Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Entourage Season 7

MattFancy

I thought last season ended well. Hopefully they can keep it up. I heard this may be the last season. Then they're supposed to make a movie out of it.

I can't imagine that being even a half-way decent movie. I can't even think of what the movie would be about. An average Entourage episode is about 22 or 23 minutes long, and most don't have significant plots. No way could they successfully do a 120 minute film with a real plot with these characters.

It would be like the Sex & City movie but even more brainless and pointless.

I'm ultimately torn on Entourage. It's a terribly acted show with awful characters outside of Jeremy Piven (who basically plays a pumped up version of himself), Adrian Grenier in particular is laughably bad as a supposed megastar actor, and at its core it's a completely shallow celebration of every stereotypical douchebag trait that we all hate to see from guys in real life.

And yet I keep coming back, because the cars are cool, the soundtrack is usually pretty good, the women are beautiful, and I can never get enough of Ari absolutely destroying somebody in a meeting or over the phone.

Personally, I hope this is the last season, just so I can finally break out of this cycle.

I'm ultimately torn on Entourage. It's a terribly acted show with awful characters outside of Jeremy Piven (who basically plays a pumped up version of himself), Adrian Grenier in particular is laughably bad as a supposed megastar actor, and at its core it's a completely shallow celebration of every stereotypical douchebag trait that we all hate to see from guys in real life.

And yet I keep coming back, because the cars are cool, the soundtrack is usually pretty good, the women are beautiful, and I can never get enough of Ari absolutely destroying somebody in a meeting or over the phone.

Personally, I hope this is the last season, just so I can finally break out of this cycle.

Could not agree more, except I would add that Drama is the other great character.

is Sloan gonna be back? :drool:

Yes. They also added Dania Ramirez. :drooley:

Very weak opening episode IMO.

Agreed. Normally the openers are one of their strongest episodes of the season.

Ari was as soft and mellow as I can remember him being, Turtle make a clumsy move on a dumb employee of his (now there's a storyline I'd like- Turtle facing a sexual harassment suit), and Vince had to figure out a way to not look like a giant wuss.

To me, Ari was the biggest letdown though.

I thought last night's espiside was ok. I hate that it seemed like it started to get good towards the end and now we have to wait 2 weeks to see it all play out. The one thing I don't like about Entourage is that the episodes take so long to build up and then when it finally starts getting good, the episode is over.

I am disappointed that we didn't get any T&A in the first episode. :(

that Puerto Rican chick that Turtle tried to kiss is one of the TOP 5 SEXIEST WOMEN ALIVE. hands down. i'd give a month's salary for 20 minutes with her. If i remember correctly, that was Tony Soprano's son's girlfriend.

I can't imagine that being even a half-way decent movie. I can't even think of what the movie would be about. An average Entourage episode is about 22 or 23 minutes long, and most don't have significant plots. No way could they successfully do a 120 minute film with a real plot with these characters.

It would be like the Sex & City movie but even more brainless and pointless.

kinda the same boat as you, but I enjoy Entourage. Yes, acting outside of Piven and some other supporting cast members with a history of tv/film work, is pretty bad, plot is weak or a complete oversight in some episodes, but I keep tuning in for the chicks, the cars, the cameos, the music and Ari, especially when Llyod is in a scene with him (that might change now that Llyod is an agent). Those early Ari blow ups have mad me a fan, and to tell the truth, I could care less if they canceled Entourage, as long as they spun off the Ari Gold Show, I would be happy.

So yes there is much to be critical of, but I am just going to sit back and enjoy the rest of this ride until the show is over. I read internet reports that this is the final "season" with another 6 episodes planed in either a season 8 or season 7 part 2 and then a movie is scheduled. I'm not holding my breathe for an Entourage movie, I suspect it will be out around the same time as the Sopranos movie which will be sometime around never.

I am disappointed that we didn't get any T&A in the first episode. :(

that Puerto Rican chick that Turtle tried to kiss is one of the TOP 5 SEXIEST WOMEN ALIVE. hands down. i'd give a month's salary for 20 minutes with her. If i remember correctly, that was Tony Soprano's son's girlfriend.

you are correct sir. on both points, being one of the 5 hottest women alive and playing AJ Sopranos girlfriend in the last few seasons of The Sopranos.

Yesterday's episode wasn't bad as it did open up some potential plotlines for future episodes. I think you'll see Ari's personal life with his family suffer, with his wife possibly filing for a divorce or something. I thought about the idea of Turtle getting sued for sexual harassment too, that would be a riot. That Alex chick is hot beyond belief too.

My problem is I have no idea WTF Vince is doing, did they even explain the movie he was shooting? I thought he was doing a movie about the guy who created the Ferrari? Now he's running around with a gun and doing stunts?

In all honesty the best seasons were 2-3 when there was a lot of conflict surrounding Vince, like Aquaman, Medeillen, etc. There just seems to be too much focus on the other characters now. I still like the show but it's definitely on its last legs, and I have no idea how a movie would work.

Yesterday's episode wasn't bad as it did open up some potential plotlines for future episodes. I think you'll see Ari's personal life with his family suffer, with his wife possibly filing for a divorce or something. I thought about the idea of Turtle getting sued for sexual harassment too, that would be a riot. That Alex chick is hot beyond belief too.

You might be on to something with Ari...

ya, he annoys his wife with a lot of his BS, then tries to make up for it by taking her on getaways and buying her expensive things, which might be getting old.

Whatever happens, I hope we get a lot of Ari this season. He's one of the funniest characters on television. I loved him in "Very Bad Things."

• 2 weeks later...

well i feel like i can see where this season is going already.

ari and his wife are going to get a divorce and he'll make a run at owning the football team in la. vince is taking on more of a daredevil role and will leave the boys behind. drama will finally get a movie role with the help of e. only one i'm unsure of is turtle

MF, good synopsis...it wouldn't shock me if you're right on the money with every prediction you just made.

The actress who plays the agent (Autumn Reeser) is hot (I just wanted to add that).

Anyway, this is such a fun show. It doesn't really matter what the end game is, it's just fun to watch the journey each season. The dynamic between the characters is all I really care about.

MF, good synopsis...it wouldn't shock me if you're right on the money with every prediction you just made.

The actress who plays the agent (Autumn Reeser) is hot (I just wanted to add that).

Anyway, this is such a fun show. It doesn't really matter what the end game is, it's just fun to watch the journey each season. The dynamic between the characters is all I really care about.

I do enjoy the show, but this season has been blah for me so far. Nothing really interesting or exciting. Seems like all the action has been Ari so far.

Archived