Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

why do people think Madrid will sell Benzema? All he does is score and they have won the champions league with him leading the line. On top of that, he is a Perez buy and a big time Perez guy. Benzema is not going anywhere. Especially not in no damn January window lol.

This has been put out in some form for the last 18 months, and it makes no sense to me. Madrid doesnt have a Benzema replacement and on top of that, there arent that many top strikers that are better than Benzema available. (Why? because there really arent that many out there)

I am really tired of seeing "Benzema to..."

and that wasnt aimed at you FrFran, but to the rags who keep reporting this crap.

As you noticed it's rumor and this has to be taken accordingly. On the other hand I guess if a club is dumb or desperate enough to throw this insane amount of money for him, Real might trade him. I would, but I'm not Perez, and I don't follow Real that much so I don't know if Chicharito would be able to take over.

More likely like you suggested, a trade for Aguerro like the Di Maria - Rodriguez one. He his a Perez guy, but everytime he doesn't perform the fans are very quick to boo him like no other Real player. Maybe this is one reason why every season there are rumors that Real will trade him, again like no other player. He has not been able to establish himself as a cornerstone of this team in offense, people tend to see him as expendable.

Edited by FrFan

As you noticed it's rumor and this has to be taken accordingly. On the other hand I guess if a club is dumb or desperate enough to throw this insane amount of money for him, Real might trade him. I would, but I'm not Perez, and I don't follow Real that much so I don't know if Chicharito would be able to take over.

More likely like you suggested, a trade for Aguerro like the Di Maria - Rodriguez one. He his a Perez guy, but everytime he doesn't perform the fans are very quick to boo him like no other Real player. Maybe this is one reason why every season there are rumors that Real will trade him, again like no other player. He has not been able to establish himself as a cornerstone of this team in offense, people tend to see him as expendable.

Chicarito will be going back to United in May. He is a bum.

Benzema is not going anywhere. He is a £70 million player based on the terrible state of strikers in 2014.

And I disagree, he is def a cornerstone at Madrid. The Madrid fans are fickle idiots, but Benzema's ability to play out wide allows for C. and co to get into central scoring positions. There are not many strikers that can play with C. and still score goals in the world. Only the likes of Suarez and Aguero and Benzema.

In 258 games for Madrid, dude has 125 goals. Thats a pre-Messi/pre-C. spellbounding rate of goals.

In 258 games for Madrid, dude has 125 goals. Thats a pre-Messi/pre-C. spellbounding rate of goals.

You've got to put these numbers into perspective, how many times did he score vs top teams when needed ?

Last year's champions league

2 games vs Juventus, no goals

2 games vs Dortmund no goals

2 games vs Bayern 1 goal

Final vs Athletico won 4-1 no goals

When playing for France: He holds the record : 11 games  without a goal !

When he scores it's vs weak teams such as Australia (no offense to our friends from down under). Without Real's supporting cast he's nothing, that's what will always separate him from the true good players who can make something happen all by themselves.

Edited by FrFan

You've got to put these numbers into perspective, how many times did he score vs top teams when needed ?

2 games vs Bayern 1 goal

I said dude was overrated, so you are preaching to the choir.

Still, 125/258 games is an insane rate of goals.

2 games vs Bayern 1 goal

When playing for France: He holds the record : 11 games without a goal !

When he scores it's vs weak teams such as Australia (no offense to our friends from down under). Without Real's supporting cast he's nothing, that's what will always separate him from the true good players who can make something happen all by themselves.

He scored in Europe against Liverpool.

Ahhhhh, Never mind.

Hail.

Here's another one (gossip):

"Liverpool are prepared to make a £50m bid for Real Madrid's French forward Karim Benzema, 26, in the January transfer window." WTH ?!!!!

LOL he's 27 not 26.

You really need to keep reading the UK rags for transfer 'news'.  EVERY decent player has been or is currently being linked with an EPL side.  Seems every player (and most coaches) are immenently coming to the EPL.

Not a chance RM sells Benzema.  RM are a buying team, not a selling team.

Pool need to hope they can get some new nets and a couple match balls for that complete flop Balotelli.

You really need to keep reading the UK rags for transfer 'news'.  EVERY decent player has been or is currently being linked with an EPL side.  Seems every player (and most coaches) are immenently coming to the EPL.

Not a chance RM sells Benzema.  RM are a buying team, not a selling team.

Pool need to hope they can get some new nets and a couple match balls for that complete flop Balotelli.

They buy and sell like others, see my reference to Di Maria - Rodriguez trades. Give them Aguerro and we'll see if they won't dump KB. If I remember correctly Real tried to trade for Suarez and KB was a part of the deal. As far as I know, he is the only starter  who is year in year out on the trade rumors. Last but not least Mario is hopeless, he'll never learn and will keep on ruining his talent.

Redskins win

Capitals DESTROY New Jersey with a vintage Ovechkin goal

Today we're going to find out who gets the proverbial "clean sweep" amongst the LFC and Arsenal fans

NO striker.

NO wingbacks. (Henderson completely and utterly null and void wide. Genius.).

NO Can.

Hand it to the Arsenal fans now.

Rodgers Out!

Hail.

If we have a fit Debuchy abd a fit Chambers, I can't, for the life of me, understand why Wenger would play Debuchy at CB and Chambers on the flank. Especially against a side with the pace of Liverpool. It's absolutely idiotic. I don't know how the Hell he could justify that decision at all.