Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2010 AAA Ultimate Fan Zone (TGC) Thread

MarkB452

Mark-

Thanks for keeping this thread up to date.

Here's a few more observations and clarifications:

I believe the $101 AAA renewal notice Mark mentioned is for the AAA Auto Club (road service, maps, etc). It is not the new price of the AAA Tailgate Club. The Redskins haven't announced the 2011 Tailgate Club price yet. It was $62.50 a pass in 2010.

The food at the Giants game was very good. It included Ribs, Beef Brisket, Pork Brisket and Cherry cobbler. The menu in the OP mentions chicken and bread pudding, but neither was available.

Hot dogs and burgers should be on the menu each game, especially for the children.

At the AAA tent, the prizes were better at the spinning wheel if you showed them your AAA (auto service) membership card. I won a signed Chris Horton jersey there, and the person in front of me won a signed Orakpo jersey. I saw another member win a signed Cooley jersey.

Mark-

Thanks for keeping this thread up to date.

Here's a few more observations and clarifications:

I believe the $101 AAA renewal notice Mark mentioned is for the AAA Auto Club (road service, maps, etc). It is not the new price of the AAA Tailgate Club. The Redskins haven't announced the 2011 Tailgate Club price yet. It was $62.50 a pass in 2010.

The food at the Giants game was very good. It included Ribs, Beef Brisket, Pork Brisket and Cherry cobbler. The menu in the OP mentions chicken and bread pudding, but neither was available.

Hot dogs and burgers should be on the menu each game, especially for the children.

At the AAA tent, the prizes were better at the spinning wheel if you showed them your AAA (auto service) membership card. I won a signed Chris Horton jersey there, and the person in front of me won a signed Orakpo jersey. I saw another member win a signed Cooley jersey.

Really? I showed my AAA card at both games I went to and still only got a keychain and a magnet

I was told there was a grand prize drawing there they would send you a prize if you won, FWIW

FWIW, the following is a reply from the Redskins. Nothing new, but awesome to see them replying to emails

Mr. XXXXX,

How are you? I received your email regarding your experience in the AAA Fan Zone for Giants game. I am glad that you enjoyed yourself and our gift of the Redskins Beanie. I do want to address your concern with the menu and the cartoon artist.

Our menu rotates on a game by game schedule. We did have hot dogs for various games. We unfortunately did not have them for the Giants game. I am sorry the hot dog menu missed you… If you ever want to inquire about the game day menu, you can always email me in advance and I can inform you of the AAA UFZ menu on game by game basis.

In regard to the Cartoon Artist, we had to close the line approximately (1) hour prior to kick-off to allow for everyone waiting to have their picture drawn. If we did not close the line and allowed people to continue to join, there would be a considerable number of people who would have waited but would have not had the opportunity to have their picture drawn. I hope you understand.

Please let me know of you have further questions or concerns.

Have great evening!

The signed jersey giveaway was only at the Giants game. You had to stop on the "T-shirt" section of the spinning wheel, and if you had your AAA card, they gave you a jersey instead of the "T-shirt". They had just one box of jerseys to give away.

WOW, that is sweet. Were the jerseys replicas or authentics or game worn?

BTW, $101 is the price to renew my AAA roadside membership. Having the AAA card gets you a 15% discount at the Redskins stores, a spin on the prize wheel at the AAA UFZ, and the opportunity to buy AAA UFZ from the ticket office for $37.50 per bracelet per game (a little higher than the going rate on the open market)...along with all the other AAA stuff.

• 6 months later...
Okay - $100 to re-up with AAA, not to buy passes. Check.

They had pork ribs at the Giant game. Check. Hear that Mark B? Better update! Good. That makes 5x in 2010 rather than four.

I agree... kid friendly food should be available.

I'm confused, whats not kid friendly about BBQ ribs??

• 5 weeks later...
so hang on...can someone explain this to me.

I have tickets to the 49ers game. I DO belong to AAA. Does that mean I can just mosey up to the Ticket office and buy passes on game day? Or do I havre to buy them off someone who already has them?

