Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Another True Redskin fan dies (my dad)

adamyesme1111

Rambling alert: A few people told me to just get everything off my chest so I did...It is good to just type it all out.

Ok, well he was the one who spoke the words that I believed the most. He has been my hero since I was a little kid and this shouldn't of happened. He was fine before he got prescribed those medications and if it was those doctors faults they are going to lose everything so they don't kill anyone elses dad. He had all these plans, we were getting our RV fixed up so we could watch sattelite on the road and go traveling alot. He worked hard his whole life to launch his land surveying business so he could retire young. He finally did retire just a couple years back but his real retirement was just starting. He worked hard his whole life so he could enjoy not having to work past 50 and he got that taken away from him. I am the one who found him and I am never going to forget the look of his eyes...I knew he was gone but of course that didn't stop me from screaming and calling 911 and giving him CPR, and he was making noises so I thought he was still alive. I wasn't going to accept that my dad was just gone out of nowhere. He wanted to start his real retirement by traveling and camping and start hunting and fishing with me again and go to the beach more and everything. I don't have him to go to for the advice that I respected most anymore. It just was just the worse possible time.

More like sharing alert: my friend.:)

Private Messaging you probably would have been more appropriate, but I figured that their might be a couple of other young men/women here who may be struggling with the passing of a loved one.

Adam, I just wanted to say that when I have lost someone who is close to me, I truly, truly believe that they have gone on to a much better place. Now that never stops me from missing that person, but it does help me with the pain a little.

I've read your quotes and you strike me as being a very impressive young man. There are things that you did in certain situations that a lot of 17 year olds could not have done.

God bless you young man and your family.

So sorry to hear of your loss. You will be in our thoughts and prayers. I too lost my father and grand father in the same week, so i know how hard it can be to accept. I will just tell you this, stay strong and try to get past the anger, so you can begin the healing process.

OMG Adamysme1111, I am so very sorry to hear of this tremendous loss for you and your family. I can't imagine getting hit with a loss that terrible, that quickly :(

I am so sorry buddy. I know you'll be watching games alone on this earth this upcoming season, but it's very likely he'll have a pretty good seat to these games too...along with ST :) Hang in there. I'll be praying for you and your family.

My thoughts are with you friend, they really are. I am sorry for your loss. Hang in there, friend. Hang in & stay strong with the family around you.

That family includes ES. The people around here will be great support. I am 100% sure of that.

Take care.

:helmet:

More like sharing alert: my friend.:)

Private Messaging you probably would have been more appropriate, but I figured that their might be a couple of other young men/women here who may be struggling with the passing of a loved one.

Adam, I just wanted to say that when I have lost someone who is close to me, I truly, truly believe that they have gone on to a much better place. Now that never stops me from missing that person, but it does help me with the pain a little.

I've read your quotes and you strike me as being a very impressive young man. There are things that you did in certain situations that a lot of 17 year olds could not have done.

God bless you young man and your family.

I hope he is in a better place too and I believe he is...but the sad thing is we had all these plans and I know he would choose to be down here or in hell with us then in heaven alone (even though he is up there with his other family, he knows we needed him)

Thanks for all the kind words from all of you. I was suprised that almost every single one of you were genuinely trying to help me and not just trying to get an extra post on your post count. My mom was happy to hear of all the kind words from strangers and is actually asking me to print them all out for her once everyone is done posting. You guys are helping my mom out alot.

Adam, while you have lost your dad, your mom has lost her best friend, partner, lover, and the person she was planning on spending her "golden" years with. You are going to keep growing up and will start your own family, with your dad as a wonderful role model of what a husband/father should be. Your mom will be missing your dad for lots of other reasons. Please be kind to her, patient with her, and let her know just how much she means to you too, as much as your dad does.

My best to you and your family as you go through these trying days.

Sorry to hear about your loss, but at least now your dad is at rest and no longer in pain.

Thats the worst part :(. He wasn't in pain, he was happy. He was sick for 2 days because of the new medications the doctor gave him and they wouldn't let him stop taking him (they were for his leg). They apparently were medications he shouldnt have been taken. Before that he was great and happy that he was finally retired and making all kinds of plans, but I think I get what you mean, I think he died rather fast...and not painfully.

Archived