Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Food Stamps: A Rant.

zoony

Why are you posting on this message board? Aren't you aware of the FEMA concentration camps aimed at Brave American Patriots such as yourself?

No time to worry about a Redskins message board; the Communists are after your precious bodily fluids! RUN!!!

What? There are FEMA Concentration Camps coming for my bodily fluids? haha what in the heck does that have to do with the rampant abuse of the welfare system and the mindset of the people that abuse it?

Dude Come on now? Just because i dont like Welfare Abuse doesnt make me a 2012 conspiracy theorist... I am just simply tired of the mentality that people have that they are "Owed" something and its up to the Gov't (and thereby taxpayers) to give it to them.

This is another another clear abuse of the system.

On a better note, My best friend Amber was on food stamps, because she couldn't fully support herself on her income, and she just recently got a very good paying job. I went shopping with her a few days ago and right before we went shopping she called in to get her food stamps cancelled so someone else in more need then her could use it. We went shopping and got regular food (no crazy sweets or anything) for a healthy 25 year old, and I didn't think anything of it. To know that the food stamps she just canceled could go to some lazy obese slob ( that doesn't deserve the stamps) didn't even cross my mind until this thread. Pisses me off.

REIC your friend Amber is a good example of how it should be... sometimes I wonder why she isnt the rule instead of the exception to it..

So welfare abuse is real? I did not know that. My fault.

Your'e a racist and I called you a racist. That is most certainly calling it like I see it.

The less I quote your hate filled tirade, the better. I don't need permission to hate on your dreary post. I will do that anyway! :)

Woot Woot haha I've made an enemy already!! I just signed up to this site. haha. so tell me, if you dont mind, are you on welfare? Do you collect food stamps? You seem to be protecting those that are so Im just wondering.

Woot Woot haha I've made an enemy already!! I just signed up to this site. haha. so tell me, if you dont mind, are you on welfare? Do you collect food stamps? You seem to be protecting those that are so Im just wondering.

Your'e a troll. I don't feed the troll. Who said I was your enemy? Sorry, you just don't have that kind of pull around here.

Many social programs started during the Great Depression, and food stamps were started in 1961.

The US seemed to grow and thrive pretty well since the establishment of those programs.

yes because of the people that choose to be self sufficient. People that have been on welfare for extended periods of time have done nothing but become more and more dependent on the "Nanny State".

And that's just another example of you being wrong. She IS the rule. Of course the exceptions, just like in any other example, are the ones who make the news or draw our attention. How would the folks who are responsible be recognized? The wouldn't, by virtue of the very fact they do the right thing. I don't understand why conservatives are so freaking cynical. You always expect the worst out of people, yet that's counter to the very principles of conservatism, which relies on people doing the right thing instead of government regulation.

Is it just black folk on the government dime that bother you or others as well? lol

The ones that bother me arent just black or white or hispanic green purple or friggin blue... The ones that can afford to buy expensive clothes, the finest furniture for their homes (even if they are in a government subsidized ghetto) the ones that drive luxury cars and have more jewelry than Kay's or Swartzchild's but still need government assistance for housing and food.. seem to me to have their priorities skewed.

Instead of buying a Lexus for 45 or 50,000 why dont they purchase a more practical vehicle and buy their own food? why dont they maybe downgrade the type of furniture they buy in order to get out of the Ghetto and into a better, safer neighborhood?

The problem is most of the ones living on the government dime and driving a Mercedes are slinging Crack and make more money than your average citizen does thats out here trying to make on their own.... legally!

The ones that bother me arent just black or white or hispanic green purple or friggin blue... The ones that can afford to buy expensive clothes, the finest furniture for their homes (even if they are in a government subsidized ghetto) the ones that drive luxury cars and have more jewelry than Kay's or Swartzchild's but still need government assistance for housing and food.. seem to me to have their priorities skewed.

Instead of buying a Lexus for 45 or 50,000 why dont they purchase a more practical vehicle and buy their own food? why dont they maybe downgrade the type of furniture they buy in order to get out of the Ghetto and into a better, safer neighborhood?

The problem is most of the ones living on the government dime and driving a Mercedes are slinging Crack and make more money than your average citizen does thats out here trying to make on their own.... legally!

Did it ever cross your mind that those people are getting the money for those things elsewhere? Welfare is not enough money for that lifestyle. There's something more insidious going on if they can afford a lexus. Course those people don't deserve welfare if they're making their money illegally. But again, why do you assume their are the rule and not the exception?

You know an awful lot about people on welfare. Do you know any or are you just swallowing whatever comes down the pike via the Fox Network? Just curious. Also, you don't act like a newbie... you act like this is a dupe account.

And that's just another example of you being wrong. She IS the rule. Of course the exceptions, just like in any other example, are the ones who make the news or draw our attention. How would the folks who are responsible be recognized? The wouldn't, by virtue of the very fact they do the right thing. I don't understand why conservatives are so freaking cynical. You always expect the worst out of people, yet that's counter to the very principles of conservatism, which relies on people doing the right thing instead of government regulation.

Dude I know exactly what I am referring to and if you think Amber is the rule and not the exception to it you have had your head in the sand for too long now. Drive through your nearest Government Subsidized housing project and just observe. Look to see how many fancy cars are parked in the street or parking lots.

I have seen and heard people bragging about abusing the system because hell why not? Its only the Governments money! Like the people lined up outside of the welfare office in Chicago talking about they were there to get some of that "Obama Money" they dont care that its coming from productive working citizens they just feel they have "Rights" to it.

