Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

renaissance does not understand: the love for lady gaga

renaissance

Lady Gaga cannot hold a Candle to Madonna. FOr the record I don't care for Madonna.
Because that is my opinion.

Madonna was fresh, new, shocked the industry, raised the bar.

Lady Gaga, is a cookie cutter of the industry to be "shockful". IMO, she is very unoriginal and doesn't really deserve the press she gets.

Who else in this industry is like Lady Gaga? Who?

Shirley Manson from Garbage? P!nk? Nah. She's much closer to Freddie Mercury glam-style. And it's HER style. That's the difference.

Fail x2.

Lady Gaga is the best pure pop singer to come out since Madonna, and anyone who's followed the industry more than pressing "seek" on their radios would tell you the same.

The woman is ridiculously talented. Ridiculously so. Her background, her ability to write (who else writes their songs today?), to produce, to orchestrate, and just BE is extremely difficult to top. I *HATED* her stuff and thought that she was crap at first, mostly because I'm an early 90's (Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, etc.) kind of guy, but when you look at the talent behind it, damn, she's one of my favorite artists today.

Fail x1. Just because YOU don't agree with what people say, does not make the other people wrong.

That is YOUR Opinion. Others are deserving of theirs as well. Sure you may have this view, which is your right. But you were not even a part of the time when Madonna came onto the scene, so all you are comparing to is what you have seen on what? The internet? VH1? MTV?

You went from the Grunge movement to Lady Gaga being one of your favorite artists?

Sorry, you lost all credibility with me! :saber:

OMG, I hate to say it... MCD5 got this one spot on. Though I think Pink is more talented.

She is another Pink. Or a female Marilyn Manson.

Gone in two years. Totally worthless.

Who else in this industry is like Lady Gaga? Who?

Shirley Manson from Garbage? P!nk? Nah. She's much closer to Freddie Mercury glam-style. And it's HER style. That's the difference.

She is not some revolutionary Pop, singer. Don't even try it. Her style? Seriously? Even her most popular stuff sounds like some beats I heard at the clubs when I was in college 15 years ago.

She is another Pink. Or a female Marilyn Manson.

Gone in two years. Totally worthless.

Great example.

Pink has now been around since 2000, still making Grammy nominated, multi-platinum albums (her last album is now 6x Platinum).

McD5 with another swing and a miss.

Great example.

Pink has now been around since 2000, still making Grammy nominated, multi-platinum albums (her last album is now 6x Platinum).

McD5 with another swing and a miss.

So, we probably shouldn't put Lady GaGa at the level of Pink then?

Lady Gaga is the best pure pop singer to come out since Madonna, and anyone who's followed the industry more than pressing "seek" on their radios would tell you the same.

The woman is ridiculously talented. Ridiculously so. Her background, her ability to write (who else writes their songs today?)

Lady Gaga isn't the best pop singer since Madonna. She's not even currently the best out there. Its Taylor Swift...by a mile. And don't try and say that she's country. She's more pop than country. And she also writes her own songs. And needless to say, they are infinitely better than that crap of Lady Gaga's.

Pink is not as good a singer.

The Manson comparison is absurd. That is a guy/girl entirely dependent on shock value. His talent level is extremely suspect. Plus you are talking about an entirely different style of music and sales focus.

Pink is not as good a singer.

The Manson comparison is absurd. That is a guy/girl entirely dependent on shock value. His talent level is extremely suspect. Plus you are talking about an entirely different style of music and sales focus.

And you are incorrect...IMO.

Minus the different styles of music with Lady GaGa and Manson. Duhhhh.

And you are incorrect...IMO.

Minus the different styles of music with Lady GaGa and Manson. Duhhhh.

It's not just different styles of music man. The target audience couldn't be more different. You really want to compare a questionable talent that target angry kids and immature adults to a pop singer that makes catchy dance songs? Might as well throw in a jazz musician while we are at it. Gaga doesn't get her fans by her style and she isn't goth.... Just dance which put her on the map featured none if those things. She also did a song with beyonce "videophone" which again had none of those things.

When is the last time you caught a manson doing three types of music genres? Classic (vocal and piano), pop, and r&b (with beyonce). All with different styles of dress and sounds?

Manson is a joke with no talent that depends in his "the world is out to get you" bulk**** to secure a cult following. Pop music is a total opposite.

too bad? She took the money road. She can make all the music she wants over a lifetime... making millions however is a window of opportunity. People can hate all they like but she did what any capitalist would do. Get paid while you can.

Oh I don't blame her. It's why I call Soulja Boy a genius. Crappy no talent music making cash.

Lady Gaga is so talented. Please.:ols:

Insert name here: "Alanis Morrisette is so talented."

"Jewel is so talented."

"Sarah McLachan is so talented."

See how that works?

Aside from Spartacus, who probably owns her entire cd set, can anyone really name a Sarah McLachlan song today? Who is going to see Sarah this Friday night?

