Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DetNews: Marko Mitchell released by Lions

Sweet Sassy Molassy

Lions release WR Marko Mitchell

As the Lions wrap up their offseaon with the final day of a mandatory minicamp, they've made at least one roster move, releasing receiver Marko Mitchell.

Mitchell was an intriguing big target the Lions claimed off waivers in early May, but he struggled to show much during OTAs. And without adding anything on special teams, he wasn't going to make the roster.

We'll see if this move clears room to sign another player like safety Randy Phillips, who was here on a three-day tryout.

From The Detroit News: http://apps.detnews.com/apps/blogs/lionsblog/index.php?blogid=2182#ixzz0rtL83iBF

:evilg:

I had high hopes for him last year and ****ed and moaned that he was not getting any PT, guess the coaches know more than I do...go figure. 0-2, will be hard for him to catch on other than practice squad somewhere. With his height, he must have a big problem understanding and running routes or has devloped a case of the stone hands...

Lions release WR Marko Mitchell

As the Lions wrap up their offseaon with the final day of a mandatory minicamp, they've made at least one roster move, releasing receiver Marko Mitchell.

Mitchell was an intriguing big target the Lions claimed off waivers in early May, but he struggled to show much during OTAs. And without adding anything on special teams, he wasn't going to make the roster.

We'll see if this move clears room to sign another player like safety Randy Phillips, who was here on a three-day tryout.

Wow I guess Shanny really did KNOW what he was doing when they released Marko after all imagine that :wink: Hopefully Marko can catch on somewhere else. Best of luck to him.

Archived