Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WaPo: Gen. Stanley McChrystal coming to Washington to explain anti-administration comments

Redskins Diehard

If it were Bush the same people with their panties in a bunch would be breaking their arms patting themselves on the back yelling "I told you so!"

I wonder if there are any threads here about Bush "ignoring" Shinseki's troop requirements? It would be an interesting read for sure. I wonder if there was anyone in a hurry to point out that it was the proper decision because Shinseki was offering an inflated requirement and Bush, wise to that old game, actually reduced it by the same amount that Shinseki inflated and therefor in a stroke of managerial brilliance arrived at the true troop requirement.

If it were Bush the same people with their panties in a bunch would be breaking their arms patting themselves on the back yelling "I told you so!"
So all the right-wingers in this thread who said McChrystal has got to go were Bush-bashers? Interesting, my memory must be failing me.

So all the right-wingers in this thread who said McChrystal has got to go were Bush-bashers? Interesting, my memory must be failing me.

Well since there is no Avatar saying this person or that person is left or right, how the hell is one to know if the person doing the bashing is a "right winger"?

It's just funny to me how quickly people circle the wagons for President O when it's obvious that he's so thin skinned.

Well since there is no Avatar saying this person or that person is left or right, how the hell is one to know if the person doing the bashing is a "right winger"?

It's just funny to me how quickly people circle the wagons for President O when it's obvious that he's so thin skinned.

If anything, recent events have proven that many of us are ambidextrous. Those who used to wring our hands over lost liberties via the Patriot Act have been too silent when Obama extended many of their uses (a big Obama mistake in my opinion). Those who said that disagreeing with a wartime President was tentamount to treason and at the minimum anti-American are now endlessly critical and vocal about the President on every issue from his choice of lapel pin to the serious stuff.

Good grief. Are you really going to play ignorant?

Post count like yours and you can't identify any right or left wing posters without a sign to tell you which is which? :doh:

<edit>And jeebus pumpkin-pie christmas, when did this become about defending Obama? You create a straw man about Bush and somehow that confirms some theory you have about Obama?

Good grief. Are you really going to play ignorant?

Post count like yours and you can't identify any right or left wing posters without a sign to tell you which is which? :doh:

<edit>And jeebus pumpkin-pie christmas, when did this become about defending Obama? You create a straw man about Bush and somehow that confirms some theory you have about Obama?

Panties bunch much?

I just spent a week on vacation, so much more to do than spend every waking minute on ES. I came into the thread late and I'm not going to read 254 posts so I can say "oh ****! He leans right and defended Obama". What I did notice while browsing the thread is that a Military mastermind who is critical of the President is being bashed while Obama, who has done nothing but step on his own dick is being defended. That's all. Just an opinion, I know, they're like ass holes.

Panties bunch much?

I just spent a week on vacation, so much more to do than spend every waking minute on ES. I came into the thread late and I'm not going to read 254 posts so I can say "oh ****! He leans right and defended Obama". What I did notice while browsing the thread is that a Military mastermind who is critical of the President is being bashed while Obama, who has done nothing but step on his own dick is being defended. That's all. Just an opinion, I know, they're like ass holes.

Now that you explained you commented without reading it makes more sense.

He should be let go for the simple fact that he let a left-wing nut journalist into the inner circle who's only goal was to make the military and the general look bad.

If memory serves weren't you one of those who strongly voiced the opinion that disagreeing with the President during war heartens the enemy and destroys troop morale?

Can you find the quote from the article where he disagrees with the President?

I was more referring to Artmonk81's change in stance, but I can look. Are you saying that you continue to believe that disagreeing with a wartime President heartens the enemy and demoralizes the troops and essentially makes you an anti-American traitor?

(I actually have never bought into that line of thinking prominent as it was for 6 and a half years, but it was said and repeated so often that you would think it was really a core, unbreakable principle amongst the conservative right.)

I was more referring to Artmonk81's change in stance, but I can look. Are you saying that you continue to believe that disagreeing with a wartime President heartens the enemy and demoralizes the troops and essentially makes you an anti-American traitor?

(I actually have never bought into that line of thinking prominent as it was for 6 and a half years, but it was said and repeated so often that you would think it was really a core, unbreakable principle amongst the conservative right.)

