Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Re: NFL.com : Redskins, 'Hawks remain interested in trading for Bolts' Jackson / VJax signs tender & reports to the Bolts'...for now..(see post 3877)

Est.1974

Maybe. Maybe not. Armstrong has emerged from the pack, but when is Santana's contract up? Could it be possible we dump 3 Canes after the season? Rocky was tendered, afterall.

Santana has been one of my favorite Redskins the past 5-6 years. But it may really be time to let him go. Well thats assuming that he wants big money. What ever the case how ever, we CAN NOT have another season with him being our #1 guy. The trend around the league for WRs is big, strong and fast. 'Tana is fast and quick, but thats about all.

One good thing however, is that we have 'Comb coming back. Assuming that he's truely 100%, :rolleyes: we would at least have a big possession WR. The interesting thing about the offseason with our WR corp is that it will look drastically different....

-Santana 50/50 (as far as being on the roster)

-Gallaway retires

-R. Williams (cut)

-M. Kelly (returns from IR)

Maybe. Maybe not. Armstrong has emerged from the pack, but when is Santana's contract up? Could it be possible we dump 3 Canes after the season? Rocky was tendered, afterall.

Moss is under contract through 2013 on paper, however in reality I believe he will be a free agent at the end of this year. He had a restructure back before the 2009 year and we added three more years to deal which had been due to end at the end of this year. The three extra years were to allow us to spread the pro rated bonus money over five years not two and those extra years automatically void at the end of this year. Bottom line this is his last year under contract I think.

I think shoring up the front 7 and interior O-line will definitely be big time points of emphasis for them this offseason.

But I still think they will look at receiver if they have a good option and if they could get good value.

As for what TK said, he's right, they could easily dump Santana, Clinton, and Rocky. But I see them keeping Santana next year and dumping Clinton and probably Rocky.

They might have to make tough decisions on those guys because they will likely want to keep:

McNabb (big $)

Jamaal Brown (medium $)

Carlos (medium $ thank to his dropped picks)

And on top of that they may want to extend Landry, so that could cost them some money. So yes, some tough decisions to be made on this roster before they are even ready to go out and spend big for a Vincent Jackson.

Santana Moss is having a pretty good year. If he's in a situation where he'd be cut just because he wouldn't hurt us that much cap-wise, I don't see why you'd let him go.

He is on a pace to just about match what he did in 2005 which is was when went over 1500 yards receiving. He would be an awesome number two receiver if we could find a true number one and I would absolutely try to bring him back. But bear in mind unless we can agree an extension or new deal he will be a free agent so it's not just what we want - there will be other teams interested if he gets to free agency coming off a big 1000 yard season.

Can this thread be deleted?

Ya, I actually like the debate regarding if we go after him. Listening to how close we were to trading for him and having a contract in place, solidifies that our FO does want a playmaker.

Me personally, think it would open up our offense. If we could definitely get a back that can take it to the house, our offense could be scaryAa

No, but you can quit posting in it if that's all you have to offer. :)

Translation: Under the expiring CBA, teams can trade for a player ONLY IF they have 1) given permission from opposing team to talk to said player and 2) have had a contract agreed in principle with said player. Regardless of the trade deadline.

TK is basically saying that Vincent Jackson will be in a Redskin uniform this season and it will all happen by Week 12 when Minnesota comes to town.

Translation: Under the expiring CBA, teams can trade for a player ONLY IF they have 1) given permission from opposing team to talk to said player and 2) have had a contract agreed in principle with said player. Regardless of the trade deadline.

TK is basically saying that Vincent Jackson will be in a Redskin uniform this season and it will all happen by Week 12 when Minnesota comes to town.

Are you being serious? I havent been following this thread at all, but I'd be pretty damn ecstatic if that were true.

care to explain how? considering the trade deadline has already passed. I havent seen anything saying san diego was going to release him and even then he would have to clear waivers.

Moss is under contract through 2013 on paper, however in reality I believe he will be a free agent at the end of this year. He had a restructure back before the 2009 year and we added three more years to deal which had been due to end at the end of this year. The three extra years were to allow us to spread the pro rated bonus money over five years not two and those extra years automatically void at the end of this year. Bottom line this is his last year under contract I think.

I think you are correct. Moss could well be out of contract after this season. These are the reported details back when he restructured in 2009.

"Per the source, the Redskins converted his base salary of $3.7 million in 2009 and $4.3 million in 2010 into a signing bonus, less salaries of $745,000 this year and $968,500 next year.

The difference is a guaranteed payment of $6.28 million.

The new deal adds three additional seasons beyond 2010, at base salaries of $1.192 million in 2011, $1.4155 million in 2012, and $1.639 million in 2013. But we’re told that the three new years automatically void at the end of the 2010 season.

Ya, I actually like the debate regarding if we go after him. Listening to how close we were to trading for him and having a contract in place, solidifies that our FO does want a playmaker.

Me personally, think it would open up our offense. If we could definitely get a back that can take it to the house, our offense could be scaryAa

Not only that, but those who have actually read some of/ or all the posts in this thread would know that it encompasses alot of discussion about all things related to our receiving corps.

:ols::ols::ols:

I think the below applies here.

key_art_lost_in_translation1.jpg

Not only that, but those who have actually read some of/ or all the posts in this thread would know that it encompasses alot of discussion about all things related to our receiving corps.

Yeah, and that discussion becomes all the more interesting if Santana is in fact out of contract at the end of this season. He's probably looking for his last big payday, so if VJax wants $10m per year, are we also going to pay up for Santana, who may command a sizeable deal (not in the $10m per year league, but big enough I'd guess).

Every week we try the bomb with this guy, and get absolutely nothing from it. Now he has started to give up picks because he doesnt make a play for the ball. The guy is 38 and knows he is not going to get a big time contract, and simply does not care. Why is he still on my favorite football team. Very very frustrating...........Vincent Jackson anybody????

Archived