Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Sirius Blitz (Best Oline in NFC East?)

Bigmuss1

From worst to first without the first ball being hiked in pre-season, ah-pass. I do think both Hick and Brown were great pick-ups and Williams could be the real deal, but the OL will take some gel time at the least. Let alone who knows how well they can play together in this new scheme. I just think they will be good, but patience is key here.

I think O-Line is a little easier to speculate on correctly. After all, didn't everyone predict our line was old and injury prone last year. Got that one right!!!

..especially with steelers loosing their starting Right tackle for the year i am getting even more excited about our o-line.

Even if by some bad luck Williams gets hurt or is ineffective at LT, we have a probowl level LT that can just slide in and enough depth to fill the holes that are left.

This team is geared to make a run at the superbowl. I am excited to see what could happen.

Best? Thats a reach IMO. Maybe... on paper. On second thought, not even that. What we have is alot of unproven potential... and until I see it work on the field, I'm not holding my breath.

McNabb will help the unit with quick reads, But Trent is a "?", Dock was never good without a solid tackle next to him, so he is a "?" too. Rabach.... enaough said. :(

Not sure who will win the battles in camp, but BMW and Brown look to be locks for the right side. BMW was mildly impressive last year, and Brown is another "?" with his injury.

I think those talking heads were a little off base.

dude, nooooooooooooo!!

I am not saying we're heading to the superbowl next year.. but this team is definitely being set up by the FO to make a run in the next 3 years.

When you bring in a veteran QB, veteran RBs, a lot of depth on o-line... that's the idea.

Weather or not this will work is debatable at this point.. but at least we're moving in the right direction.

The Giants OL seemed to get old in a hurry last year, but maybe most of that can be attributed to Jacobs underperforming. I think they're pretty confident in their new RT. With Snee and O'Hara and Seubert and Deihl, the unit as a whole could have a bounce back type season.

The Giants' OLine looked old because of the injuries they were playing with. Yes, I know that all OLinemen play with injuries. But, 3 of the starting 5 required offseason surgery. That is the key with the Giants. Can they come back from surgeries and bring their game to the level they were playing at. Not sure.

And btw, Jacobs had I believe 2 offseason surgeries. Same questions for him.

I think O-Line is a little easier to speculate on correctly. After all, didn't everyone predict our line was old and injury prone last year. Got that one right!!!

But this is basically a new OL and it will take some time to gel, I am starting to think that Joe Buges was over the hill himself as last years line was horrible. Obviously the team has added some players, but those guys have never played together. If this line is not tremendously better than last year I would be surprised. Just give it some time.

One thing is for sure... if any of our RBs can drink from the fountain of youth and perform to the level that they USED to, then this team will be a monster when it comes to running the ball! If we go right, we will have Jammal Brown and BMW, and left we have Silverback and Dockery. These are ALL big, mobile, punishing run-blockers!

Who knows about the pass-pro, but the run-blocking should be strong, strong, strong!

My only real worry at this point is how Silverback holds up as a rookie against the pass rushers he is going to face this year. Trent Cole, DeMarcus Ware, Justin Tuck, Dwight Freeney, Mario Williams, Julius Peppers, Jared Allen.... I mean, if this isn't murderer's row, then I don't know what is. Welcome to the NFL, Trent Williams! If he holds up well against this cast of DEs, he will be a serious pro-bowl consideration!

I feel the pride coming back, in the last three weeks I've seen more Redskins shirts and hats then I've seen in a long time. Now that could be that some Skins fans are just vacationing here in Summers County (with pipestem, and bluestone state parks all close by) or it could be they've dusted off new digs and are now showing them proudly. can't wait for Game 1 Bring on them Cowboys!

Thanks for all the comments on the post, like I said, it was good to be driving and finally hear some positive news about our team. It has been long time, at least it seems that way, to hear a radio personality not slam our team. I still have the wait and see approach to this years O-Line, but there seems to be some potential. The past couple of years it has been nothing but injuries, maybe this could be the start of something good.

If Dockery wasn't such a misfit for the scheme and Rabach no better than average, I'd be more inclined to agree.

NYG probably still have the best OL, followed by a toss up between the Skins and Boys with the Eagles in last place (but not by much).

I love finally hearing some positives about our team. It's been a minute! :silly: I definitely think our line is much more a strentght with the addition of Brown. And I think we'll sweep Philthy too....and Giants.........and especially the Girls! HTTR! :point2sky
Gotta say I agree :point2sky

..especially with steelers loosing their starting Right tackle for the year i am getting even more excited about our o-line.

