Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

H.P.: Your request is being processed... Tea Party Federation Expels Mark Williams Over 'Offensive' Response To NAACP's Racism Charge

Nickclone

Reach for straws much? e the only thing thats the truth in there is the AZ thing and everyone should be against illegal imagration

They're allowed to stop anyone who "looks" like "an illegal immigrant", tell me...what does an illegal immigrant look like to you?

Oh, so it's NOT oppressing other races. That's what I thought. And as far as class goes, I KNOW the Tea Parties are not homogeneous. My dad is a union electrician (one of those working men you talked about) and he supports the tea parties. And I think many very wealthy Americans are against income redistribution as well. I just don't see your argument holding water. And even you have backed off your initial post about advancing whites at the expense of other races.

Am I still a racist when even you can't support your statement when asked to get specific? :ols:

And I'm sorry, my friend, but voicing opposing ideals is quite possibly the GREATEST thing about this country. If you're opposed to that, I'm truly sorry to hear it.

And if you STILL want to play this game, post the language of the Arizona law that actually passed, and explain to me how it's discriminatory.

Fish. Barrell. BANG!!!!!

You do know that SB1070 is based solely on race, right? How many white people do you think get randomly stopped for being suspected of being an alien? The police are allowed to make lawful contact with anyone suspected of being an illegal immigrant, like I said before, what does an alien look like? What would one look like in Arizona?

Yes, different working class people are members of the tea party, unfortunately they are misinformed if they think they represent their ideals. All one has to do is look at the legislation they oppose that will help them, personally I don't care about that. If they don't want help and would rather stay unemployed or barely making ends meet, so be it.

You make it sound like I said all white people are out to get blacks, you're putting words in my mouth. I backed off, because how you feel about race isn't the topic of the post and I was trying to keep this thread from turning into a race war. The tea party is 80% white, straight males and it shows in the legislation they support and don't support.

Once again you're putting words in my mouth, never once did I say that you shouldn't be allowed to speak your opinion in America. However, you need to be ready for the consequences of speaking your mind. Sounds lie you're trying to pull "patriotic card" on me.

First - you didn't drop the race card, you suggested he was a racist. Big difference, IMO.

Second - you brought up the NAACP, not him. Disagreeing with the NAACP doesn't, by any stretch of the imagination, make you racist... even if you're white.

Fair enough, but the only reason the NAACP is even a subject in this thread, is because they have to do with the topic at hand. Screw it, this topic is going nowhere...like all topics about race.

They're allowed to stop anyone who "looks" like "an illegal immigrant", tell me...what does an illegal immigrant look like to you?

Care to show me that quoted word or anything close to it in the law?

Though I'm not surprised to you trying to play the race card in that area as well.

I'll wait One trick pony

The misinformation campaign claims another victim. Again, post the bill that passed, and show us all how it's racist in ANY WAY WHATSOEVER!!

You do know that SB1070 is based solely on race, right?

And this demonstrates clearly that you're not informed enough to continue this discussion.

Here's the section of the law that applies to your (false) statement. The crossed out word was the original language. The actual law is the text that is not struck through:

"A law enforcement official or agency of this state or a county, city, town or other political subdivision of this state may not solely consider race, color or national origin in implementing the requirements of this subsection except to the extent permitted by the United States or Arizona Constitution."

http://www.keytlaw.com/blog/2010/04/anti-illegal-immigration-law-part-1/

MAY NOT CONSIDER RACE. MAY NOT CONSIDER RACE. At all. Not even a little bit. Tell me again how this can be construed to be racist?

Yes, different working class people are members of the tea party, unfortunately they are misinformed if they think they represent their ideals.

As demonstrated, you're one to talk about being misinformed. :ols:

You make it sound like I said all white people are out to get blacks, you're putting words in my mouth. I backed off, because how you feel about race isn't the topic of the post and I was trying to keep this thread from turning into a race war. The tea party is 80% white, straight males and it shows in the legislation they support and don't support.

I said nothing of the sort that all whites are out to get blacks. No inference, didn't even get CLOSE to saying anything like that.

However, if you're so upset that the tea party is 80% white (not sure about the accuracy of that number) what about the NAACP? And why are they OK? Just come out and say it!

Once again you're putting words in my mouth, never once did I say that you shouldn't be allowed to speak your opinion in America. However, you need to be ready for the consequences of speaking your mind. Sounds lie you're trying to pull "patriotic card" on me.

