Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Homer: redskins power rankings: week 2

themurf

Nope. Try again.

This article, as clearly stated, is my Redskins power rankings for Week 2. It's my take on the last seven days. If he had a bad week to start the camp or didn't look good during training camp in 2004 it doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is what he did Week 2.

I'll refrain from sharing my personal opinions on anyone writing any of the articles you referenced. Instead, I'll simply suggest you take it all with a grain of salt and believe who you want to.

For what it's worth though, I'm not the only one who thinks Hicks hasn't been stellar this week.

OK so you ranked a guy number one then proceeded to tell us that he is known as a poor practice player so we shouldnt read much into his poor performance THUS FAR (seeing as we havent actually played a game yet). seriously Murf, you are slipping. IM not the one who should try again.

Carlos better have a darn good year...He will get tested a heck of a lot more than Mr Hall on the other side of the field.

I'm excited to see how Haslett uses our CB's this year--I'm sure he'll play to their strengths and put them in better positions to make plays than Ol Blache did last year. Hopefully, Carlos will be jamming and pressing the #1 (which won't be as risky a move with a rangey FS--Kareem--covering him) and Hall will be allowed to look for picks off the #2. And we should see a lot more blitzes from the CB's and SS!

People may have long forgotten, but there was a time a few years ago when people were beginning to call Carlos a very solid, not-quite-elite CB. Good camp reports could mean a return to form...

OK so you ranked a guy number one then proceeded to tell us that he is known as a poor practice player so we shouldnt read much into his poor performance THUS FAR (seeing as we havent actually played a game yet). seriously Murf, you are slipping. IM not the one who should try again.

I'll type this slowly so you can keep up:

Dude didn't look good Week 1. He did Week 2. The end.

Ryman, what's the point of attacking someone's personal ranking of players? It seems like a very small point to argue instead of opening a dialogue on any of the topics actually discussed. It almost seems like you'd prefer to just argue semantics rather than ask Murf what he's seen out of McNabb...

So tempting to post the "haters gonna hate" pic with the eagle....

Damnit Murf . I really enjoy these power rankings . I am really thinking I have been a dumbass with the critisim of previous works .

One thing I wanted to ask . Hand on heart IF we keep 6 WR will we still be retaining Thomas and Kelly? I know Kelly has been sidlined all of camp but is Thomas really that bad ? How much is the good showing by Galloway him really trying or is it him really trying to be on a roster and doing all the right things in camp ?

It's a shame some 'fans' can't read Murf's articles and comprehend them.

This is some quality stuff.

That Galloway even shines with the other WRs tells me how AWFUL Vinny's picks were. Dear god help us. :doh:

Oh, and with a name like Selvish Capers, I hope the guy makes it to the Ring of Fame!

:rotflmao:

I'm excited to see how Haslett uses our CB's this year--I'm sure he'll play to their strengths and put them in better positions to make plays than Ol Blache did last year. Hopefully, Carlos will be jamming and pressing the #1 (which won't be as risky a move with a rangey FS--Kareem--covering him) and Hall will be allowed to look for picks off the #2. And we should see a lot more blitzes from the CB's and SS!

People may have long forgotten, but there was a time a few years ago when people were beginning to call Carlos a very solid, not-quite-elite CB. Good camp reports could mean a return to form...

Actually from what I understand about our type of 3-4 defense, the CBs are going to play more zone than press or man to man. With the added pressure and the offense not knowing where the free man will come from, it will force the QB to throw the ball where he doesn't want to go with it, preferably in the zones where the players are.

He didn't say anything about cigarettes....:paranoid:

Oops. Forgot about that. I've got a military background and the term 'smoking and joking' is an expression that means he spent too much time goofing off with his buddies. I, in no way, am suggesting Rogers played poorly because of a Marlboro problem.

Honestly, as long as he doesn't do it on the practice field or in the locker room, most of us media types wouldn't know if he did.