Even if by some bad luck Williams gets hurt or is ineffective at LT, we have a probowl level LT that can just slide in and enough depth to fill the holes that are left.

This team is geared to make a run at the superbowl. I am excited to see what could happen.

dude, nooooooooooooo!!
This team is geared to win period! This is NOT a 4-12 team, this is a playoff team that a 4-12 coach took down hill for 2 seasons.

Real leaders are at the helm now, on the field and on the sidelines, with D-Mac and the Shanahans. If we stay healthy, this team will be playing post season games, and Anything can happen from there.

I'm not skeered to say it, The Redskins have just as good of a chance to play in SuperBowl 45, as anyone else in this league. The Beast of the East is back! GO REDSKINS!

Just listening to the NFL Blitz and Mills says we have the best O-line in the NFC east. With the addition of Brown, which he claims is the trade of the year, we will be the best running team in the division....................................................................................................................................................................

It was the first time I heard positive news about our o line in awhile!!

I don't agree that we have the best OL in the NFC East, even on paper.

But, i think we'll have just as good a shot as any team in the East to compete for that title.

The Giants OL is a year removed from being one of the best in the league and even last year, which was considered a down year, were pretty good.

The Eagles OL is much bemoaned they're not a solid run blocking unit but that proly has as much to do with the philosophy of the coach as talent.

But, there pass protection is pretty solid.

The Cowboys don't have the best pass blocking unit out there but there run blocking is road-grader level.

As far as the Skins being the best running team in the division; i think that's far more likely.

Shanahan and Bobby Turner bring their highly successful 1 cut ZBS and a commitment to the running game, which will be unrivaled in the NFC East with Reid/Garrett clearly favoring the pass the Giants having an identity crisis.

Shanahan/Turner's expertise coupled with the upgrades on the starting OL with Trent Williams and Jamal Brown a healthier/football ready Mike Williams making the move to OG fulltime and the upgrade of depth with Heyer returning to his role as depth swing OT and the addition of Artis Hicks as depth swing OG/OT gives me a lot of condifence in the OL and in the running game.

I think this unit has the potential to be the best or certainly 2nd best in the division (I think when healthy the Giants are probably tops) but good health is a must.

What surprises me, and maybe someone can explain this to me, is why Williams is slated at LT and Brown is going to be at RT. Silverback played RT at OU and Brown has primarily been a LT, not to mention that LT is DMac's backside and it's critical that he stays healthy.

Then you have Dockery, Rabach, Hicks/BMW inside - depending how fast they gel that could be a formidable OL. Keep in mind what Shanny did with a small OL in Denver using the ZBS.

Changes from last year

GM: Vinny out, B. Allen in

coach: Zorn out, Shanny in

QB: JC out, McNabb in

LT: Levi Jones out, Silverback in

RT: Heyer out, Jamaal Brown in

I'd say those are some huge positive changes. Can't wait for September 12th! :logo:

One thing is for sure... if any of our RBs can drink from the fountain of youth and perform to the level that they USED to, then this team will be a monster when it comes to running the ball! If we go right, we will have Jammal Brown and BMW, and left we have Silverback and Dockery. These are ALL big, mobile, punishing run-blockers!

Who knows about the pass-pro, but the run-blocking should be strong, strong, strong!

My only real worry at this point is how Silverback holds up as a rookie against the pass rushers he is going to face this year. Trent Cole, DeMarcus Ware, Justin Tuck, Dwight Freeney, Mario Williams, Julius Peppers, Jared Allen.... I mean, if this isn't murderer's row, then I don't know what is. Welcome to the NFL, Trent Williams! If he holds up well against this cast of DEs, he will be a serious pro-bowl consideration!

I forget who originally pointed it out, but don't forget he lined up against our very own Orakpo in the Big 12. I think he did pretty well against him too, can anyone find some stats on that? (I tried).

I'm STOKED to see our run game in action this year. And hey, even if our pass blocking isn't stellar, if we can set up a good play-action game, then we can just let McNabb rip it deep like he's been great at.

I forget who originally pointed it out, but don't forget he lined up against our very own Orakpo in the Big 12. I think he did pretty well against him too, can anyone find some stats on that? (I tried).

I might be wrong, but I could have sworn that I heard someone say that the two of them played on opposite sides of the field from one another.

Archived