What are you talking about? McChrystal wasn't let go for disagreeing with a wartime President. And 81ArtMonk said nothing related to disagreeing with a wartime President. You are making up a topic and assigning positions. Maybe Rolling Stone is hiring?

after McChrystal got the Afghanistan job, and it didn't go much better. "It was a 10-minute photo op," says an adviser to McChrystal. "Obama clearly didn't know anything about him, who he was. Here's the guy who's going to run his ****ing war, but he didn't seem very engaged. The Boss was pretty disappointed."

Last fall, with his top general calling for more troops, Obama launched a three-month review to re-evaluate the strategy in Afghanistan. "I found that time painful," McChrystal tells me in one of several lengthy interviews. "I was selling an unsellable position." For the general, it was a crash course in Beltway politics – a battle that pitted him against experienced Washington insiders like Vice President Biden, who argued that a prolonged counterinsurgency campaign in Afghanistan would plunge America into a military quagmire without weakening international terrorist networks. "The entire COIN strategy is a fraud perpetuated on the American people,"

------ I think these two quotes say a bunch. Saying that the "entire COIN strategy is a fraud" is a pretty big statement. Ya also oughtn't call your President ignorant as was inferred in the top 'graph.

Edit: May have misread 81ArtMonk a bit. It's early yet.

after McChrystal got the Afghanistan job, and it didn't go much better. "It was a 10-minute photo op," says an adviser to McChrystal. "Obama clearly didn't know anything about him, who he was. Here's the guy who's going to run his ****ing war, but he didn't seem very engaged. The Boss was pretty disappointed."

Last fall, with his top general calling for more troops, Obama launched a three-month review to re-evaluate the strategy in Afghanistan. "I found that time painful," McChrystal tells me in one of several lengthy interviews. "I was selling an unsellable position." For the general, it was a crash course in Beltway politics – a battle that pitted him against experienced Washington insiders like Vice President Biden, who argued that a prolonged counterinsurgency campaign in Afghanistan would plunge America into a military quagmire without weakening international terrorist networks. "The entire COIN strategy is a fraud perpetuated on the American people,"

------ I think these two quotes say a bunch. Saying that the "entire COIN strategy is a fraud" is a pretty big statement. Ya also oughtn't call your President ignorant as was inferred in the top 'graph.

Are you assigning the last quote to Mc?

Perhaps another cup of coffee is in order.:ols:

Really? McChrystal calling the COIN strategy a fraud? It is HIS strategy. His being McChrystal's.

Of course the top 'graph is not McChrystal's quote. McChrystal said Obama wasn't prepared for the 10 minute meeting and didn't know anything about him.

It appears you didn't watch the President's speech about why McChrystal was let go. In it he tells you exactly why he was let go. And it is a justifiable reason. But I guess that isn't as much fun as making stuff up and pointing out hypocrisy that has not presented itself.

Are you assigning the last quote to Mc?

Perhaps another cup of coffee is in order.:ols:

Did you say cup....a pot may be needed!

That is the problem with this article. It is such a poorly written hit job that it would really require the reader to have some understanding of the overall situation and to actually read the article. That someone could pull a couple of quotes and think that McChrystal thinks the COIN strategy is a fraud really says something. Looks like Obama isn't the only one that knows nothing about McChrystal

Wasn't the COIN strategy McChrystal's but if he's operating it under Obama it becomes Obama's as well? <-- More of a philosophical question than anything else. And yeah, I'm probably not firing on all synapses this morning.

McChrystal never argued that COIN was a fraud. Doesn't matter if it was his, or Obama's, or Burgold's.

Wasn't the COIN strategy McChrystal's but if he's operating it under Obama it becomes Obama's as well? <-- More of a philosophical question than anything else. And yeah, I'm probably not firing on all synapses this morning.

O certainly embraced it to a large degree,though he tempered it by his special envoy and State dept yahoo's ...that are mucking things up in McChrystal's eyes.(and mine)

Whatever genius thought they could cut down Karzai ought to be horsewhipped(ya don't play that game w/o knowing you are gonna win)

added

see if you can identify with this excerpt

" One soldier shows me the list of new regulations the platoon was given. "Patrol only in areas that you are reasonably certain that you will not have to defend yourselves with lethal force," the laminated card reads. For a soldier who has traveled halfway around the world to fight, that's like telling a cop he should only patrol in areas where he knows he won't have to make arrests. "Does that make any ****ing sense?" asks Pfc. Jared Pautsch. "We should just drop a ****ing bomb on this place. You sit and ask yourself: What are we doing here?"

I still hold that stance, however I believe there is a difference between disagreeing with the war and having issue with how the war is being fought, which I believe the general held the later.

Archived