liga but would likely get destroyed in the BPL. 

I can also tell he is threatened by Suarez... kind of funny watching that interplay in El Clasico. 

Neymar is a classic example of a player that does well in La Liga but would likely get destroyed in the BPL.

I can also tell he is threatened by Suarez... kind of funny watching that interplay in El Clasico.

nonsense

Neymar would absolutely destroy the Premier League.

Those players dont exist anymore, especially now that the Premier League is a bit of a waste land.

Raheem Sterling is smaller and kills in the premier league. Ozil kills in the premier league. Hazard, Silva, etc.

Neymar would adjust to the refs being idiots and then destroy like every other great talent does.

Oh dear Lord, 

I am now of the realisation that Mesut Ozil and Joe are one and the same.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/9775595/arsenals-mesut-ozil-convinced-he-can-lift-prestigious-ballon-dor-despite-criticism

The greatest trick the Devil ever played .....

Hail.

he could if he scores more goals and helps Arsenal do something in Europe.

Zidane won 3 Ballon D'or's looking cool on the pitch, and Ozil does that as well whereas Ozil is actually pretty consistent and effective.

Edited by JoeWolf990

nonsense

Neymar would absolutely destroy the Premier League.

Those players dont exist anymore, especially now that the Premier League is a bit of a waste land.

Raheem Sterling is smaller and kills in the premier league. Ozil kills in the premier league. Hazard, Silva, etc.

Neymar would adjust to the refs being idiots and then destroy like every other great talent does.

Sterling kills?  Ozil kills?

The government rests, your honor.

Sterling is a great player at just 19. He doesnt look out of place.

Ozil has been one of the better players in the league since his return.

David Silva is another one.

Even tho he isnt a top-top player, I think you guys know a little about Juan Mata.

Neymar would be devastating in this league. Especially since no team can defend well anymore and tactics are in the bushes.

Its 2015, the Premiership isnt great anymore.

Zidane won 3 Ballon D'or's looking cool on the pitch, and Ozil does that as well whereas Ozil is actually pretty consistent and effective.

Did you just suggest Ozil is more consistent and effective than Zidane was?

I mean, I did read that all wrong and you never suggested anything of the sort right?

RIGHT??????

Hail. 

Did you just suggest Ozil is more consistent and effective than Zidane was?

yes.

Zidane is one of the most overrated players in the sport's history.

He was inconsistent. In that era, Rivaldo was the better player and more effective and more consistent.

What Zidane did good was be a big match player. He and Iniesta are similar, imo.

Zidane also looked cool playing because of his sublime technique.

Its why Zidane's club trophies are lacking when compared to other great players, and its not down to not being on great teams or injuries.

someone has a malware image on this page

the file attached to the URL that keeps coming up is "liverpool-025.jpg"

I want to reply but I am, quite literally, draw popping open speechless. 

If I wasn't already on the bed (6 weeks complete rest on the foot. Then possibly another 6 to full healing); I would be in stunned silence. 

Hail.

idk why, its just an opinion thats shared by many who going back to look at Zidane's career.

He was also a hot head.

my favorite line on the Zidane love (and this applies to Iniesta and Laudrup, to an extent except those two won big at club level)

"Yet the suspicion remains that some appreciate Zidane without knowing exactly what they're appreciating; that they are perpetuating a discourse for fear of being seen as a philistine."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2008/jun/19/barcelona.brazil

Sterling is a great player at just 19. He doesnt look out of place.

Ozil has been one of the better players in the league since his return.

David Silva is another one.

Went from "kills" to "doesn't look out of place" and "one of the better players in the league (sic)" in one post.

Bro...

Come on son.

And I wasn't even talking about size.  Who is my favorite player?  A Brazilian midget who pulls the string like a yo-yo master.

I'm talking about style of play.

Think about DiMaria and how he's "killing it".

Not that they are all that similar but what they bring to their teams is - it's distribution from the wing and some scoring, only Neymar is more scoring.

I wish I could add to this convo. All I have to go off of is Zidane's highlights on YT specifically the goal in the CL final

What's his legacy?

He basically won everything he could

Leadership, as well.  Tremendous fire.  But most of your age group are at a loss with leadership.  They think it goes to the guy who is the best or smartest at something.  But you either have it or you don't.

It comes naturally to some ;)

When I say Zidane was overrated, I am not saying he wasnt a great player. Or even an all time great.

But the way he is talked about, you would think he was on the Maradona, Pele, Cruyff, Di Stefano level when he wasnt. I know France won the World Cup with Zidane, but Platini was the better #10 for France.

Thats what my issue is. For some reason people just say he was better than Ronaldo, Henry, Rivaldo when those players were more effective and consistent for their club sides.

I just wish Ronaldo never got injured or it wouldnt even be a conversation.

Went from "kills" to "doesn't look out of place" and "one of the better players in the league (sic)" in one post.

there was context with out of place comment. It was about his size and style of play. Its not typical for England and what premiership fans expect. He is a legit flair player.

Think about DiMaria and how he's "killing it".

Not that they are all that similar but what they bring to their teams is - it's distribution from the wing and some scoring, only Neymar is more scoring.

yeah, Neymar and Di Maria are two completely different "style of players" as you said.

Di Maria was wildly inconsistent in La Liga.

And Neymar is better than Di Maria technically. He would wreck the premiership.

Leadership, as well.  Tremendous fire.  But most of your age group are at a loss with leadership.  They think it goes to the guy who is the best or smartest at something.  But you either have it or you don't.

why do Premiership fans just rely on "intangibles" as if it means something?

No, Neymar would come into the premiership and dominate after an adjustment period.

In 2015, a great player shines in any league. There are no more "La Liga" "Premiership" "Serie A" world class talents anymore. It just doesnt exist because of the best players battle in Champions League every season.