Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

renaissance does not understand: the love for lady gaga

renaissance

Her music is a little more interesting than the standard unimaginative crap the pop genre kicks out. She puts more thought into her videos and weird-o style. She's above average in talent for the pop genre as well. When you look at the sales numbers pop music enjoys and you consider someone that is a little better than most in all categories other than looks (cause she ugly yo) it makes sense that she'd be a hit.

Pop is not really all about talent though. Britney couldn't sing happy birthday without some "studio magic" but was a run away hit. She had big time production value and was hot. Was hot. Was. Katy Perry is an average singer and she can't dance to save her life.... but she's a dime and got famous singing about kissing girls. God bless lipstick lesbians.

Someone explain ke$ha to me? She can't sing, isn't good looking, can't dance from what I can tell... and her songs sound more like a drunk girls cell phone call to her girlfriend than music to me.

I have the same respect for her as I do Kid Rock, and it has nothing to do with their music.. I dislike both's music, however I believe they both write and perform their own work, and on top of that I believe they are both classically trained in multiple instruments. Pretty impressive when compared to a bunch of the crapp pawned off as musicians these days. So what if she dresses like an emo freakshow.

I can't figure out if she is making fun of everyone and just raking in the cash or if she really believes what she does is artistic.

I read an article about how she was discovered and her past - and it makes me feel like it is all an act and she is making fun of everyone.

Overall - she is werid.

Her music is very catchy. There is nothing wrong with it. It's well crafted pop.

Everyone likes different things in music. The same guy who complains about Lady Gaga will happily listen to hours of horrible Nashville stuff by Carrie Underwood or Brad Paisley... or maybe hours of Yngwie Malmstein playing boring repetitive scales really fast... or even *gasp* hours of Bob "I'm the worst thing that ever happened to music" Seger belching his drivel.

Pop music always gets attacked. It's just the way it is.

This girl is a bona fide genius. You are talking about her, so that alone proves that she is not your run of the mill pop singer. This is not Britney Spears. Let me repeat "this is not Britney Spears". Girl is nice, sexual, and very confident. She matches to the beat of her drumer. She is original. I know people compare her to Madona, and that is a great compliment. She has a long way to go to be the next Madona, but like the Material Girl, she oozes talent. Listen to her songs, they are not about the guy who left her, or being used like a piece of meat for our amusement.

I have the same respect for her as I do Kid Rock, and it has nothing to do with their music.. I dislike both's music, however I believe they both write and perform their own work, and on top of that I believe they are both classically trained in multiple instruments. Pretty impressive when compared to a bunch of the crapp pawned off as musicians these days. So what if she dresses like an emo freakshow.

I didn't know that Lady Gaga was like that. Hard to hate Kid Rock. Hit the scene as a DJ (a damn good one), then starts rapping to rock music, then sings for the hell of it. He didn't sell out his image by trying to be anything but a crazy redneck. Got to love that.

I doubt she fades in oblivion anytime soon, barring a breakdown of Britney proportions.

The girl is just plain hungry. Tours virtually non-stop, and has another album already in post production. Much like the rest of her career, this has been carefully planned.

As for her music it's hard to debate her success. One full length and one EP has given around 7 singles. That's really solid. Many artist are fortunate to have two singles get significantly over per album.

Furthemore her videos show a real sense of creativity that illustrates the sheer amount of effort put into a production. A couple of these videos are like a short film (paparazzi and the second video for telephone). Very impressive.

Personally I love her sense of style. Now it is very over the top at times, but it certainly begs attention. It's no accident that she is pictured in magazines and on television on an almost daily basis. She also has a fine body that those dance moves really accentuate.

The final point I would like to add is that she works damn hard in concert and wants to give the audience a good show. I saw her last September in Richmond, and was impressed. She did not lip-synch whatsoever, sounded great, and had some nice dance moves to back it up.

In summation I could see how someone may not like her music, or perhaps feel she is overexposed. But she is likely going to continue doing this for quite some time.

Lady Gaga is actually pretty damn good for what her music is supposed to be.

First, let's consider this: she's not some random manufactured pop machine like a Keisha or any other vapid auto-tuned singer. She's a classically trained pianist and singer, she attended a year of school at the Tisch School of the Arts in New York before quitting, and she grew up dancing and writing music. She also helps produce a lot of her own stuff. So it's not like she has a team of people making everything for her and just handing her a microphone to go lip sync on stage.

You also have to give her credit for how creative she is with her music videos and performances. Some of them are pretty weird, but for her to keep coming back with something that different every time is pretty impressive. Plus it shows it's just great marketing for her.

I took an elective class in my freshmen year of college, History of Music in America or something similar to that title, and the professor was a guy who wrote a lot of music, played in a couple bands, and even led a small performance orchestra in the Tampa area. He was also an avid pop music fan, and would always say that Kelly Clarkson's song "Since You Been Gone" was the definition of a great, current pop hit- short and to the point, had a really catchy chorus, simple verses with a good background instrumental, etc.

I'm not big into pop music, I don't hate it just for being "pop" although it's not a genre I have very much of on my iTunes, but I seriously think Lady Gaga's "Pokerface" is one of the best "pop" songs that has come out in a really long time.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZimIWLEXb4&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZimIWLEXb4&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

The only reason I could see Lada Gaga not being around 10 years from now is because she just flames out from exhaustion from how much work she actually does, or does something really bizarre like quits suddenly.

I do not understand it either.

Pop music is always a mystery to me. It's like the worst "talent" out there is always thrust to the top.

~Bang

I disagree with that.

The beatles and the beach boys would be perfect examples of that. Those bands were pop.. you can argue that they were psych groups this and that but the fact of the matter is they made it as pop bands, and got bigger than anyone could have ever dreamed of getting. but then you could argue that the general population 'back then' was more in touch with 'good' music. Anyways..........

Just because you aren't technically as talented as some of the finest jazz fusion groups, doesn't mean that you aren't talented. See bands like the Cardigans. That band is flat out pop, and extremely talented. BUT I see where you're going with that. However, it's impossible to say that Lady Gaga is down there with the worst of musical talent because she completely owns the airwaves and the club scene across this country and world, she's got at least one talented bone in her body....she can sing her little hind-parts off. And you gotta think, the majority of the people in this country, and on the earth most likely, don't hold music as high as you and I might. These people aren't going to go dig for music to listen to like I do. These people don't sit down at night, stare at the ceiling and lose themselves in Franz Liszt like some of us do. These people like what's catchy, and what 'sounds cool' and what's readily available to them via FM radio and Sam Goody or whatever the hell the CD store is called now... and what might be a little bit different than the Beyonce record they just listened to. It's like Keeping up with the kardashians....except it's music.

I don't get it either. She's an awful singer. And she's hideous-looking. Then again, I don't get the fascination with the Bieber kid, either.

Looks don't really factor in to whether someone's a talented musician or not.

And Bieber is just easy marketing to teen girls. There's nothing else to "get" there. That's not the same as what Lady Gaga brings to the table.

I am a huge fan of Lady Gaga, and the primary reason for that is, she can actually sing, as this video proves. Britney Spears, Katy Perry, etc, are not good singers. They got the looks, but they just can't sing, period. So basically Britney Spears is gone, and she ain't coming back. Now, as for lady gaga, she'll last till she's in her 40's because of her vocals. She'll change with the times if need be (like Madonna), but she'll not just survive but become even more popular. Also, her songs are pretty catchy.

NM51qOpwcIM

Archived