Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2010 AAA Ultimate Fan Zone (TGC) Thread

MarkB452

Do you know who the alumni player will be this week?

>>It's in the OP, but I put it below the menu:

Alumni player will be Rich Milot:

Richard Paul Milot played his entire nine year career with the Washington Redskins from 1979 to 1987. He played college football at Penn State University and was drafted in the seventh round of the 1979 NFL Draft.

WTH are you guys talking about? From reading the thread I take it's some sort of food/party that happens pre game, but there's no actual info about how or where it happens or how to get in??:paranoid:

More info here:

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/TailGate_Club_2260.jsp

Since players schedules may change and the menu may change, the team does not announce the alunmi player or the menu in advance. I've been contacting the TO and getting "unofficial" info and posting it here.

Passes for individual games can be bought from the Redskins, but IMHO, you are MUCH better off buying them on the secondary market. Check the classifieds on this site, ebay, craigslist, etc. A reasonable price is $35 or less per person.

Many people buy these as season passes in order to bypass the wait list and move to the lower level. Some people consider this the cost of getting Lower Level tickets and sell their passes to recoup some of the cost.

BTW, you must have a game ticket and a AAA Ultimate Fan Zone wristband to get in.

Yea I wasnt impressed with the food at all, at least I didnt spend a ton of $ on TG Club passes for the Packers game...they had rice pudding for dessert , or something like that heh *barf*

Oh well I had 3 BBQ sandwiches, and at least the mac n cheese was descent lol Still was a lot cheaper than buying food inside the stadium, only paid $50 for two wristbands, we could have easily spent more than that inside....then at halftime we went in and got free water and soda

Sorry you felt that way, their Bread Pudding is phenominal and award winning. Hundred bucks says you love it. Their Macaroni and cheese has 4 diff. cheeses, corn, and jalapenos. Freaking Amazing. Sorry you were dissapointed, hope you do give it another chance

Sorry you felt that way, their Bread Pudding is phenominal and award winning. Hundred bucks says you love it. Their Macaroni and cheese has 4 diff. cheeses, corn, and jalapenos. Freaking Amazing. Sorry you were dissapointed, hope you do give it another chance

Wow you must be a Redskins employee.

I have been to the tailgate club many times, to call anything award winning or amazing is dishonest.

Some stuff was good, bit come on :ols:

Wow you must be a Redskins employee.

I have been to the tailgate club many times, to call anything award winning or amazing is dishonest.

Some stuff was good, bit come on :ols:

Me a redskin employee?, maybe last night in my dreams. I work at daves in Annapolis, and to be honest the bread pudding recipe is award winning from several different contests. Along with mostly everything else on their menu is award winning. Awards come from all over annually, by newspapers and magazines. I used to cater the redskin games, but its not enough money for me to miss out on my fav. hobby. My honest opinion is that the foold tastes way better in the restaurant. To ensure the food is kept hot, they use sternos, which sometimes can drown the taste out. However if the food is anything less than great it should be removed immediatly and replaced. Everyones entitled to their opnion but I gotta defend my company...

Me a redskin employee?, maybe last night in my dreams. I work at daves in Annapolis, and to be honest the bread pudding recipe is award winning from several different contests. Along with mostly everything else on their menu is award winning. Awards come from all over annually, by newspapers and magazines. I used to cater the redskin games, but its not enough money for me to miss out on my fav. hobby. My honest opinion is that the foold tastes way better in the restaurant. To ensure the food is kept hot, they use sternos, which sometimes can drown the taste out. However if the food is anything less than great it should be removed immediatly and replaced. Everyones entitled to their opnion but I gotta defend my company...

That's just it, it doesn't TASTE like it is prepared the same way at the stadium compared to in the restaurant..that's a big deal to a lot of folks, me included, that's all. But Famous Daves is what it is, it's not Ruth's Chris or anything, don't make it out to be LOL But it is my fav BBQ chain food, in house

• 2 weeks later...

Bucs menu up...awaiting player info. Will update for Vikings player. Does know the gift items for the Iggles and Vikings games?

---------- Post added December-6th-2010 at 05:12 PM ----------

>> Are Ribs really that expensive that we can't have them EVERY week or almost every week? I've looked at the Famous Dave's catering prices on line as well as a competitor and it's a little bump up in price per person. The Skins are charging people $60 for this event and I consider ribs to be a "premium" item that should be served at this price point. .....my 2 cents....

http://www.famousdaves.com/resources/files/locations/store2050.pdf

Doesn't Famous Dave look a LOT like George Starke..... :)

Updated OP for Bucs (post game). Also, I went by the TO and AAA members CAN buy the passes day of game for $37.50 (little pricey in my book, but an option for someone who really wants to go). I ran into someone who had scored 4 free tix through the Redskins Kids Club and bought some AAA UFZ passes. BTW, the free tix were for section 437 (not sure of the row).

