Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DMN: Spagnola: Romo Reducing All The Noise

tr1

You know how many playoff games the Cowboys have won since Wade took over? 1. You know how many playoff games the Cowboys have won over the last 12 years? 1. You know how many playoff games the Redskins have won over that same time period? 2.

Yeah, you guys keep racking up the victories in September and October lol :thumbsup:...and once every 10 years or so you might win a wildcard game, and then you'll say "they got far enough for me!" :thumbsup:

Califan goes for the jugular. :rotflmao: ;)

Again, most puke 'fans' will tell you they've won six playoff games in the last dozen years...just ask one...:rotlfmao:

Frankly, they pukes are the most overpaid, underachieving team in the last 12 years...and THAT's saying something.

Damned pathetic.

Maybe they'll see the Eagles in a playoff game this year, too.

Ha!

Would someone please call TRPB and the rest of the Cowboy fans and let them know TR1 is back and its all right for them to return.

Hap, thanks for picking up the slack in the news department.

Big job, big shoes to fill.

Thanks for being there.

:notworthy:

The only reason I am glad hes back is because more Cowboys news is posted here than anything else. We love Tony Romo sits to pee 1.

You know, try some originality.

That some pretty boring, well worn stuff.

Thanks in advance.

He has passion for his team? Is that why he went to Cabo while Eli Manning was practicing and watching film?

This really isn't a valid comparison. Romo sits to pee "practiced and watched film" on a bye week while Eli prepared to play TB in the WC game. The Cowboys had the weekend off and Romo sits to pee took a couple hour flight to relax with his girlfriend, her family, and his best friend. Eli played a game and they both hit it on Monday. (Romo sits to pee starting a 2nd week of prep)

Who was TR suppose to practice with? They had two weeks of practice to prepare for NYG. Was Romo sits to pee suppose to tell guys they needed to come in and practice over their weekend off? What exactly would this impromptu practice accomplish? I guarantee you, if they did practice over this weekend, people would point to that they "overworked" and this caused the loss. Also, how do you know he didn't watch film over the weekend? or look over the NYG gameplan?

Is that why he entered golf tournaments while Jason Campbell was in Ashburn learning new offenses?

I don't pretend to know how much time either Romo sits to pee or JC spent in off-seasons "working" and I doubt you do either. What I do know is Romo sits to pee was an undrafted rookie free agent that started as a lowly 3rd string QB. (JC a highly touted 1st rounder) You don't go from there to starting QB, Pro Bowler, win at a high % and set several franchise records by being a slacker. I also know that Romo sits to pee has never missed a single practice (voluntary or not). I also know that playing golf at a higher level like TR requires a lot of mental control. One of the main reasons he likes golf and provides qualities that can carry over to playing qb.

I don't believe I've heard a quote or read anything (forum posts like yours aside) where someone stated Romo sits to pee was unprepared. If you have, I'd be interested in reading them. The issues with Cabo were not that he wasn't ready to play NYG but that the image wasn't good.

The article says Romo sits to pee wasn't able to win the big game, and then he managed to win a few prime-time regular season games and one playoff game out of four attempts.

Give me a break. He's good in the regular season. So is Marty Schottenheimer. He's one of the best coaches that ever coached the game, his career 200-126-1 record in the regular season is the 6th highest win total of all time, putting him up there with Shula, Halas, Landry, Lambeau, Brown, and just above Chuck Noll. 2 out of 21 years as a head coach he finished below .500 in the regular season. His 13 trips to the playoffs are 4th most all time. Marty Schottenheimer by this writer's standards has won some big games by accomplishing all of that.

That sounds nice until you realize his superbowl record. 0-0. Whys that? 13 trips to the playoffs, 13 losses in the playoffs. 5-13 total record, .200 winning percentage in the post season.

Tony Romo sits to pee in the regular season is 38-17. Tony Romo sits to pee in the post-season is 1-3. I don't know if that will ever improve, and it certainly could. But it shouldn't be the basis for an argument that it will.

Tony Romo sits to pee is going to struggle this year because the Cowboys have basically stood pat on their team. They added nothing to the team, had Patrick Crayton want out and Jerry Jones is, well, Jerry Jones. Wait until they lose a few games and the fans start turning on them for not going after this guy or that guy or because they didn't get rid of this guy or that guy. It will happen and the picnic will be over in Dallas with Wade Phillips under fire again. Romo sits to pee is overrated.

Califan goes for the jugular. :rotflmao: ;)

Again, most puke 'fans' will tell you they've won six playoff games in the last dozen years...just ask one...:rotlfmao:

well, they won one last year against the Eagles.

the win the week before against the Eagles to win the division was a pretty big game, almost playoff-ish, there's two....

there was the bye before the divisional playoff loss to the Giants in 2007 - having a bye is the same as winning a playoff game because you move to the next round, so that's three....

there was the win against Green Bay to wrap up home field, again, a big game with huge playoff implications, so that's pretty much a playoff game, let's count that as four...

that's all i got.....:doh:

Yeah looking over the last decade or so, neither the Cowboys or Redskins have ended up being anything special, but the Cowboys seem to get a pass from the media because their brand of football has been more exciting in September & October.

