Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ryanohalloran - Former Redskins QB Brunnell files for bankruptcy

c4man5282

Still very little understanding of what is going on.

Mark's cash on hand is not the issue.

The issue is Champion LLC or whatever it was called does not have the dollars coming in that are going out. Chapter 11 bankruptcy allows for a business organization to stop paying creditors while it reorganizes. Champion LLC is what is in trouble, and since it is a Limited Liability Company, Mark's personal finances are not at stake.

As I said previously, Mark still has money. His business was going to fail and this is a way to protect assets. Creditors will get paid almost nothing compared to the amount he owes, and Mark can do it again in 7 years.

Did everyone on here freak out when some of Snyder's organizations filed bankruptcy?

The issue is Champion LLC or whatever it was called does not have the dollars coming in that are going out. Chapter 11 bankruptcy allows for a business organization to stop paying creditors while it reorganizes. Champion LLC is what is in trouble, and since it is a Limited Liability Company, Mark's personal finances are not at stake.

As I said previously, Mark still has money. His business was going to fail and this is a way to protect assets. Creditors will get paid almost nothing compared to the amount he owes, and Mark can do it again in 7 years.

Did everyone on here freak out when some of Snyder's organizations filed bankruptcy?

Thank you. In the mad rush to judgment, MB has been labeled everything from a dumb-ass to irresponsible and beyond. This is why I try not use summery judgement on people as a standard.

Exactly - not to mention he's still knocking down $1.5M, I'm sure Mark is going to be ok, this isn't an MC Hammer out on the street broke in debt situation that some people are making it out to be. This happens in business all the time.

I'm guessing he personally is not bankrupt, and that it is simply the corporation he owned went bankrupt. If anything Brunell was extremely smart for forming a LLC so that the liabilities he had in his business ventures wouldn't spill over and affect his personal income that wasn't invested in real estate.

This. Guys, it's not 1900 anymore, bankruptcy happens in many different ways and for different reasons, even when you have major assets. I don't know how liquid Brunell is but he may still be rich by any American standard.

I like that someone finally got to that point because bankruptcy for millionaires is different than the person who is defaulting on all their loans and makes 35 K a year.

good job rushing to judgment just to try and get an insult in guys.

as MasterBlaster pointed out, this is a business bankruptcy, NOT a personal one.

I wonder if Brunell had done better here if there would be so many to kick the man while they thought he was down. Is this really what ESers want, take everything at face value (or reading the title only and reacting) and reserve sympathy only for players who did really well here. If this was Cooley or Fletcher I doubt these jokes would occur.

Stay classy fellas! It's so easy to rip a player who's finances we are jealous of, many did not like and overexaggerated the bad play, and now we think has made a mistake in life. Go get him guys! He deserves it?

... and It's a reorganization Bankruptcy! It's amazing, how much some readers can tell about a person from a thread title!

Bankruptcy=dumb-ass. :silly:

I was thinking the same thing there is a reason its called Bankruptcy protection.. A strategic BK is a smart move sometimes, One rule to go by is you always file before you need to, Just watch BP in the months to come they will wipe out all share holders and be left with a company that is still viable.. So maybe Brunnell did the right thing...

I AM WAITING FOR THE DAY WHEN THAT FAT AL HAYNESWORTH goes bankrupt!!! I have never hated any active redskins player more than this ba**ard

I'm with you on this! And he WILL go bankrupt. The guy is clearly an idiot. All that money he has stolen in the last 15 months and he cannot pay a $2.3 million dollar loan!

Archived