As for me being cynical and just expecting the worst from people... thats BS... You may call me cynical but my cynicism is based in experience and what I expect from others is to be self sufficient and self responsible... just as I expect that from myself.

I have worked throughout some of the worst and most dangerous housing projects in Richmond, VA and I have seen it first hand. I have seen entire families 2 and 3 generations worth being raised on the Government Dime and talking about how they can get this job or that job because if they do then their welfare will stop. I have heard them say "Why should I work more or even try to get a job... my rent is only $50" I mean jeez where does it end.

When people see no need in getting an education to further their own advancement in this world because if they do their welfare will stop... that to me is ludicrious...

Dude I know exactly what I am referring to and if you think Amber is the rule and not the exception to it you have had your head in the sand for too long now. Drive through your nearest Government Subsidized housing project and just observe. Look to see how many fancy cars are parked in the street or parking lots.

I have seen and heard people bragging about abusing the system because hell why not? Its only the Governments money! Like the people lined up outside of the welfare office in Chicago talking about they were there to get some of that "Obama Money" they dont care that its coming from productive working citizens they just feel they have "Rights" to it.

As for me being cynical and just expecting the worst from people... thats BS... You may call me cynical but my cynicism is based in experience and what I expect from others is to be self sufficient and self responsible... just as I expect that from myself.

I have worked throughout some of the worst and most dangerous housing projects in Richmond, VA and I have seen it first hand. I have seen entire families 2 and 3 generations worth being raised on the Government Dime and talking about how they can get this job or that job because if they do then their welfare will stop. I have heard them say "Why should I work more or even try to get a job... my rent is only $50" I mean jeez where does it end.

When people see no need in getting an education to further their own advancement in this world because if they do their welfare will stop... that to me is ludicrious...

Again you know nothing about what you speak of. I have lived in these bad neighborhoods and the only ones with nice cars were dealers. Most people in the hood don't have cars. Some do some don't you seem like an incredibly uninformed poster.

Wow. This is the clearest, most ironclad rebuttal of the existence of a welfare class in this country that I have ever seen! Keep drinking the kool-aid like in your cartoon, dude!

:silly:

Yes I will. Also...

11. Please do not use the “Quote” feature to quote pictures, large blocks of text or embedded YouTube videos.

It wastes space in databases and unnecessarily extends and clutters threads.

If you would like to respond to the contents of a particular post, simply quote the sentence or idea that you're commenting upon, not necessarily the entire post. When you use the quote feature there will be a blue arrow that looks like this-- --simply click on it and it will take you to the original, full version of the post you just quoted. Or if you're referencing a picture, for example, just refer to the post number and a brief description (i.e. "Post #324's wild! What kind of animal is that?")

Thank you for playing.

Does anyone actually know why food stamps are not made to only be used for veggies, fruits, certain dairy products and whole wheat grains?

You mean Adult Wic. Don't know and somewhat makes since. As frustrated as I am with the woman whom Zoony mention, I have to ask myself do people whom are an economical disadvantage still have free will? Tough debate.

I had a doctor that told me one time "people whom smoke should not be able to receive government assistance". At first I agree with him, but then I thought well does that person have the right to choose? Once again tought debate.

You mean Adult Wic. Don't know and somewhat makes since. As frustrated as I am with the woman whom Zoony mention, I have to ask myself do people whom are an economical disadvantage still have free will? Tough debate.

I had a doctor that told me one time "people whom smoke should not be able to receive government assistance". At first I agree with him, but then I thought well does that person have the right to choose? Once again tought debate.

That is a very good point. I guess maybe the government has already thought of this issue and decided not to pursue it.

My Dad owned an Oil company and at first we always hired indians, he thought that if they could get a taste of what life CAN be like if you work hard, that they would change but sadly it only worked for a few. some people just feel entitled and prefer to live off of others.

Its all about deciding what you want and then going after it, if you guys could see where I grew up you would understand, ffs 25 miles off the highway, no power, no running water, we lived a very basic lifestyle and I decided at a young age that I wanted something different after visiting my aunt in the city. Merv lived like that by choice, he worked in the oilfield and made good money but he had it crazy tough growing up so to him that was a great life. Working 12 hours then going home and working in the garden and tending animals lol. I worked my whole life to escape that sort of life lol.

Ive lost it on one of my cousins once because she started saying I was trying too hard to be white because I lived in the city and I had a nice house with a big screen TV and a Jacuzi and GASP a WHITE GIRLFRIEND. I told her I wasnt going to apologise for working overtime so that I would never have to eat kraft dinner again and that if I didnt want to live in the middle of BF nowhere that didnt mean im no longer Metis.

She has 4 kids, no job, colony housing that was paid for by the colony, works 10 hours a week at an after school program paid for by the colony and she hates that her kids love to go visit uncle ryan and eat sushi and other "weird foods" and go to the library and swim in the wave pool. I just hope that they can see that if you are willing to work you can build a better life.

as for food stamps, they should be for people who need them and for those people to buy staples period, dried pasta, vegetables, dairy, limited meat and chicken, canned goods. not luxury items like seafood (other than basic fish). there should be no way to "cash them in" either.

This statement makes no sense.

Putting restrictions on the type of food that food stamps can be used for will increase bureaucracy, not decrease it. Can you imagine the logistical and political problems around trying to decide exactly which brands of food should be allowed?

And on another note, why is it so important to restrict those on food stamps to such a limited selection of food? You do realize that this restrictions will demean and hurt many of the people on the program that are truly needy.

A total of about 20 posts after yours sums up my response.

Archived