Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Another True Redskin fan dies (my dad)

adamyesme1111

My condolences to you and your family man, that is just awful! :'(

Like another poster said earlier, you don't need to delete anything you typed. Get it all out. We are all a family here and everyone can understand and sympathize with you. Be strong dude.

God bless you and your family for the loss! Your Dad will always be with you! Look back at the good times and all the love he shared and all he has taught you. That's the way to insure he'll always be by your side and in your heart!

My condolences to you and your family man, that is just awful! :'(

Like another poster said earlier, you don't need to delete anything you typed. Get it all out. We are all a family here and everyone can understand and sympathize with you. Be strong dude.

Rambling alert: A few people told me to just get everything off my chest so I did...It is good to just type it all out.

Ok, well he was the one who spoke the words that I believed the most. He has been my hero since I was a little kid and this shouldn't of happened. He was fine before he got prescribed those medications and if it was those doctors faults they are going to lose everything so they don't kill anyone elses dad. He had all these plans, we were getting our RV fixed up so we could watch sattelite on the road and go traveling alot. He worked hard his whole life to launch his land surveying business so he could retire young. He finally did retire just a couple years back but his real retirement was just starting. He worked hard his whole life so he could enjoy not having to work past 50 and he got that taken away from him. I am the one who found him and I am never going to forget the look of his eyes...I knew he was gone but of course that didn't stop me from screaming and calling 911 and giving him CPR, and he was making noises so I thought he was still alive. I wasn't going to accept that my dad was just gone out of nowhere. He wanted to start his real retirement by traveling and camping and start hunting and fishing with me again and go to the beach more and everything. I don't have him to go to for the advice that I respected most anymore. It just was just the worse possible time.

Adam I'm really sorry for your loss and I feel your pain. Let the good memories keep coming back to you and dont bury them. At first they'll make you hurt since you want more of them. Over time you'll treasure those good memories with your dad more than anything.

Rambling alert: A few people told me to just get everything off my chest so I did...It is good to just type it all out.

Ok, well he was the one who spoke the words that I believed the most. He has been my hero since I was a little kid and this shouldn't of happened. He was fine before he got prescribed those medications and if it was those doctors faults they are going to lose everything so they don't kill anyone elses dad. He had all these plans, we were getting our RV fixed up so we could watch sattelite on the road and go traveling alot. He worked hard his whole life to launch his land surveying business so he could retire young. He finally did retire just a couple years back but his real retirement was just starting. He worked hard his whole life so he could enjoy not having to work past 50 and he got that taken away from him. I am the one who found him and I am never going to forget the look of his eyes...I knew he was gone but of course that didn't stop me from screaming and calling 911 and giving him CPR, and he was making noises so I thought he was still alive. I wasn't going to accept that my dad was just gone out of nowhere. He wanted to start his real retirement by traveling and camping and start hunting and fishing with me again and go to the beach more and everything. I don't have him to go to for the advice that I respected most anymore. It just was just the worse possible time.

You know, when I was 13 I lost my best friend in the entire world. My Grandpa. That man taught me how to hunt, fish, respect others, and conduct myself like a person should. I was in 8th grade I was on Easter break, and my brother and I had just dropped him off at the airport for his trip back to NY. The next day we had a Sheriff waiting for us when we got home, and he broke the news that my grandfather had been shot and killed. It was about the roughest thing I've ever had to deal with. He really was my best friend, and every bit as much of a fatherly figure. I still miss him imensly to this day (it's been over 20 years), but in his honor, I became the most diehard fisherman. That's what i focused on, because it was how we bonded and spent many many hours. Fishing as much as i possibly could made me feel closer to him.

And it's never a good time brother.....:(

Thanks for sharing...anything else you want to get off your chest feel free.

really sorry to hear this :(

my fathers passing is coming up on 1 year next month, and while i am doing better now than i was when he passed, i still think about it daily and can get sad at any moment.

time will help but you will always have him in your heart.

ps. my dad was a huge redskins fan too :(

So sorry Adam, the only advice I can possibly offer is to talk about your feelings and do your best to listen and be there for your older brother and Mother. Sure, you're younger but everyone deals with things differently so it may be that you're just what they need to get through this and maybe that'll help you as well.

I know it's not the same, but it was about this time 15 years ago that I lost my best friend in the world to Cystic Fibrosis. I, unlike you, didn't talk about it much and kept a lot of it inside me. It wasn't healthy, I thought I was being strong or cool or whatever as I was just 17 but it wasn't until I got a bit older that I started talking and writing about it and it really did help.

I'm very sorry Adam, for you and your family! May God help you all through this.

Archived