Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Colt Brennan shuttered his website

mossomo

Kabush! Gonzies. The end.

http://coltbrennan5.com/

Matt Mosley speculates here,

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the end of the road for Brennan. He's a fiery competitor, but he doesn't appear to have the tools to make it in the league.

BTW - TK - love how you ended the cult thread. CLASSIC my man.

I looked at this website the day before Brennan was cut and this wasn't the blog that I had seen Colt write earlier. I think this was a fan site. I haven't been able to find his personal blog that he wrote for couple of years.

Was reggied here at godaddy and it expired a few days ago.

He either let it go or is late on payments.

You're right. This was the site where he kept a blog. Colt had not used the site for a blog since Aug. 2009.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:J5sC9hhu-EEJ:www.coltbrennan5.com/brennanbeats.html+site:coltbrennan5.com+coltbrennan5&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Even Kurt Warner said that the Arena Football League is a perfect place to get ready for the NFL. If you notice, NFL.com carries some of their stuff.

Kurt Warner only says that because it worked for him and he feels an obligation to the league. In reality, Arena Football and NFL football are very, very different from a quarterback standpoint. Warner already had an NFL arm; he just didn't have an NFL brain. Brennan appears to lack both, and he's not going to grow an arm playing arena ball.

Kurt Warner only says that because it worked for him and he feels an obligation to the league. In reality, Arena Football and NFL football are very, very different from a quarterback standpoint. Warner already had an NFL arm; he just didn't have an NFL brain. Brennan appears to lack both, and he's not going to grow an arm playing arena ball.

Not to mention the fact that very few players are actually able to make the transition.

I think Arena ball or maybe even the CFL with their wider field/more spread out offenses would be good fits for Colt.

No shame in that at all. I never thought he really had the tools to be a starting NFL QB (especially not a Shanahan QB), but it's not like a lot of guys can play at the Arena or CFL level either.

His biggest problem is that he's already fairly old, so he doesn't have much time on his side to play in the AFL before trying the NFL again. But I think something like that would be good for him to do.

I was kidding with my cousin Kawika (longtime time Raiders fan) on Thursday that who knows--Colt might end up with the Raiders! But, now that he's there--I'm surprised that he is--but, I do wish him well. Maybe he'll flourish and have some success there! After all, he's rejoining with his former UH teammate, Samson Satele!

I was kidding with my cousin Kawika (longtime time Raiders fan) on Thursday that who knows--Colt might end up with the Raiders! But, now that he's there--I'm surprised that he is--but, I do wish him well. Maybe he'll flourish and have some success there! After all, he's rejoining with his former UH teammate, Samson Satele!

Most speculation is that he's merely a camp arm, while their two backup QB's are too injured to throw during training camp.

Most speculation is that he's merely a camp arm, while their two backup QB's are too injured to throw during training camp.

It could be the one last opportunity for him to impress! I hope we see lighting strike pass completions in preseason for Colt and long term success in the NFL! I believe!

Good luck sticking there Colt.....

But with JC, Grad and Frye; Colt is nothing but a human ball machine at this point until Grad and Frye are 100%...then he'll be unemployed.

I think JC had some say in his arrival; maybe felt sorry for him?

Probably hahahaha

Brennan follows in the footsteps of other Redskins preseason 'greats' in Sultan McCoullough, Marcus Mason, Patrise Alexander, Babe Laufenburg, etc. who left Redskins Park and quickly found out the NFL can be a cold, unforgiving place :)

Archived