Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Could Saints be a trade partner?

FunBunch7

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AlBiDusaSt8PYlv2dAOVZyhDubYF?slug=nfp-20100813_saints_trolling_for_a_veteran_running_back

It says that the Saints are "Looking" for a RB. We seem to have alot of depth at the position. We obviously need ALOT of help at WR and the Saints seem to have quite a few although outside of Colston none are spectacular. Lance Moore, Robert Meachum and Devery Henderson are a few that would definitely upgrade us, although I believe Meachum and Devery have each had surgery.

Thoughts?

Did they sign Betts? I heard that they brought him in.

I really don't think we have enough depth to trade any of the RB's that people would want. I think we need Portis and Johnson...Portis is a concussion away from being out a while, if not for good. Parker and Torain will not get us much...and I feel that Torain's upside is worth more then what we could get for him.

Larry Johnson could reprise the role that Deuce McCalister held a couple of years ago for the Saints.

But at 30 what would the Redskins receive back, at best a #6 or #7 pick?

That's of no use to us.

I agree. Even if we did trade them LJ or Parker, I don't see us getting much back. Plus its not like the Saints NEED another RB, they still have Thomas and Bush. So they could wait til after some cuts are made. Plus Brian Westbrook is still out there.

Doubtful at best I don't think we have anything to offer....however I wonder if Westbrooke gets a call from them now

I don't see Westbrook or Betts as an option for the Saints. The Saints want, don't really need, a goal line back, for some reason Payton doesn't like Pierre Thomas as a goal line back. Betts is the opposite of a goal line back, and Westbrook is a receiving back, and both Bush and Thomas are very solid receiving backs.

The only back from our team that makes sense is LJ, but I don't see the Saints trading any of their receivers for LJ. I don't see a 2nd Skins/Saints trade this year.

Old has beens on a roster doesn't mean you have depth

I wouldn't call some of our guys old has beens though. Johnson is someone who was in a bad situation in KC and never had anyone to really guide him, I think with a good veteran presence now he'll be an effective player. Look at his stats once he joined Cincy he did well as the #2 guy. Parker yes I will agree with you on but I don't think we can just say we have old has beens. Maybe you could say that for the DL in some respects but OL is pretty young now, WR is the one you could say is the biggest example of it.

I HIGHLY doubt that team is going to get rid of a receiver for one of our backup running backs. Especially since most of them havent shown any productivity in quite some time. If they want an old RB who has had injury problems they could sign Westbrook instead of trading for one of ours. Since hes a pass catching back I imagine he would fit their system better anyways.

Archived