Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tea Party vs. Black Panthers, which is "more" racist?

Skinsfan4life83

Personal experience, mostly here. :ols:

You personal experience is that it is an unpopular position to say that "all racism is bad, no matter who the offender is"???

That's a little strange... maybe there is more to it than that.

30% my ass. i'm sure there were a small minority but who says there aren't nutjobs on both sides?
That's the point!

Claiming the Tea Party is racist is like claiming the Dem Party is racist. There are pics of Tea Partiers with Obama=Hitler signs. I can post a plethora of signs from Dem Partiers that carried Bush=Hitler signs.

It is idiotic to lump a party as racist because of a sign.

That's the point!

Claiming the Tea Party is racist is like claiming the Dem Party is racist. There are pics of Tea Partiers with Obama=Hitler signs. I can post a plethora of signs from Dem Partiers that carried Bush=Hitler signs.

It is idiotic to lump a party as racist because of a sign.

I thought we already talked about this... It is indeed idiotic to lump people together because of a sign, or to guestimate numbers out of one's behind.

It shouldn't be too difficult for most people to agree that signs comparing people to Hitler are inappropriate, that extremist rhetoric is troublesome and unnecessary, that we should all support our troops, etc.

Here's the video of the racist rant by the guy who was standing outside in Philly with the nightstick. It was on National Geographic. This wasn't at the polling place. I'm not sure if it was taped before or after the polling incident.

This guy is hilarious. I would dress up like BLack Panther and stand by his gig, and yell "RIGHT ON!!" or "KILL WHITEY" from time to time. (i'm white btw) Either that, or I'd knock his ass out.

This guy is hilarious. I would dress up like BLack Panther and stand by his gig, and yell "RIGHT ON!!" or "KILL WHITEY" from time to time. (i'm white btw) Either that, or I'd knock his ass out.

Either one sounds like fun:ols:

I wonder what his position is on programs that end in the death of at least half of the black children conceived here and the party that supports them?

Does he support racial genocide for blacks as well?

There are two parts to the Tea Baggers.

The first are the loons who think President Obama is a mooslim, not a legit president, a commie, hitler, etc. These people are the ones who give the Tea Baggers the biggest black eye and luckily I don't know anyone like this but they clearly exist because they are always front and center at some of the larger gatherings.

The other group are the people who now all of a sudden found religion and complain about government spending and taxes. Never a peep was heard from these "patriots" during the Bush years. Now all of a sudden they whine about everything. My future father in law (an otherwise very nice guy but Tea Bagger through and through) and his friends fall into this catagory. My fiance has asked me to refrain from talking politics with her dad so all my info on what he believes and such come from him just voicing an opinion on his own about something or talking to his friends while I'm around. I don't interject. I just listen and it's a riot listening to them whine about things like the country has gone to hell in the last year. They go to meetings and everything. It would be kind of cute if I thought it was sincere and not just a bunch of conservatives still pissed off they got their asses handed to them in the last two elections.

Yeah it will be interesting to see how big the tea party movement is and remains if Obama loses in 2012 or if he is eventually replaced by a Republican in 2016, and that Republican candidate continues to spend and run up the deficit just like every other President has. Will they be marching in the streets or will they all go back home and remain silent because suddenly spending "has stopped"

It's a bunch of bologna.

If anything the tea party movement will probably rescind back into the minuscule Ron Paul faction it was before Obama took office, and they will be shunned/ignored by mainstream Republicans once again, since the Republicans really just hi-jacked the tea party thing in the first place for party gain.

I don't think the Black Panther Party has enough leverage to make a billboard depicting the president of this country with Hitler. There is a difference between prejudice and racism, prefence and influence. This arguement has no merit. To even compare the two is crazy.

The first are the loons who think President Obama is a mooslim, not a legit president, a commie, hitler, etc. These people are the ones who give the Tea Baggers the biggest black eye and luckily I don't know anyone like this but they clearly exist because they are always front and center at some of the larger gatherings.

The other group are the people who now all of a sudden found religion and complain about government spending and taxes. Never a peep was heard from these "patriots" during the Bush years. Now all of a sudden they whine about everything. My future father in law (an otherwise very nice guy but Tea Bagger through and through) and his friends fall into this catagory. My fiance has asked me to refrain from talking politics with her dad so all my info on what he believes and such come from him just voicing an opinion on his own about something or talking to his friends while I'm around. I don't interject. I just listen and it's a riot listening to them whine about things like the country has gone to hell in the last year. They go to meetings and everything. It would be kind of cute if I thought it was sincere and not just a bunch of conservatives still pissed off they got their asses handed to them in the last two elections.

a fairly accurate breakdown, i dooo believe.

Liberal!!! Homophobe!! close minded!!! :)

Some people would think that liberals, must really like being on the receiving end of that act to mention it so often. :rolleyes:

well, to be fair.... we liberals only like it when it comes from 50 year old sailors.

Whats wrong with screaming I hate white people, kill their babies, screaming at black men for being out in public with non black women?

Whats wrong with a white SEIU member and a black liberal calling black man selling buttons,etc at a Tea Party rally in St Louis, an Uncle Tom,then beating him up when in reality the majority behave like they are afraid to think for themselves and leave the plantation that is the democratic party?

Next thing you know someone will post a video of the same guy giving props to Bin Laden for bombing us on 911, oh wait.

I'm glad that you are the definitive source on this.

The nuts that you are talking about are "front and center" because that is what the media looks for. Of course, that's a stupid idea...I mean, why would the media look for what would make a good, controversial story?

For the other group that you mentioned, some do fall into that. Myself? I went to a few tea parties when the whole "movement" began, but I have stayed away since because of the Republicans soiling it by getting involved with it.