One thing I wanted to ask . Hand on heart IF we keep 6 WR will we still be retaining Thomas and Kelly? I know Kelly has been sidlined all of camp but is Thomas really that bad ? How much is the good showing by Galloway him really trying or is it him really trying to be on a roster and doing all the right things in camp ?

I could see them keeping six, like say maybe - Moss, Galloway, Thomas, Kelly, Wade and Austin. But that largely depends on everywhere else. Do they only keep two quarterbacks? Three running backs? How many guys are banged up on the offensive line?

As far as Thomas free falling down the depth chart. Hypothetically speaking, if you were a head coach who wanted to send a message to one of your players, now would be an ideal time to do so.

As far as Thomas free falling down the depth chart. Hypothetically speaking, if you were a head coach who wanted to send a message to one of your players, now would be an ideal time to do so.

If he needs this kind of motivation after 3 years in the league, I'd say there's a problem that isn't going to get fixed.

I'm counting on the waiver wires.

Ryman, what's the point of attacking someone's personal ranking of players? It seems like a very small point to argue instead of opening a dialogue on any of the topics actually discussed. It almost seems like you'd prefer to just argue semantics rather than ask Murf what he's seen out of McNabb...

Its not an attack, its my opinion of what I read. simply put, the paragraph about mcnabb doesnt seem like it belongs with the rest.

how hard would it have been to write that in the first place?

What's up with you? It was incredibly obvious what his point was, at least to most of us.

And when was the last time you saw a blog or article written in such a bland style as "didn't look good Week 1. He did Week 2. The end." It's called elaborating. It's what people do when they write things that they intend to publish or post for others to see. Seriously, is this the first time you've read something other than "Goodnight Moon"?

So tempting to post the "haters gonna hate" pic with the eagle....

I like this one better:

205wgmv.jpg

What's up with you? It was incredibly obvious what his point was, at least to most of us.

And when was the last time you saw a blog or article written in such a bland style as "didn't look good Week 1. He did Week 2. The end." It's called elaborating. It's what people do when they write things that they intend to publish or post for others to see. Seriously, is this the first time you've read something other than "Goodnight Moon"?

I like this one better:

205wgmv.jpg

Seems pretty simple to me, if the idea is "power rankings" then you put players who have impressed at practice, ERGO they have played very well and stood out, you dont write about how someone is a terrible practice player so him having a few solid practices suddenly makes him #1 because normally he is terrible at practice. It just struck me as nonsensical. apparently your level of reading is on par with the IOP kids, because when you make an initial argument that shoots down the rest of your article.....

If he needs this kind of motivation after 3 years in the league, I'd say there's a problem that isn't going to get fixed.

I'm counting on the waiver wires.

I still think you have to give both guys the benefit of the doubt . Both Kelly and Thomas have 2 full seasons in a poor offensive scheme with dubious talent at WR coach .

I thought there was a good article on Hogs heaven that was in breaking news:

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=329058

I also remember last season having this kind of discussion with my Giants friend about their WRs . They had just lost Plaxico and not replaced him and Toomer had just gone .

They had the rookie Nicks and a bunch of other guys including Smith, Manningham and Hixton etc and it wasn't clear who if anyone was going to step up .

I hope we are in a similar stage here .

Seems pretty simple to me, if the idea is "power rankings" then you put players who have impressed at practice, ERGO they have played very well and stood out, you dont write about how someone is a terrible practice player so him having a few solid practices suddenly makes him #1 because normally he is terrible at practice. It just struck me as nonsensical. apparently your level of reading is on par with the IOP kids, because when you make an initial argument that shoots down the rest of your article.....

Power rankings change from week to week, based on performance. That's how they work. You've been around long enough to know this.

McNabb has, according to Murph, traditionally been a poor practice player, which was just a point he was making in general - elaborating, setting up the story as it were. This is what writers do. True to form, McNabb had a spotty first week of camp. For this past week he's been outstanding, again according to Murph, and he's on the sidelines every day so I'll take his word for it. So now, based on this week, he's #1. McNabb is the the quarterback so he gets this type of attention. Seems simple enough to me.

Archived