Last season the 'Boys were basically gifted the fact that they drew the Eagles in the first round, who hobbled into the playoffs and everyone knew was going to lose to whoever they faced.

Tony Romo sits to pee is going to struggle this year because the Cowboys have basically stood pat on their team. They added nothing to the team, had Patrick Crayton want out and Jerry Jones is, well, Jerry Jones. Wait until they lose a few games and the fans start turning on them for not going after this guy or that guy or because they didn't get rid of this guy or that guy. It will happen and the picnic will be over in Dallas with Wade Phillips under fire again. Romo sits to pee is overrated.
I don't get the Cowboys' thinking either. They got blown out in the divisional round of the playoffs. The Redskins have made significant coaching and roster improvements. The Giants fired the worst DC of their franchise's history. And the Eagles are unlikely to be one of the most heavily injured teams in the league again this year. I don't know how the Cowboys could think their team is good enough.

the win the week before against the Eagles to win the division was a pretty big game, almost playoff-ish, there's two....

there was the bye before the divisional playoff loss to the Giants in 2007 - having a bye is the same as winning a playoff game because you move to the next round, so that's three....

there was the win against Green Bay to wrap up home field, again, a big game with huge playoff implications, so that's pretty much a playoff game, let's count that as four...

WOW just WOW

I don't get the Cowboys' thinking either. They got blown out in the divisional round of the playoffs. The Redskins have made significant coaching and roster improvements. The Giants fired the worst DC of their franchise's history. And the Eagles are unlikely to be one of the most heavily injured teams in the league again this year. I don't know how the Cowboys could think their team is good enough.

The party's over for the pukes...Jerruh said the window closes quickly, and the thermo-panes are sealed.

The party's over for the pukes...Jerruh said the window closes quickly, and the thermo-panes are sealed.

How come its always over for the cowboys but never the Skins? was there any indication last year that the season was over before it began, because lots of people thought so, unless you really had on the burgundy and yellow. Oh right, you won a playoff game or two, nooo wait, you guys lost every divisional game. yeah, but the partys on because Shanahan is here now?

I cant wait til this train wreck gets rolling.

You know how many playoff games the Cowboys have won since Wade took over? 1. You know how many playoff games the Cowboys have won over the last 12 years? 1. You know how many playoff games the Redskins have won over that same time period? 2.

Yeah, you guys keep racking up the victories in September and October lol :thumbsup:...and once every 10 years or so you might win a wildcard game, and then you'll say "they got far enough for me!" :thumbsup:

So the bar has been raised? In previous years, it was the Cowboys couldn't win in December or a playoff game. Now this comes with a qualifier (unless its the Eagles). Sounds like sour grapes to me.

But I will give you partial credit. I don't think the Cowboys are heads and shoulders above the other NFC East teams. The Eagles and Giants go into this thing very underrated, while the Redskins are going to surprise people.

So the bar has been raised? In previous years, it was the Cowboys couldn't win in December or a playoff game. Now this comes with a qualifier (unless its the Eagles). Sounds like sour grapes to me.

But I will give you partial credit. I don't think the Cowboys are heads and shoulders above the other NFC East teams. The Eagles and Giants go into this thing very underrated, while the Redskins are going to surprise people.

Nah, the bar hasn't been raised...it's just that now that the Cowboys finally won a wildcard game they can actually SEE the bar lol :D...and by the way, I didn't add any "qualifiers" in my post. I just showed that the regular season record comparison between the Skins and the Cowboys is irrelevant because neither team has actually accomplished anything and in fact the Skins have more playoff wins over the last 12+ years.

Nah, the bar hasn't been raised...it's just that now that the Cowboys finally won a wildcard game they can actually SEE the bar lol :D...and by the way, I didn't add any "qualifiers" in my post. I just showed that the regular season record comparison between the Skins and the Cowboys is irrelevant because neither team has actually accomplished anything and in fact the Skins have more playoff wins over the last 12+ years.

I have to agree about the accomplishment remark. Neither team has a lot to show in that regard.

I think the Cowboys are in a far better place and have far fewer question marks than the Skins do going into this season. But that doesn't really mean anything once the games begin. Anything's possible.

Please tell me you joking. I dont think even you are that delusional. Although I wouldnt be that surprized.

What about Divisional games? Those go far to determine standings going into the playoffs and are tiebreakers, so those should count too. And any game in week 15, 16, or 17, because those games definitely have playoff implications...

:ols::ols::ols:

I don't think the Cowboys are heads and shoulders above the other NFC East teams. The Eagles and Giants go into this thing very underrated, while the Redskins are going to surprise people.

Ha..... Nice post. I've heard some of the puke fans have a brain cell or two now I believe it. :D

Archived