• 3 weeks later...

Updated for Giants game (4:15 start in case you have not heard).

Parking lots will open at 12 noon and gates will open at

2 p.m. Both the Bud Light Pavillion and AAA Ultimate Fan Zone will open at 1 p.m. and feature the NFL Redzone channel, showcasing all of the big plays and scores from the early NFL games, on the big screen TVs.

• 2 weeks later...

I did not get any autographs, but I LOVED the TGC for the Giants game. Bonus points for the cool gift.

2 things I disliked:

1. I was surprised to see no hot dogs or hamburgers. For whatever reason I kept thinking of how great a hot dog would be on the drive to the game, and was a bit dissapointed none were available

2. Why do we only have one cartoon artist guy? Twice I have gone with young ladies who wanted to get a picture done, The guy does a great job, but the stand was shut down like 2 hours before kickoff. Would love to see them add another artist...or two.

LASTLY, the food was freaking AMAZING (besides the lack of hot dogs)

Thanks for the updates. I have never tried the cartoon guy as the line is always way too long (which reinforces your point). BTW, they were not scheduled to have hot dogs for the Giants game.

Looking over my OP, they had Hot dogs 3 times during the 2010 season and Ribs 5 times (4 if you don't count the week they had Rib Sammiches).

All in all, the food and service was a definite improvement in 2010 over 2009.

There were only 2 times that the gifts were any good and that was the first game (Bills - 2010 yearbook - $10 value) and the last game (Giants - Wool Cap - $12(?) value)...neither is as good at the Redskins hand warmer/muff they gave out at the Dalas game in 2009

The biggest name at the AAA UFZ had to be Ricky Sanders. In 2009, they had two players at the TGC/AAA UFZ and in 2010, it was only one.

Anyways, things to keep in mind for 2011.

BTW, I just got my renewal notice for AAA and it is now $101 for 1 year. It used to be like $70(?)........I guess this affiliation with the Redskins is starting to rub off on them. The next thing you know, they'll be hiring Haynesworth and McNabb to drive their trucks.

MTH - I think there is a lot of good info here that should be archived somewhere. I'll leave that up to you.

Mark,

This thread is great. Thank you for updating it!

I did not think to check the menu. I would think it would make sense to do hot dogs every game, but I also love hot dogs so I am biased.

I agree, some great stuff here.

I remember the two years were in the TGC the collest thing they gave out was ear warmers and maybe gloves.

FWIW, I also liked the new AAA tent with the spinning thing, but they have got to find less cheezy prizes.

I just gt my gf AAA as a gift. Got it discounted because I am a college student, but really hope the prices do not go up.

OH, and I :ols: our loud for like 2 minutes thinking of Fat Albert driving a AAA truck. Thanks for the visual in my head ;)

Thanks for the updates. I have never tried the cartoon guy as the line is always way too long (which reinforces your point). BTW, they were not scheduled to have hot dogs for the Giants game.

Looking over my OP, they had Hot dogs 3 times during the 2010 season and Ribs 5 times (4 if you don't count the week they had Rib Sammiches).

All in all, the food and service was a definite improvement in 2010 over 2009.

There were only 2 times that the gifts were any good and that was the first game (Bills - 2010 yearbook - $10 value) and the last game (Giants - Wool Cap - $12(?) value)...neither is as good at the Redskins hand warmer/muff they gave out at the Dalas game in 2009

The biggest name at the AAA UFZ had to be Ricky Sanders. In 2009, they had two players at the TGC/AAA UFZ and in 2010, it was only one.

Anyways, things to keep in mind for 2011.

BTW, I just got my renewal notice for AAA and it is now $101 for 1 year. It used to be like $70(?)........I guess this affiliation with the Redskins is starting to rub off on them. The next thing you know, they'll be hiring Haynesworth and McNabb to drive their trucks.

MTH - I think there is a lot of good info here that should be archived somewhere. I'll leave that up to you.

Yeah, they should put a second or third cartoon dude in there.

$100??? Wait a min... you're telling me they want $1000 for one season's worth of passes? Are you kidding? When we know you can buy them on game day for $37.50 each? There must be some mistake.

Re this thread... yeah there's a lot of good info. I already have this linked in the FEDEXFIELD thread. I linked it a long time ago, bro. It's right there. You're saying it should be in the info thread too? We could do that...

Archived