Then again...I'm a hypocrite because I didn't speak up during the Bush years because I was a teenager (14-22) too concerned with being a kid, and not having a clue about anything that was going on.

I'm no genius, but I think the Tea Party is a culmination of bad Republican leadership being doubled-down upon by bad Democrat leadership.

Republicans were swept out of office because many tea partiers didn't show up to vote for something they didn't support. The Tea Party didn't exist in name, but it did exist in spirit.

In other words, the Tea Party won't go away just because Republicans gain a leadership position in the year 20XX. It'll only go away when some party steps forward and realizes that budget deficits matter, the rule of law matters and government isn't the solution to all of our problems, in fact is props up our societal problems.

When some real leader steps forward and understands this, he or she will potentially signal the end of the tea party in large numbers.

Not a bad analysis Wrong Direction

Though I believe the Tea Party folk intend to set agendas and refocus both parties priorities.(though certainly being mostly conservatives and libertarians they will impact the Reps the most..if not control)

Those that claim these people never existed nor spoke up must not have been watching closely over the last decade..the difference now is they are organizing to be heard.

disclaimer ...not a member,nor ever attended one.

In the Tea Party vs. New Blank Panther's "Deadliest Warrior" espisode, what weapons would the respective warriors use?

Well I think the preferred weapons of the Tea Party goer would be common sense, intelligence, and strong sense of patriotism to the USA..

the preferred weapons of the NBPP would be idiocy, thick ghetto fabulous accents and lets not forget the DOJ...

An Obama Nation... is an Abomination!!

black panthers. But black Muslims have them beat by a long shot

NCAA should call out their own people for being racist. They seen to think because they are black or Latino they cannot be racist

Racist goes both ways you go them in all races, it iw not exclusively a white thing

I'm guessing there's about a 100,000:1 ratio for TP members vs NBP members - and that's why this is a non story outside of Fox news.

Admittedly, I pulled those numbers out of my ass, but c'mon, don't you think it's a bit absurd to try to compare these two groups based on size and impact on the country in any meaningful way?

If it makes HH and Chickenfried feel better I think the Tea Party has gotten a bad rap from loud fringe groups that temporarily tried to make common cause with the Tea Party - I don't think joe average Tea Party member is racist.

I'm guessing there's about a 100,000:1 ratio for TP members vs NBP members - and that's why this is a non story outside of Fox news.

Admittedly, I pulled those numbers out of my ass, but c'mon, don't you think it's a bit absurd to try to compare these two groups based on size and impact on the country in any meaningful way?

I've given you two examples of the NBPP breaking laws to push their agenda. (Criminal trespass while armed at Duke, and intimidating voters in Philly.) What have the Tea Parties done that has such a dramatic impact? As far as I know, the only thing they've done is hold rallies.

And it's funny how you guys seem to insist on comparing Tea Party numbers to Panther numbers. Let's break it down a little more legitimately. Do you think there are more Panthers in this country, or more RACIST Tea Party members?

The gap narrows. Drastically.

Well I think the preferred weapons of the Tea Party goer would be common sense, intelligence, and strong sense of patriotism to the USA..

the preferred weapons of the NBPP would be idiocy, thick ghetto fabulous accents and lets not forget the DOJ...

An Obama Nation... is an Abomination!!

Booo!

To play along you have to make fun of both of these groups.

I've given you two examples of the NBPP breaking laws to push their agenda. (Criminal trespass while armed at Duke, and intimidating voters in Philly.) What have the Tea Parties done that has such a dramatic impact? As far as I know, the only thing they've done is hold rallies.

And it's funny how you guys seem to insist on comparing Tea Party numbers to Panther numbers. Let's break it down a little more legitimately. Do you think there are more Panthers in this country, or more RACIST Tea Party members?

The gap narrows. Drastically.

I am left to assume that most NBP members (if not all) are racist. I have no idea how many of them exist (a few thousand at best?) The guy on the video may not represent all of their views, but since the old BP members have denounced them it seems logical to assume that many of their members act/think like the idiot in their video.

I think very few Tea Party members are racist - in fact, I think most of the ones that did racist things/held racist signs/made racial statements at rallies were just nut jobs trying to bend the Tea Party cause to serve their own racist purposes.

That being said, how many Tea Part members are there (hundreds of thousands maybe?)

It probably IS close in total numbers, but then again, I don't believe for a second that the Tea Party as a group is "racist."

Do I want those NBP members arrested? Probably - what little I know seemed pretty damning. Do I know of anything illegal that the Tea Party has done? Nothing. Nada. Zilch.

All this being said, it still seems silly that anyone on the right is pointing at these guys saying "SEE. THE LEFT WONT REPORT ON THEM, BUT THEY CLAIM THE TEA PARTY IS RACIST." It's silly because the NBP is NOT RELEVANT. The Tea Party is. You're comparing a rowboat to a destroyer :silly:

So, here is an example of that fine "Tea Party" attitude:

"Tea Party Leader Condemns NAACP For Making ‘More Money Off Of Race Than Any Slave Trader Ever."

"WILLIAMS: You’re dealing with people who are professional race baiters, who make a very good living off this kind of thing. They make more money off of race than any slave trader ever. It’s time groups like the NAACP went to the trash heap of history where they belong with all the other vile racist groups that emerged in our history."

"Williams should know about professional racial baiting. Last year, he called called President Obama an “Indonesian Muslim turned welfare thug and a racist in chief.” And in February, he called Obama “our half white, racist president."

http://thinkprogress.org/2010/07/14/williams-naacp/

Archived