Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Benmaller.com (USAT): Terrell Owens, Hall of Famer?

mossomo

Click to Continue Reading

Will he have a bust in the Hall...

“People they tend to say well, ‘You’re gonna be here one day,’ ” Owens said. “Of course, from a statistics standpoint, then yeah, I’ll be here. “But there are going to be a lot of things that probably factor into that. A lot of people are probably going to bring up reputation, character, things of that nature...

Let the flaming begin

I hope he makes it, he deserves it.

He deserves it. At his best, the guy was damn near unstoppable, and he was at the top of his game for quite a long stretch.

Character is not a major concern in HOF admission (Michael Irvin, Lawrence Taylor, etc. have shown that), and TO's character issues are far less serious than a lot of other guys.

Whether or not you like him, it's hard to say he's not an all-time great receiver.

I may not like TO personally, but the dude's character flaws are pretty tame compared to those in the hall. The voters would be beyond hypoocritical for keeping him out for his off the field antics. TO's never been arrested for drugs, violence, whatever, he's just an ass. But that's almost expected of WRs at this point anyway. Oh, and being a 49er and Cowboy both during his career won't hurt his chances anyway.

I may not like TO personally, but the dude's character flaws are pretty tame compared to those in the hall. The voters would be beyond hypoocritical for keeping him out for his off the field antics. TO's never been arrested for drugs, violence, whatever, he's just an ass. But that's almost expected of WRs at this point anyway. Oh, and being a 49er and Cowboy both during his career won't hurt his chances anyway.

Well put. He's a 1st Ballot HOF'er....IMO, he's one of the top 5-7 WR's to ever play the game.

Archived