Maybe a Sarah/Pink combo extravaganza?

Pink sucks so much, that she now has to do acrobatics to even get on stage. "Pink, your music sucks, and the novelty of the tattoos has worn off. Can you hang from the ceiling for us?"

And Lady Gaga?:ols: Yes, her song "Poker Face" is the anthem of an entire generation. Oh my sides hurt.

Lady Gaga is a joke. She is 10 minutes into her 15 minutes of fame, on her way to the depths of Courtney Love.

Alicia Keys=talent. Now there is a performer creating her own niche, with real vocal and musical ability, without the circus freak aspect to her.

Lady Gaga? Unbelievable. Please turn your man cards in immediately.

Manson is more the modern day Alice Cooper. Perhaps a bit less talented, but very similar as far as the act goes.

And if McD5 thinks that Lady Gaga is a flash in the pan, then that means she will be around for the next 20 years. :D

Lady Gaga is so talented. Please.:ols:

Insert name here: "Alanis Morrisette is so talented."

"Jewel is so talented."

"Sarah McLachan is so talented."

See how that works?

Aside from Spartacus, who probably owns her entire cd set, can anyone really name a Sarah McLachlan song today? Who is going to see Sarah this Friday night?

Maybe a Sarah/Pink combo extravaganza?

Pink sucks so much, that she now has to do acrobatics to even get on stage. "Pink, your music sucks, and the novelty of the tattoos has worn off. Can you hang from the ceiling for us?"

And Lady Gaga?:ols: Yes, her song "Poker Face" is the anthem of an entire generation. Oh my sides hurt.

Lady Gaga is a joke. She is 10 minutes into her 15 minutes of fame, on her way to the depths of Courtney Love.

Alicia Keys=talent. Now there is a performer creating her own niche, with real vocal and musical ability, without the circus freak aspect to her.

Lady Gaga? Unbelievable. Please turn your man cards in immediately.

Alicia Keys cd's have gotten steadily worse. Also her recent home-wrecking episode and being knocked up by Swizz Beatz of all people may hurt her. The "suits" glammed her up after her first cd when she was a musician at her piano o her most tour where she was in a cage on all fours.

Lady GaGa is talented. Even if she drops off the mainstream charts she'll have a home in clubland forever.

She's doing arenas now, and I can see her filling baseball/football stadiums in two years easy.

I think her image is a caricuture at the smack aimed at the images used to sell music. She was the most thing interesting in the "Telephone" video next to fine-azz Beyonce so she must be on to something right?

And if McD5 thinks that Lady Gaga is a flash in the pan, then that means she will be around for the next 20 years. :D

I was going to say, if McD5 is calling for the early demise of Lady Gaga's career, then I think we all know how this story is going to go from here.

Are there really men who like to listen to Lady Gaga?

You know Evan Turner is a big Lady Gaga fan, right?

I was going to say, if McD5 is calling for the early demise of Lady Gaga's career, then I think we all know how this story is going to go from here.

I was ----- That close from starting a "Lady Gaga's top appears in" thread...

Meh, it's all just music. Mozart was the pop music of his day. Plenty of Jazz is horrible. There is nothing particularly special about progressive rock unless you are stoned.

Ultimately, a good tune is a good tune, wherever it comes from. Poker Face is a good tune (albeit one that got overplayed).

Are you seriously trying to compare Mozart, possibly one of the most ingenious people to have ever lived, to pop music? By extension I suppose you'd consider Beethoven or Vivaldi to just be pop stars too :doh:

trust me, there are plenty of examples of terrible music in any genre. There were plenty of terrible baroque composers whom nobody knows about whose music will never be heard again because it was burned by royal decree :ols:. So you're defending one artist, Lady Gaga, on the basis that there are terrible artists within broad genres, fine. But now defend the merits of Lady Gaga's music against my specific criticism, you know, the part you neglected to quote.

What jazz are you talking about? Coltrane? Brubeck? Marsalis? Kenny G? Some jazz is great. Some jazz is just brutally awful. Progressive rock' date=' I think, is the worst form of popular music of the past century. I would rather listen to three hours of John Phillip Sousa marches than one Emerson, Lake, and Palmer record. So, your taste varies. Poker Face may not be your taste. But - I think - that it's pretty spectacular for what it is. Though I suspect that Bad Romance will be the song played at weddings in 30 years. That's really the only question concerning pop music. Will high schoolers know it 30 years? Everyone knows "Dancing Queen." No one knows "Me and You and a Dog Named Boo."[/quote']ELP is terrible. Just because something receives lots of radio airplay does not mean it is a wonderful work of art, and that is the great fallacy most people fall for when discussing music. again, read my response above, the same pretty much applies here word for word.

And to the dude cracking on Taylor Swift. Man, you're REALLY out to lunch. She's one of the more talented singers out there.

ummm, look at that picture closely and you'll realize that it was made as a commentary on Kesha, not TS :doh:

Archived