Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Re: NFL.com : Redskins, 'Hawks remain interested in trading for Bolts' Jackson / VJax signs tender & reports to the Bolts'...for now..(see post 3877)

Est.1974

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81bb66e1/article/chargers-wr-jackson-ends-holdout-signs-583000-tender?module=HP_headlines

Disgruntled Pro Bowl wide receiver Vincent Jackson signed his contact tender with the stumbling, turnover-prone San Diego Chargers on Friday. He can't help them during the next three games, though, because of a team-imposed suspension.

By reporting now, he can serve his three games on the roster exempt list -- he was placed there in a hardball move by general manager A.J. Smith -- and then play in the final six games to accrue his sixth season toward unrestricted free agency.

What if we could get him for very little for the last 6 games and make a nice push for the playoffs? I'm just wondering how much it would cost us? Not wanting to spend our draft picks on this dude.

The trade deadline has already passed, so there is no way to get him for the final 6 games.

Maybe. Maybe not. Armstrong has emerged from the pack, but when is Santana's contract up? Could it be possible we dump 3 Canes after the season? Rocky was tendered, afterall.

Geez, been sporting my Moss and McIntosh jersey's this year to games. Fortunately, I didn't go out and buy a #26 but looks like a jersey overhaul is in my future! :ols:

Or better yet, wait for the McNabb extension and go get one of those. At least I can figure 3-4 years to enjoy a #5. :silly:

To me, the most disturbing thing TK posted is that Rocky McIntosh might go. Of the 3 'Canes on our team he is having the best season IMO and is a real contributor on D finally. Would hate to see a player we waited on and developed finally get good only to dump him.

Geez, been sporting my Moss and McIntosh jersey's this year to games. Fortunately, I didn't go out and buy a #26 but looks like a jersey overhaul is in my future! :ols:

Or better yet, wait for the McNabb extension and go get one of those. At least I can figure 3-4 years to enjoy a #5. :silly:

I will say this, if/when we acquire VJax, I will get one of his jerseys.

Have not bought one since Chris H (#55) was playing, but I would be in the market for a jersey.

This..............thread...........................................won't ........................................................................................................go..................................................................................peacefully.

Why hasn't this thread been closed by now? All the threads they close around here and they are just going to let this monstrosity continue unabated?

It's really starting to annoy me when I see it every day I log in here. Yeah, I doubt anyone cares what annoys me but I can't be the only one sick of seeing this thread on the front page.

This thing should have been shut down the day after the trading deadline.

Why hasn't this thread been closed by now? All the threads they close around here and they are just going to let this monstrosity continue unabated?

It's really starting to annoy me when I see it every day I log in here. Yeah, I doubt anyone cares what annoys me but I can't be the only one sick of seeing this thread on the front page.

This thing should have been shut down the day after the trading deadline.

Funny, I'm disappointed when it isn't on the front page. And it shouldn't be closed until we sign him. ;)

If Moss can be had for free, do we still need VJax?

Well to answer your question- I would say no. If we should sign Moss, then no to VJax.

On the flip side. I think VJax is the reason we dont sign Moss.

I really believe this team makes a strong, very strong charge at VJax in the offseason.

Now, unless we "rent" Moss for the last 8 games, I dont see us making the effort based on wanting VJax.

Posted in the Randy Moss thread...

Originally Posted by jsteelz ....

they are still here because they are better locker room guys and players, none a long term fix, nor was moss and made it clear that he would not be here for a long term, so we backed away.We want more then a one year rental. Wr will be taken care of in the offseason, until then lets enjoy the rest of the season

Might be appropriate for this thread..:movefast:

Archived