Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Really looking forward to the Blackburn game tomorrow and booking a return to Anfield South.

If you're English and grew up watching all day Cup Final coverage as it used to be, there's something real special about FA Cup weekends. 

Or as Evertonians call them, Saturday and Sunday.  ;).

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 2

I can't even find a stream for the DCU game....ugh

Their twitter account normally tweets it out right before the game.  They're really good about that.

Edited by DC9

Had a dream that Rovers lost today 3-1.  It was 0-0 at halftime but Liverpool scored from the tunnel when the teams were coming back out onto the pitch and the ref let it stand.  I woke up thinking it was legit, so needless to say I think we're in trouble.

Bowyer rested a lot of starters in midweek against Wednesday so it should be a good solid squad selection at least.

Had a dream that Rovers lost today 3-1.  It was 0-0 at halftime but Liverpool scored from the tunnel when the teams were coming back out onto the pitch and the ref let it stand.  I woke up thinking it was legit, so needless to say I think we're in trouble.

Bowyer rested a lot of starters in midweek against Wednesday so it should be a good solid squad selection at least.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

He's been in a zone since the 2010 World Cup

Fixed it for you.

But I think the light has gone on the last few weeks with he and Messi, I agree.

That looked really bad for my boy Martin Skrtel.

****, I hope he's going to be okay.

As Martin Skrtel lays on the pitch... concussion at best... Rovers fans chant "If you've won the league 'stand up'".

All class...

Can't watch due to a slow computer, so it's been down to the gamecast on ESPN.    Hope Skrtel's alright, sounds bad.

My premonition is still on target so far...

It's on Fox Sports 1, do you have that?

Blackburn deserve a draw there.

Not sure any other ref wouldn't have given two or three or four penalties there... but we play with who is in front of us I guess.

Also not sure how Gestede was still on the pitch after the eighth foul and the second handball, but I ain't gonna ****.

That looked really bad for my boy Martin Skrtel.

****, I hope he's going to be okay.

As Martin Skrtel lays on the pitch... concussion at best... Rovers fans chant "If you've won the league 'stand up'".

All class...

To be met with 'Stand up, if you're IN the League'.....  ;)

Well that was our worst, most apathetic display for a LONG time. Started slow and ****e and got worse from there. Totally flat, waisted afternoon which now brings on fixture congestion nightmare with next Monday's Swansea game already gone to make way for the replay not clashing with the Champions League. (More stupid UEFA rules.). And if Utd and Arsenal draw, it will get stupidly chaotic as one of those games will go as their replay can't be a week tomorrow as that's an Arsenal Champions League week. 

Can't say any player other than maybe Mingolet came out of that with any credit. 

Frustrating, poor day. With now a week to receive and distribute 7 thousand or so tickets before next Monday. 

Oh joy. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

B_nA07uVEAAzTgc.png

Glad he's okay.  He's definitely my dude.  Love big Martin.

I honestly think that threw the teams performance off a bit for the rest of the game after seeing him go down.  HUGE sigh seeing that he's going to be fine, cause that looked really bad.  First thing I though was Niles Paul against the Giants cause his hands stayed up.  And then they zoomed in on him and his eyes were still open and he wasn't moving. 

Get well three seven. YNWA.

• Like 2

I had one of my ten year old players today got what HAS to be a concussion from a dirty play too. Opponent came in low and from behind and took his knees out which caused him to fall forward and his head bounced off the artificial turf (fake grass, rubber pellets on top of concret). Said he had the worst headache ever and a few minutes later was reporting his vision was distorted and felt like he was going to throw up. Obviously we held him out. Scary stuff. 

I don't think the play on Skrtel was dirty, some of the other **** that Gestede did was filfth... but alas.  Martin was just unlucky in how he landed, but I honestly didn't look at the play in the air too closely.  I was too busy making sure he didn't land on his head or neck.  Looked like his shoulder blades hit first and then his head.  Probably knocked him out and knocked the air out of him at the same time.

Hope your guy is alright though, bro.  That's awful young to be getting a head injury.

Edited by DC9

I had one of my ten year old players today got what HAS to be a concussion from a dirty play too. Opponent came in low and from behind and took his knees out which caused him to fall forward and his head bounced off the artificial turf (fake grass, rubber pellets on top of concret). Said he had the worst headache ever and a few minutes later was reporting his vision was distorted and felt like he was going to throw up. Obviously we held him out. Scary stuff. 

Please tell me you or his parents had him down the ER to be checked out?

Who do we start at the back the replay next Monday then?

Sakho, Toure and Can?

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Please tell me you or his parents had him down the ER to be checked out?

Who do we start at the back the replay next Monday then?

Sakho, Toure and Can?

Hail.

Sakho hopefully. The Reds where getting killed in the air. I think it will be a back three of Sakho, Skrtle and Can
  • Like 1