Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2010 AAA Ultimate Fan Zone (TGC) Thread

MarkB452

Thanks for the info. Sounds like the menu for the Cowboys game is similar to the menu for the Bills game.

As you mentioned, for the Ravens game, they added Dave's Sloppy Q Sammiches (basically Sloppy Joes) and Mac N Cheese. Definitely food kids will eat! My kids ate the chicken sandwiches, too.

It would still be helpful if they had burgers and dogs.

I won't be at the AAA UFZ for the Texans game. One of my brothers will be there and I'll get more info from him.

BTW, for those folks who have asked for more kid friendly/familiar food, I have forwarded your suggestion to the Redskins and received this reply:

"Thank you for the words of advice. We take everything in to consideration and actually have already put a request in for this. I’ll see what can be done "

The ticket office called me today to just give me 2 tickets to the Packers game, parking and Fanzone passes. I came up on the waiting list in 2008 for the 2009 season. I paid the 200.00 deposit, but didn't ultimately buy the season tickets due to my subsequent unemployment. I still have an account there due to the 200.00 deposit, and they have been trying to get me to buy season tickets for this year. Even just last week they called to offer me a 6 game package if I would reconsider. I didn't take them up on that. Today they called to offer me the above mentioned Packer game tickets, etc. in exchange for taking my 200.00, which they weren't giving back anyway, off the books and closing my account.

Pretty sweet if you ask me.

When I went to the Cowboys game the beers were half price I think (I can not remember for sure, but I think it was $3 or $4 in the TGC area)

I did not purchase any liquor so I can not help you there, sorry.

just what i wanted to hear... that alone will pay for the passes hahaha

I was at the "fanzone" tailgate club for the Texans game. Prior to the game the domestic beers were $4 each. The rail ****tails were $8 I believe...not sure. At halftime we went in and the beer was $8 and I think the rail ****tails were $10.

I am not impressed with Famous Dave's. Sure the quality is there but the variety is not. They only had brisket and chicken breasts for meat. Last year there was at least four different meats that varied each week.

I was at the "fanzone" tailgate club for the Texans game. Prior to the game the domestic beers were $4 each. The rail ****tails were $8 I believe...not sure. At halftime we went in and the beer was $8 and I think the rail ****tails were $10.

I am not impressed with Famous Dave's. Sure the quality is there but the variety is not. They only had brisket and chicken breasts for meat. Last year there was at least four different meats that varied each week.

Thanks for the info... I usually go with my friends and we tailgate in the lot but I'm taking my girlfriend to the colts game and thought she would like doing the fanzone, plus it's less work for me. That's cool about the $4 beers before the game, but kind of crappy they raise the prices up at halftime to the same price they sell beer throughout the stadium when you're paying $60 for the pass. Would you sat it was worth it? Talking about the experience and the entertainment, not the beer haha

Calling SonnyandSam.

Tickets are suddenly available :)

I don't understand why you and RFK think this is a big deal. The guy did not just get FREE tickets. He paid $200 in deposit money for the tickets. Could they just be from visiting team and media returns? We all know there are a small number of tickets available before every home game. Ticket office is probably trying to clean out old accounts with deposits. Seems like the right business thing to do. They might even hope the guy enjoys the game so much he comes back asking for season tickets. Based on my call last week, they told me they had a small number of seats scattered around the stadium to sell. Would be nice to know what section and row the guy got.

...Would be nice to know what section and row the guy got.
I was wondering that myself...

BTW, I was at the St. Louis stadium last Sunday. I was kind of surprised at the beer prices. $8 for a beer, and they had to be 12 oz beers. I didn't buy one, but they sure looked small to me. And cokes were $6.25 for a large cup of coke. Aren't they $5 at FedExField?

I still have an account there due to the 200.00 deposit, and they have been trying to get me to buy season tickets for this year. Even just last week they called to offer me a 6 game package if I would reconsider. I didn't take them up on that

>> Based on this statement, I would think that these are more than just visitng team/media returns. Otherwise, how could they offer him tix for ALL of the remaining home games??

I don't understand why you and RFK think this is a big deal.

Because we were told that demand for STs was "overwhelming" this year. Now they're giving away tickets for free, to a premium opponent none the less. The lows keep getting lower.

That being said, reading the ST nightmares on other NFL boards should make any Redskins fan feel better. Eagles fans are angry bc the market value of their SBLs (PSLs) have now sunk below what they cost when the Linc opened in 2003. Philthy fans were sold on the notion that the SBL was an equity building investment for which original costs could be recouped at any time. Suckers!

Because we were told that demand for STs was "overwhelming" this year. Now they're giving away tickets for free, to a premium opponent none the less. The lows keep getting lower.

But he did not get them free. He paid for the tickets with his deposit money. There was nothing free about those tickets.

I still have an account there due to the 200.00 deposit, and they have been trying to get me to buy season tickets for this year. Even just last week they called to offer me a 6 game package if I would reconsider. I didn't take them up on that

>> Based on this statement, I would think that these are more than just visitng team/media returns. Otherwise, how could they offer him tix for ALL of the remaining home games??

The TO could be expecting that not all of the remaining allocations for the remaining games are going to be sold out. So they are selling a few season tickets. The fact that some of these locations are lower level which make them very attractive to most Redskins fans suggest otherwise. If all they were offering were upper level corners/end zone, I might agree. I just highly doubt lower level seats would not have been attractive to upper level STHs or wait list members.

Archived