Any info would be appreciated!

Hrm, I thought it was a pay to play, ticketed seat deal that AAA sponsored, but now I'm confused too.

Earlier in the thread:

Updated OP for Bucs (post game). Also, I went by the TO and AAA members CAN buy the passes day of game for $37.50 (little pricey in my book, but an option for someone who really wants to go). I ran into someone who had scored 4 free tix through the Redskins Kids Club and bought some AAA UFZ passes. BTW, the free tix were for section 437 (not sure of the row).

So there's at least a premium fee to get in and eat.

LAST YEAR, if you were a AAA member, you could buy wrist band passes to the AAA Ulitmate Fan Zone at a discounted price vs. what non-AAA people could buy them for. You could buy these at the window from the ticket office before the game. Passes are available on the open market for less than the AAA member rate, so I am not sure how "great" a deal that is. However, if you really want to go and don't want to deal with Ebay, Hustlers outside the stadium, or the ES board, that's probably the best way to get them for less,

I have NO IDEA if this is continuing in 2011, but I would guess so. I would also like someone else to take over the thread for 2011 as I am not buying the passes like I did in 2009 and 2010. My brothers, nephews, and I have decided that the food/company at the ES Tailgate is better and a better deal for our (very hard earned) money than the AAA tailgate. (which means Snyder's goons will be over at the Giants game to arrest Pez & Huly......oops!....sorry about that!!).

PM if you would like to run the thread and I will give you the name/email of the person with the Redskins who was giving me info last year OR you can go to the contact the redskins page on the Skins website and ask what the food will be/who the alumni player(s) will be.

---------- Post added September-5th-2011 at 09:09 PM ----------

so hang on...can someone explain this to me.

I have tickets to the 49ers game. I DO belong to AAA. Does that mean I can just mosey up to the Ticket office and buy passes on game day? Or do I havre to buy them off someone who already has them?

Any info would be appreciated!

Will need to have someone check on this (see my post), but you might be able to score them for less off the ES Classified Board. Just post an ad saying you are looking for AAA passes to the 49ers game (and maybe what you are willing to spend - personally, I would not pay more than $30 each, but that's just me).

---------- Post added September-5th-2011 at 09:14 PM ----------

I'm confused, whats not kid friendly about BBQ ribs??

>> Kids are picky eaters. IMHO, Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, and/or Mac and Cheese really should be available every week.

After the Giants game on Sunday, if someone finds out whether you can purchase these from the Ticket Office this yr like last yr, can you post it here? I would be much appreciated as I am still trying to find 2 passes to the 49ers game in Nov. Actually had someone email me from craigslist and offer me a pair for $400 (that's more than the pair of LL tickets + parking I bought cost!)....had to laugh at that one.

After the Giants game on Sunday, if someone finds out whether you can purchase these from the Ticket Office this yr like last yr, can you post it here? I would be much appreciated as I am still trying to find 2 passes to the 49ers game in Nov. Actually had someone email me from craigslist and offer me a pair for $400 (that's more than the pair of LL tickets + parking I bought cost!)....had to laugh at that one.

I called the ticket office Friday and they confirmed they can be purchused at the window. Also, dont forget to show your AAA card (auto membership) for a discount on the tickets.

• 11 months later...
Bump....anyone in the know of what players or activities will be in the zone for the Tampa Preseason game on this Wed?

>> My advice would be to go to this link and ask. This is what I did in 2009 and 2010 and someone responded pretty quickly. Once I got their name and contact info, I would check with them evey week and post here. The reason they DON'T post this info in advance is the players and/or menu could change and people would get mad. I believe the activities are pretty much the same every week. If you aren't sure on the player(s), bring a minihelmet (and a SILVER sharpie) or a football. A couple of years ago, Ricky Sanders signed a pic of him catching a pass from Reagan in the White House garden. That is a cool pic.

http://www.redskins.com/footer/contact-us.html

Archived