Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

And now I can categorically say on Sunday we are in the top 4 to stay.

Bring on the lesser club from down the road!

Hail.

Please do this right this time, eh?  

Your lot was a bit lucky in the first half as Swansea looked good.  Nice job after the break.

Now onto smash manure and see them sink back to the cesspool from which they crawled.

• Like 1

And now I can categorically say on Sunday we are in the top 4 to stay.

Bring on the lesser club from down the road!

Hail.

NSFW

This time of year means a lot - but one thing in particular is it's time to give a shoutout to Rob Carlyle

Is it wrong that my experience as a fan in this town has conditioned me to expect the Reds to come out flat and lose it on a last minute weird deflection goal? I have low expectations...

It would be to lose the trap game the week before, which we didn't.

Swansea always plays us rough.

Is it wrong that my experience as a fan in this town has conditioned me to expect the Reds to come out flat and lose it on a last minute weird deflection goal? I have low expectations...

Stevies last game against those inbred ****bags. Would you bet against him?

Funny, just been watching Sky sports news the last half hour or so. Massive Champions League week. Arsenal tonight. City tomorrow. And ALL the promo ad's are for the biggest game bar none Sunday lunchtime. Forget yer Champs. Leg. Only ONE game matters in England this week!

I was never the best at maths but 18+5 is GREATER than 20+3 in anyone's language!  ;)

Even Americans know. You tell'em Game! .....

(NSFW):

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 2

It would be to lose the trap game the week before, which we didn't.

Swansea always plays us rough.

Credit where credit is due: Mignolet is the reason why the Reds won last night. They played better in the second half, but without Simon the game would have been out of reach by then.
  • Like 1

I'm proud of the effort but at some point you have to stop putting yourselves in **** positions and actually win a big one.

It's frustrating. Its not like they played Barca or Bayern this time.

Exactly, we put ourselves in the same position last year with Bayern and almost pulled an even bigger upset.  We should have taken our losses after Ox scored to make it 2-1 and just sat back instead of continuing to attack.

Exactly, we put ourselves in the same position last year with Bayern and almost pulled an even bigger upset. We should have taken our losses after Ox scored to make it 2-1 and just sat back instead of continuing to attack.

Exactly. That 3rd goal is unforgivable.

My thinking is that they'll keep on bringing in new guys every summer that aren't infected with the "narrative" so they won't be prone to textbook arsenal **** ups

Also, Sanchez needs to sit. Dude is dead tired and it is showing

You know that I'm not an Arsenal apologist. I do love the style of play they bring, but not a die-hard supporter.

First, to blame one player's mistake on the whole tie is completely mis-guided. In this tie, the ironic issue is that Arsenal needed a striker - not the defender everyone says they should have bought.  Giroud had so many chances over the 2 legs that this tie should have been decided by halftime of the first leg.  The fact that Arsenal couldn't score was the issue here.  Ox did have a bad give-away in the first leg, but he was going for a second goal, like the rest of the team, and was dis-possessed.  Happens all the time.  How about the 5 or more chances by the strikers that were absolute sitters?  

Hard way to lose again, you are right.  Now use this feeling to go ahead and beat out  Chelski for the title!!!!!!

• Like 1

You know that I'm not an Arsenal apologist. I do love the style of play they bring, but not a die-hard supporter.

First, to blame one player's mistake on the whole tie is completely mis-guided. In this tie, the ironic issue is that Arsenal needed a striker - not the defender everyone says they should have bought.  Giroud had so many chances over the 2 legs that this tie should have been decided by halftime of the first leg.  The fact that Arsenal couldn't score was the issue here.  Ox did have a bad give-away in the first leg, but he was going for a second goal, like the rest of the team, and was dis-possessed.  Happens all the time.  How about the 5 or more chances by the strikers that were absolute sitters?  

Hard way to lose again, you are right.  Now use this feeling to go ahead and beat out  Chelski for the title!!!!!!

My bad man. I wasn't clear. I'm not blaming Ox for the tie. That mistake just encapsulates the #arsenalnarrative that has been going on since the beginning of time. 

Giroud, Welbeck, Sanchez, and Ozil all needed to be better. That Ox play just summed it all up for me. 

• Like 1

Arsenal played to win, Monaco played to advance. That was the worst performance I've seen this year from them and totally unprofessional. Arsenal is fun to watch but failed to capitalize on its many chances.

Monaco: 3 shots 0 on target, Arsenal 16 shots, 7 on target.

"We refused to play. Arsenal had a good start - we were under pressure after the first goal" Kondogbia

To the credit of Monaco, this is the only team which plays only away games :P . The crew had to dust the bleachers and grease the folding seats before the CL games.

Edited by FrFan

Is there any truth to the Ibra to Liverpool rumors? It just seems like lazy journalism to me. Ibra is angry with Ligue 1, so he must be leaving. Liverpool is looking for a star to replace Gerrard. The bookies are giving odds to intice suckers to bet...He must be going there.

Edited by jobaga