Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rotoworld: Vincent Jackson ... will remain available for trade (MET)

Mr.Skinbo

He was right in the aspect that it was just one personal attack traded for another. That said, I find guys like Slobber comical. It takes a lot to be a internet tough guy these days.

No he wasn't right and neither are you. And you're another slow learner (which is expanded upon later). Here's some of the stuff you're expected to know (because you agreed to read and learn the rules like everyone when they register) to post on ES: on this board we define "personal attack" very specifically. Long before you got here Art and other mods (including TK) would give seminars every now and then on the matter since certain kinds of people seem to struggle with reading those damn rules. Guess I'll do one since it's been awhile for me. :)

The rules describe how going after provocative posted comments, even harshly, is allowed when done within our guidelines. And it happens in numerous exchanges every day with no moderator interventions required as any normally functioning reader should be able to plainly see.

If done as described, there simply is no problem (which is how mods do it by the way since they truly know the rules, not that they are under the same restraints as you).

Note that the rules also state that making false accusation (like calling something a personal attack that isn't one) is a bannable offense itself. Which you just did. In fact, you violated rule 18 again, and since another mod banned you on the previous occasion, the second time is often permanent. If you're going to shoot your keyboard off with unsolicited ill-informed peanut-gallery perspectives on the rules, staff actions, or other board matters that are really none of your business, you better at least get the basics right.

Which brings us to my "slow-learner" comment. That was based on (with reasonable accuracy) your posted content, and is also not a "personal attack" about you as an individual off this message board. You have five rules violations from four moderators including a 6 month ban and yet here you are, once again sticking your nose in things.

Saying someone posted something stupid or that their post reads like it came from an idiot is perfectly allowed if done as described. Otherwise, message boards could be either a endless flaming cage match or a tea-and-crumpets book club. We want neither (that's mentioned in the rules too). And in the rules we advise people that if they're unsure, just opt for not being a smartass at all, and play it safe. It's all a choice.

Now, just as I mentioned to the other guy, it's not surprising people who struggle with such stuff are also ones who should be (but aren't) smart enough to not draw staff attention to their accounts. As I review yours, it is surprising we let your membership survive some of your earlier "issues."

I'm going to give you one more chance at survival if you want it. I'm even going to give you another break--I suggest you don't post another thing until you're really sure you understand the rules.

I have no hesitation being the brick wall special posters decide to dash their heads against. I assure you I will not be one who will put a pillow in front of that charging forehead.

(and I love the ground that can get covered in a thread too and still try to get back to topic---pure ES)

I have no hesitation being the brick wall special posters decide to dash their heads against. I assure you I will not be one who will put a pillow in front of that charging forehead.

If Gladiator was about ES, Russel Crowe would have said this.

If Gladiator was about ES, Russel Crowe would have said this.

Next thing you know, Jumbo will come in and say: "Are you not entertained?":silly:

As for the hints from TK, I've been clinging to this thread since it first popped up hoping for updates/trying to find out the Riddl-I mean TK's hints. :evilg:

Maybe it's not particuliarly the player we'd be going after in question, but the player we would have to give up in the process - ie a fan favorite?

That's something I thought of as well, but I hope it doesn't turn out that way...unless it's Fat Al of course.:evilg:

That's something I thought of as well, but I hope it doesn't turn out that way...unless it's Fat Al of course.:evilg:

Fan favorite and Fat Al don't really go together !

Al will not be traded at this point unless it involves a substantial bonus repayment IMO. I'm already on record as saying we should stay put and see what we really have here already playing in a better system with better QB play and actual pass blocking before we spend high draft picks on another "final piece".

I can't believe that after the past 10 years of what Redskins fans have had to go through, people are still advocating trading MORE draft picks away for high priced guys and forgetting about building depth across the board.

I like Jackson a lot, but we're never going to get better if we don't at least try and develop our own talent instead of trading other teams for their starters.

Couldn't agree more...I've been saying this for quite a while

For everyone touting VJax and saying our young receivers aren't up to par, let's just compare VJax's first 2 years in the league to Devin Thomas':

VJAX

2005 - 3 catches, 59yards, 0 tds

2006 - 27 catches, 453 yards, 6 tds

DT

2008 - 15 catches, 120 yards, 0 tds

2009 - 25 catches, 325 yards, 3 tds

YOU HAVE TO LET YOUR PLAYERS DEVELOP!!! Our WR's are fine, especially given our dynamic TE duo. As a high school football coach myself, I'm straight giddy over the mismatches they can create with those two and a third year devin thomas causing havoc through the middle of the field with Santana Mouse spreading the D on the deep ball.

For everyone touting VJax and saying our young receivers aren't up to par, let's just compare VJax's first 2 years in the league to Devin Thomas':

VJAX

DT

YOU HAVE TO LET YOUR PLAYERS DEVELOP!!! Our WR's are fine, especially given our dynamic TE duo. As a high school football coach myself, I'm straight giddy over the mismatches they can create with those two and a third year devin thomas causing havoc through the middle of the field with Santana Mouse spreading the D on the deep ball.

A lot of WR's have those same stats and never progress to the level of VJ.

Unfortunately I do. Basically two 1st rounders to Cincy for Ocho. :doh: The sadder part is fans wanted Vinny to do it. So glad Paul Brown is a bigger idiot than Vinny C.

No, the Maddenites wanted the skins to do it but the sane members known as skinsfans were vocal enough to save us.

VJAX

DT

Well this is the Redskins fan base ... We prefer to rant and rave about how the front office makes mistakes by not getting our own players to develop. However, when we actually do have players to develop ... they only get like half a season to do it, or we are pissed.

DT

Brandon Lloyd

2003 - 14 catches, 212 yards, 2tds

2004 - 43 catches, 565 yards, 6tds

What's your point? Sorry but you nor I are getting paid to coach these players. If Mike Shanahan, a proven 2 time SB winning coach, thinks DT and MK wont be what they are projected to be then who are we to disagree with him?

DT

Brandon Lloyd

What's your point? Sorry but you nor I are getting paid to coach these players. If Mike Shanahan, a proven 2 time SB winning coach, thinks DT and MK wont be what they are projected to be then who are we to disagree with him?

Gospel..........on a side note: our fans are semi-retarded sometimes.....

We got something in the garage. Some think its a Porche. Some think it might be a Pinto. Either way, no one really knows how mechanically sound it is. So you go kick some tires on a slightly used model.
Let me save some of you before you kill yourselves.

Its not TO.

What I'm referring to is something that's been in talks for awhile now. And I'm hoping it doesnt happen.

CAR-los Rogers !

I like him, but I wouldn't trade Moss for him. If Santana stays healthy this season, he will be one of the most dangerous deep threats in the league under Shanahan/McNabb.

I may be in the minority here, but I'm happy with the WRs on our roster right now.

Jackson, Moss, and Thomas would be pretty serious, though.

I am with you on this

Miles Austin would be incredible, but obviously Dallas isn't that stupid.

TO would be great for the low price.

Patrick Crayton? I would put my fist through a wall. We already have enough below average receivers on the roster. We don't need another.

DT

Brandon Lloyd

That was over a decade and a half ago. He is not infallible.

We are fans and if we see that same mistakes to the point that you can say meet the new boss same as the old boss.

If the Redskins do make a move to get him, hopefully we didn't give up the farm cough 1st rounders for him and it does result in something positive for us.

Archived