Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Another True Redskin fan dies (my dad)

adamyesme1111

I am 17 years old (regardless of what my age says, I think I was too young when I made the account and I also wanted to be taken seriously). I don't have any pictures and please send to tailgate if it would be better there. My dad taught me everything to know about football and he has been a Redskins fan since he was born in 56. He taught me and told me about all the old redskins and their history of how he was on Team Sonny and told me all about the Joe Gibbs era. He was just as excited about this season as I was and it will be hard to watch the Redskins without him.

He had a few health problems (hepatitis C and the diabetes that you aren't born with(forget which one that is)).He got an infection in his leg and the doctor prescribed him four pills for it. On saturday when we buried his father he was fine. When he started taking his new prescriptions on monday he started to complain of nausea and other symptoms. This morning I found him laying on the floor of his room and the paramedics could not revive him. He was a true redskins fan and I will miss him so much. I just needed to vent in another way other than talking. I deleted most of the stuff I typed because it was just me rambling on about how great of a guy he was. Hopefully he is watching from above and his spirit will be sitting next to me on sundays watching the Redskins win the superbowl.

My condolences to you and your family. In my mind, all Redskins fans are family so I tip my cap to your Dad. I hope that time will ease your pain and that your memories of watching Redskins games with your Dad will be something you can always treasure.

I'm so sorry man, as another pretty young guy I can't even imagine losing my dad this young, my prayers and thoughts are with you. Just like you, my dad is the one who made me a Redskins fan, and he's the only one that I share that with. I know the bond you must have had. Keep your head up, and know that he's watching this year, right along with you, from up above, my friend. RIP

I appreciate it guys...and the worst part is its almost like he was taken from me...we have to pay for the autopsy and the nurse was trying to cover somthing up and told us an autopsy cost hundreds of thousands of dollars, it ended up costing 3600. The truth is that the doctor most likely prescribed him somthing that went bad with his other medications. We had plans to travel in our big RV and we were going to start bowling again and I always dreamed of being a big time coach and giving him the inside scoops that I can't tell the media. There goes me rambling on again.

I appreciate the support guys. Hopefully he is up there somewhere and I'll see him again and maybe all of us can get together and have a tailgate party in heaven one day.

RIP... Thoughts are with your family. (Did I read it right, you lost a grandfather and a father in the same week?)

Condolences to all involved. :(

Yes, I wasn't that close with my grandfather though. The good thing is that we had warning that he was going to die and were able to say goodbyes and tell him how much we loved him. This was completely out of nowhere, he was supposed to live another 10, 15 years.

First of all, my condolences to you and your family.

Secondly, this is a huge moment in your life. You can feel sorry for him, yourself, and your family, or you can celebrate all the good things he contributed to all of you.

Quick personal story...a college roommate of mine died in a car accident. We were all devastated. After his funeral, his family had a catered cookout with kegs and everything. The point is that everyone will have their final day, guaranteed. So why don't we celebrate the positives, because those are not guaranteed. Long story short, be happy for the times you had. Without knowing you or him, I'm willing to bet he'd rather see you happy than sad. Make him happy up there.

And stay strong. You have a ton of support from people that don't even know you. I don't even know you and I felt compelled to write this. It's your chance to step up.

Hail brother.

Man, my sincere condolences. If you have dreams of being a big time coach, do so in your fathers honor. We all mourn with you, losing your father cannot be easy, and him being a Redskin fan makes him like family to us all.

Continue to vent here, it will help you out more than you can imagine. Everyone here will support you.

Having lost my father some time ago i can empathise with you over where your at right now, be grateful that your father and you spent time together and always remember what he taught you and how he wanted your life to be, my condolences to you and your extended family on both your losses, you will all be in my prayers, and i am sure that your father will be beside you when you watch the skins this season.

Oh man, sorry to read this I understand you feelings.

My condolences are with you and all your family, really.

I know is hard a time but be strong brother, transform the pain in will strong.

If you want to talk my ears (eyes) are yours.

Your father can chat all day with Sean and my father of course.

BE STRONG BRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone down here support you.

I lost my Dad 10 years ago. It hurt real bad, but my Dad did a good job raising us kids and thats what he was put on this earth for. I feel better about it now and I still remember him on father's day and such. You are way too young to be without your Dad, you gotta be "Johnny on the spot" now by being the man of the house. Look to your dad for strength when you need it. Good luck to ya, kid.

Archived