Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jeff Fisher on Albert Haynesworth and "The Test"

instinct21

So much media attention because it's Albert Haynesworth. Usually coaches do not talk about players who do not pass the conditioning test because they usually are not pro-bowlers and probably are fighting for a starting job. Also, some coaches are soft on conditioning test like the Cowgirls.

The one I really hate and he hates us as well is baldinger. He's a stuttering bafoon that is so blatantly anti skin it's disgusting. He's terrible and moronic he combines that with a stuttering version of shatner. Not to mention he just has that duh look about him. For some damn reason he works a ton of skins games.

I guess I understand why there is all this uproar about normal conditioning test and all that. Its because we havent seen how a real team is coached in awhile. So, for all the people complaining about a player being mistreated for having to prove he is conditioned after skipping all team activities prior to TC (whether mandatory or voluntary), I understand... You havent seen it in awhile and you are just in shock at how a real team should be run/look like right around this time. This is professional football. If you think he is being mistreated for having to prove he is in shape by passing standard tests, go watch tennis and STFU.

I guess I understand why there is all this uproar about normal conditioning test and all that. Its because we havent seen how a real team is coached in awhile. So, for all the people complaining about a player being mistreated for having to prove he is conditioned after skipping all team activities prior to TC (whether mandatory or voluntary), I understand... You havent seen it in awhile and you are just in shock at how a real team should be run/look like right around this time. This is professional football. If you think he is being mistreated for having to prove he is in shape by passing standard tests, go watch tennis and STFU.

Listen to this man. Amen.

A real coach. A real organization. A proven QB.

All you youngins, we got the gold like you have never seen. The next few years are going to be on. Guarens.

More From Jeff Fisher

Yeah, get it out of the way so you don’t have leg fatigue. It’s similar to the test you’ve been probably hearing about the last couple of days. That’s precisely the test we do. We do a 300 yard shuttle with the recovery time in between and then we do another.

(on whether they do a third set of shuttle runs)

No, we just do two and what we do is if you’ve had a minimum number of offseason workouts then the test is modified. Those that have been here for at least 80 percent of the offseason workouts, it’s a 300 yard shuttle, they will run 50 yard increments rather than 25 yard increments so it’s a little bit easier. The 25 yard 300 yard shuttle is an appropriate test to find out what kind of shape you’re in.

http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-1/Coach-Fishers-Training-Camp-Press-Conference/e9c69e11-00cb-4a61-bfff-10a5fd78f67e

Any reason you put this in? The Redskins didn't administer 3 shuttle runs either as part of the test.

I think the third shuttle run is the the part where Mike Shanahan is making his point. He isn't just building a team he is making a statement and changing the culture that has negatively effected the team the last several years.

HTTR

Via NFL Network: Sapp and Faulk both say this test is a

beast for a 300lb guy! The biggest conviction comes

from Sapp...one of the most athletic DL says they ran it in 50 yard intervals. 25 yards up and back bending starting and stopping...it's not easy

when your that big. Will he ever pass it?

Oh my god! What a distraction!

For the Titans...

Run him til he passes the test, I say. And then woe be unto whichever OL has to line up across from him.

~Bang

+1! For what Fat Albert makes, he should be able to do it 10x! And yeah, I feel sorry for the next guy to face him!

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Haynesworth_Situation_About_Setting_a_Standard_133256.jsp

Head strength and conditioning coach Ray Wright said players were informed that if they had participated in less than 50 percent of the off-season work, they’d face this test. Others took heed. This was not created with only Haynesworth in mind.

He skipped all but one day of voluntary programs – conditioning, mini-camps, organized team activities. He was within his contractual rights to do so. He also ditched a mandatory minicamp and that’s a violation

Granted, math is not my strong suit, but I am pretty sure this is qualifies as >50%...

Or possibly he assumed that this only applied to the team members.

All these reports of other Redskins doing the 300 yard shuttles and other teams doing the shuttles really means nothing and doesn't at all mean that Shanahan isn't punishing Haynesworth. There are two major variables involved that we never hear anybody directly compare -- how much time they expect you to do it in and how little rest time you get in between. I don't know what exactly is going on, but I would be willing to bet a lot of money that the times Albert is being told to perform it in and the rest time he is allowed between are such that a lot of Redskins linemen and other linemen around the league would not pass this test on the first try.

TerpSkins... What makes u so sure his time requirements are sooo much harder than other teams test? There is nothing to suggest that is so. People r just dying to find a legitamate reqson he cant pass. Well here is the reason... He is just not yet in football shape. Thats not a surprise when a disgruntled overpaid player says he is training outside of the team. He will pass in due time and all will be back to normal.

The host of washington post live did it in 63 and 67 seconds. Granted he's not 300 lbs. but he is 35 and he isn't getting paid millions to be in shape. The media is treating Haynesworth like a baby. It took Terrence Cody 3 times to pass the Ravens conditioning test where's the uproar about that.

All these reports of other Redskins doing the 300 yard shuttles and other teams doing the shuttles really means nothing and doesn't at all mean that Shanahan isn't punishing Haynesworth. There are two major variables involved that we never hear anybody directly compare -- how much time they expect you to do it in and how little rest time you get in between. I don't know what exactly is going on, but I would be willing to bet a lot of money that the times Albert is being told to perform it in and the rest time he is allowed between are such that a lot of Redskins linemen and other linemen around the league would not pass this test on the first try.

Fisher says that from the reports he's READ that's it's the SAME test and that they (the titans) have been doing that PARTICULAR test for years. But that's not good enough for you? No.

:helmet:

Yes exactly. The key to evaluating Fisher's comments is knowing how much time AH is being given to pass, vs. the time other linemen are allowed. If the Skins are making AH finish in wide receiver time, then Shanahan is just messing with him.

Archived