Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

He's already theirs, ManU and Arsenal can't touch him. He'll be officially transfered when he'll be 16. Now he's spending his vacation time in their training facility in Cobham and every trimester they send Hilario to supervise him.

Not sure how they have worked that! This is what Barcelona got dinged for with the transfer embargo - signing junior players when they should not have been was it not?

Not sure how they have worked that! This is what Barcelona got dinged for with the transfer embargo - signing junior players when they should not have been was it not?

Absolutely, I guess Chelski is smarter. They bribed the family for €1 million, and he is a Chelsea fan. He rejected offers from  ManU, City, Arsenal, PSG, Monaco, Toulouse, Rennes and Liverpool.

That doesn't mean he'll be great, Chelsea got a similar deal with Kakuta when he was 16, now he's 23 and plays in Spain (loan).

I believe that the rule violated had to do with the parents getting jobs "through" Barca? 

Chelski's approach is to buy up a lot of this talent at younger, cheaper prices thereby locking up their rights should they turn out to be the real thing. They're willing ot take the loss off of busts and have, essentially, right of first refusal. It's really pretty clever if you ask me. 

BREAKING NEWS

Swansea and Manchester City are in talks over a £30million deal for Wilfried Bony, according to Sky sources.

****ing City...apparently Yaya has a lot of pull. There was a story the other day saying he was trying to convince the board to sign Bony.

Edited by RawBBQSauce

Absolutely, I guess Chelski is smarter. They bribed the family for €1 million, and he is a Chelsea fan. He rejected offers from  ManU, City, Arsenal, PSG, Monaco, Toulouse, Rennes and Liverpool.

That doesn't mean he'll be great, Chelsea got a similar deal with Kakuta when he was 16, now he's 23 and plays in Spain (loan).

1 million Euros!! My two sons are also goalkeepers (the youngest as been with Man City U9s for a couple of months but it does not look like they are going to sign him and he is being invited for trials with other smaller local Football League clubs now). No one has offered me a million though, I'm going to have to tell them to pull their fingers out!!

What is the likelihood that this Chelsea going after Messi talk is for real?

I have no idea how they would be able to sign Messi at the likely price asked and stay on the same planet as the financial fair play rules. Maybe if they did a package deal which involved say someone like Hazard going to the other way but that would then break the embargo that Barcelona have I would think?

I'd love to see Messi on the Premier League but I think its a pipe dream personally.

• Like 1

I believe that the rule violated had to do with the parents getting jobs "through" Barca? 

Chelski's approach is to buy up a lot of this talent at younger, cheaper prices thereby locking up their rights should they turn out to be the real thing. They're willing ot take the loss off of busts and have, essentially, right of first refusal. It's really pretty clever if you ask me. 

It would make a lot of sense if they would actually play some of these young players coming through their Academies. Clubs like Chelsea and City have a lot of young talent coming through with no real prospect of breaking into the first team. I have watched the U18s train at Man City - really really impressive but I just don't see any sign of any of them getting a sniff of the first team squad let alone the starting 11.

We could've had Bony in August for $20 mil... but we saved a couple and went with Balo.

Shaqiri is allegedly almost done, though.  So if we get him and Berahino I'll be fine.

And now Winston Ried has popped up as a name, but I'd be shocked if Allardyce moved him with how well they've played this season.

It would make a lot of sense if they would actually play some of these young players coming through their Academies. Clubs like Chelsea and City have a lot of young talent coming through with no real prospect of breaking into the first team. I have watched the U18s train at Man City - really really impressive but I just don't see any sign of any of them getting a sniff of the first team squad let alone the starting 11.

Good point, but they could also sell them at a profit to other club if they are not going to make it at Chelsea?

They'll probably get the deal done soon, too, so that they get him locked up before he ventures off for the African Cup of Nations.

Looks like it will only be a matter of time before Arsenal agree to a deal for 17-year-old Polish DM Krystian Bielik as well:

His club rejected an opening £1.6 million and they're supposedly holding out for a £2.3 million bid.

If Rickey Lambert can't have an effect on AFC Wimbledon - I'm through.

Not that I wasn't before... but this guy has got to go. He missed a ****ing penalty shot in Charlotte and now he can't even get in against a League 2 side... lol

Honest to God conversation last night:

Me: (Around 20 mins in) Has Lambert touched the ball yet?

Lad behind: Lambert? You pissed lad? Lambert a not even playing!

Me: (Pointing to the big useless lump masquerading as a football player) Them who's that in the # 9 shirt dickhead?

Lad : **** off. Sorry mate. Swear blind I never thought he was playing!

THAT'S how ****e he was. Some fans never even knew he was on the ****ing pitch! Yet Mario, who incidentally did more without doing much at all in 10 mins than Lambert did all game; only warrants 10 minites at the end. SMFH.

Talking about useless forwards ...... My pasty white Scouse ass that clown up front for Wimbledon is 16 stone. His arse might be 16 stone but he's more like 26! That said, the fatest player in the World ever reacted first and scored. Which tells you ALL you need to know about our back line and clown in nets.

HUGHLEY embarrassing 'performance' which we won't dwell on. At least we made it through with what should be an easy game at home next round. Never seen as many '88 Cup final shirts in my life. It was like walking back in time. But then that is all Wimbledon have ever had. (LMAO @ the irony from them too of 'We support our local team' ..... With banners of the like of 'Kent Wombles' and 'Dorset Dons' among them. Muppets.).

Oh, and a brilliant touch from Markovic. Some lad, obviously Sebian, was chanting to him all game and when he got subbed he went to him an spoke in their language and gave him his shirt.

The romance of the Cup.

Oh yeah, almost forgot .....

RODGERS OUT!

Hail.

• Like 1

We could've had Bony in August for $20 mil... but we saved a couple and went with Balo.

Shaqiri is allegedly almost done, though. So if we get him and Berahino I'll be fine.

And now Winston Ried has popped up as a name, but I'd be shocked if Allardyce moved him with how well they've played this season.

If we sign those this window my season ticket is yours kidda'.

Bostons not backing him like that.

Hail.

Talking about useless forwards ...... My pasty white Scouse ass that clown up front for Wimbledon is 16 stone. His arse might be 16 stone but he's more like 26! That said, the fatest player in the World ever reacted first and scored. Which tells you ALL you need to know about our back line and clown in nets.

I posted this pic of him on twitter... he's AT LEAST 250 - I'm thinking 270-ish...

article-2553558-1B42EE0E00000578-80_634x

If we sign those this window my season ticket is yours kidda'.

Bostons not backing him like that.

Hail.

Now allegedly Inter will take Shaqiri on loan which "we're glad to see" and we'll go get him in the summer. 

I believe Boston will buy Berahino but I also believe that Henry wants him to get something for Borini first to offset the inflated January price.

Messi's IG handler is trolling

Either that or it's a power play...like what NFL and CFB coaches do..."I'm going to 'x' team if you don't let me bring in 'this' coach or pay me 'x"

The word is that there is conflict between Messi and Enrique. This all smells like Messi throwing his weight around to stake out his position at Barca.

Yesterday longtime Director of Football, Zubi, was sacked at Barca. Puyol was his deputy and turned in his resignation too. I think there are front office power struggles between old guard (Pep, his backers, and his players) and the new guard—who want their stamp on any success going forward. 

You're prob. right since Messi is the last one who can really throw his weight around there. Xavi and Iniesta are in the downhill portion of their careers.