Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Sirius Blitz (Best Oline in NFC East?)

Bigmuss1

Just listening to the NFL Blitz and Mills says we have the best O-line in the NFC east. With the addition of Brown, which he claims is the trade of the year, we will be the best running team in the division.

The entire conversation was started from an eagles fan calling in and saying "he hates to say it, but Redskins will sweep philly this year."

For whatever reason, as I was driving in my car, I started to get real excited about 2010 after I heard these comments. Adam Schein and Mills were both in agreement we are the most solid.

It was the first time I heard positive news about our o line in awhile!!

:dallasuck

the Brown trade was huge. I think looking at our OL before he was added and since really gives a good idea of the potential of this trade. This OL group is night and day when compared with last years group, IMO.

Granted tho, Trent is a question mark right now, Brown we don't know how he'll fare yet, Mike Williams/Hicks is a question mark too. Dock is ok, but will he do well in Shanny's scheme? And then Rabach will only fare about as well as the guards on either side.

So while there certainly is reason to be optimistic over this OL group and on paper they look to be an improvement over last year (couldn't get much worse), there still are serious questions so for me my optimism is still reserved for now.

Up until we got Brown, I thought we improved marginally at best at the Oline. I don't expect Williams to be as good as Samuels right away. There were also questions about Mike Williams and if he can really come back (I think he can, but he has not proven it yet). I don't know much about Hicks, but to me he sounds like a solid but not great player. Derrick Dockery isn't known for his athleticism and ability to run, and everyone is saying that is what succeeds in Shanahan's offense.

So, right now, for people to say that we clearly have the best Oline must be saying something bad about the others in the NFC East.

the Brown trade was huge. I think looking at our OL before he was added and since really gives a good idea of the potential of this trade. This OL group is night and day when compared with last years group, IMO.

Granted tho, Trent is a question mark right now, Brown we don't know how he'll fare yet, Mike Williams/Hicks is a question mark too. Dock is ok, but will he do well in Shanny's scheme? And then Rabach will only fare about as well as the guards on either side.

So while there certainly is reason to be optimistic over this OL group and on paper they look to be an improvement over last year (couldn't get much worse), there still are serious questions so for me my optimism is still reserved for now.

I should have just waited for you to make the points for me.

Awesome!

I think the McNabb trade was the biggest of the year, but Jammal was definitely the steal of the year.

Thinking about it, I think I have to agree that we have the best o-line. The Giants have been falling apart since the superbowl (as have the Cowboys') and the Eagles' just isn't that good.

I am optimistic and I think Trent will be an elite player.

It's funny how everyone said our line would take years to fix :ols:

We could use a center in a year or two, but I like where we're at for this year. If we don't perform, it won't be because of the o-line.

Good stuff to hear.

We are certainly the most improved, because we only had one way to go = UP!!

I think we have great potential, but still a few of questions and hopes to be answered.

144_nixon-success.gif

I can't wait until TC at the least, to see how our new O-Line shapes up.

Reality is all of OLines in the NFC East are/were getting old. Ours just broke down sooner then the others. The rest do, potentially, have people to plug and play but you have no idea how they'll manage (Doug Free?). I was saying for awhile sooner or later the other 3's teams lines would fall apart.

that is great news to read...and i hope it is true..but I always thought Philly has had the top Olines in the past (hate to say it!!)...I hope we are better this upcoming year and the future years ...and I really hope Philly is on the decline/suck ASS!!!!!

3 new starters, new offense, new blocking scheme. As unimpressed as I am with the other units in the East, its pretty early to pick one as the best.

The Giants OL seemed to get old in a hurry last year, but maybe most of that can be attributed to Jacobs underperforming. I think they're pretty confident in their new RT. With Snee and O'Hara and Seubert and Deihl, the unit as a whole could have a bounce back type season.

The Eagles had a terrible year last year in terms of injuries on the OL, and losing a perennial superstar like Andrews the way they did had to be tough on the psyche of the whole club. Peters and Jackson are solid, Herremans is finally getting some respect, but they've been trying to upgrade that spot for years. Justice and whoever the other guard is don't impress me at all. Again, its too early to judge, but I had to pick the worst unit in the East, I'd pick this one.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I don't think the Cowboys will miss Adams much. But one injury could be devastating to that team, and you always get at least one injury. If they end up with Barron starting a bunch of games, or Kosier playing C with a scrub at G, they're in serious trouble.

So the Redskins OL to me is right in the hunt. There are just too many moving parts to have much confidence. If I had to rank them right now, I'd say Giants, Redskins, Cowboys, Eagles.

I think you have to think the line is better than last year . I am more confident with this unit than I was at any point last year even before we see what we have with Trent Williams .

We have more of a plan in terms of depth and there are no players considering retirement or with career ending injury worries (as we had with both Samuels and Thomas)

What happened to the "Shannahan" O-line of smaller quicker personnel. Our guys are all 6'6' and 350lbs. Does that seem right? HTTR

All our oline can move. You don't need small linemen per se to run ZBS, you just need mobile linemen which is what we have, and why we went with Silverback over Okung.

What happened to the "Shannahan" O-line of smaller quicker personnel. Our guys are all 6'6' and 350lbs. Does that seem right? HTTR

Sounds like we have the ingredients for a massive, mauling o-line. I just hope our running backs can take advantage.

From worst to first without the first ball being hiked in pre-season, ah-pass. I do think both Hick and Brown were great pick-ups and Williams could be the real deal, but the OL will take some gel time at the least. Let alone who knows how well they can play together in this new scheme. I just think they will be good, but patience is key here.

Archived