Patriotic Card? Do you have anything to offer besides falsehoods and talking points?

I didn't say that you said I shouldn't be allowed to express my opinion. YOU said that the Tea Party opposed those with different ideals. That's a good thing. It's our debates in this country that allow us to find common ground and grow as a nation. Again, I don't see that as a bad thing.

*edit* the strike-through didn't show up. The red word, "solely" is not in the final law.

You do know that SB1070 is based solely on race, right? .

I see you like Eric Holder hasnt even read the bill

I said nothing of the sort that all whites are out to get blacks. No inference, didn't even get CLOSE to saying anything like that.

However, if you're so upset that the tea party is 80% white (not sure about the accuracy of that number) what about the NAACP? And why are they OK? Just come out and say it!

Do you think that the NAACP is analogous to organizations which promote the advancement of white people? If so, that's a pretty ahistorical perspective.

I wonder when the clearly non-racist tea party will work to expel these people?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIcAd8eqI0g

Has anyone ever said there weren't fringe idiots in the Tea Parties? No one that I've seen has.

It's funny too. When that's the whole purpose of the movement, as clearly demonstrated by your video, :rolleyes: why in the blue blazes would they get rid of a spokesman that made racist comments?

Things that make you say "Hmmmmm....."

Do you think that the NAACP is analogous to organizations which promote the advancement of white people? If so, that's a pretty ahistorical perspective.

Like HBCUs, affirmative action, the OLD Black Panthers, and other African-American centered organizations, there ABSOLUTELY was a time when they were DESPERATELY needed.

I happen to believe that time has past, that the glass ceiling is broken, and it's time to advance ALL Americans.

Apparently that makes me a racist. :)

Like HBCUs, affirmative action, the OLD Black Panthers, and other African-American centered organizations, there ABSOLUTELY was a time when they were DESPERATELY needed.

I happen to believe that time has past, that the glass ceiling is broken, and it's time to advance ALL Americans.

Apparently that makes me a racist. :)

No, that's a fair position to take. I don't agree that we've reached the point where they are no longer needed, but hopefully we'll reach that point rather soon.

No, that's a fair position to take. I don't agree that we've reached the point where they are no longer needed, but hopefully we'll reach that point rather soon.

And I respect your position as well.

I don't have as much of a problem with the NAACP as I do AA and HBCUs, for what it's worth. There's a difference in my mind, between advocating for people, and discriminating against others to advance them.

And please don't misunderstand me. I said the glass ceiling is broken, not that there is racial harmony and everything is perfect, for a reason. I do think we can say now that there is no opportunity open to a white person that isn't open to a black, latino or asian person. But the problems we have with race in this country aren't "solved" by any stretch, and won't be in either of our lifetimes, IMO.

Ah, I can see your racist ideals or your lack of understanding starting to poke through. The NAACP is for the advancement of black people, but not at the expense of oppressing others to reach their goals, like the tea party. When the NAACP supports legislation allowing for the police to harass anyone who looks white because they might be an illegal alien...I'll give you credit for that one.

Damn, dude. You need to take a few deep breaths.

I think that even if things aren't equal today, we've reached a position where things will normalize on their own given time. We've crossed the event horizon, if you will.

I think that even if things aren't equal today, we've reached a position where things will normalize on their own given time. We've crossed the event horizon, if you will.

I hope that's true. I don't know. As I've had pointed out to me -- correctly -- a few times around here, it's hard for me to know "how the other half lives."

I'd just prefer to think of the other half as the "have nots," instead of any specific race. White kids in Appalachia need help. Black kids in many cities need help. Let's lift up the people that aren't living the American Dream, no matter what they look like.

Mark Williams didn't screw up one time... he's been suffering from foot in mouth syndrome for a long time. Having said that the tea party did a lot to shake any reputation of racism with this move. They dumped this clown when he crossed the line, which was a ballsy move on their part. Good for them.

Well there is always true feelings behind some jokes and this just so happen to be an example. Also to the person that said this is just one person. Well this one person just so happen to be the spokesman of this party so before he was basically considered the voice of the people in this party. I'm pretty sure half of them is saying "he didn't say anything wrong".

One thing I've always wondered about that stance - how in the world are we supposed to measure "that point," and how close we are to it?

Archived