Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Haynesworth Trade Possibilities Thread

SkinsTribeVA

They are not going to take a middle round pick for AH. From what we seen so far, this front office is cold, caculating and prepared. The direction the team goes was planned in Febuary. I bet the Redskin lawers have been on standby waiting for June 16. The paper work to file with the NFLPA has probably already been filled out. I also bet the FO would have been very suprised if AH actually showed up today. They feel they do not need him in a 3-4 nor want his attitude in the locker room.

If you can't get a 1st rounder, you don't trade him. You are better off putting him in exile and letting his career go by him. You don't spend 30+ million on a player for 12 games, and toss him off for low round pick. Let him waste away on the bench.

They are not going to take a middle round pick for AH. From what we seen so far, this front office is cold, caculating and prepared. The direction the team goes was planned in Febuary. I bet the Redskin lawers have been on standby waiting for June 16. The paper work to file with the NFLPA has probably already been filled out. I also bet the FO would have been very suprised if AH actually showed up today. They feel they do not need him in a 3-4 nor want his attitude in the locker room.

Doubtful. I think Shanahan was lied to, just like everyone else, and blindsided by this. For that reason, the team will stomp down on this, hard, and get done whatever they decide to do to solve this problem.

Doubtful. I think Shanahan was lied to, just like everyone else, and blindsided by this. For that reason, the team will stomp down on this, hard, and get done whatever they decide to do to solve this problem.

Actually I'd be pretty surprised if Snyder didn't have a plan in place to recoup his money asap, we all know he's all about the biznass. But either way, I agree about the stomping down--like on a Cowboys' head.

I wonder if this situation will have any bearing on the negotiations between the owners and players. I have to imagine that this type of behavior doesn't help the players when they are sitting down across from the owners and asking to be treated fairly!

Someone (oldfan, possibly?) just posted an article in another thread that made it sould like the NFLPA will have to stick up for AH in this situation, which wouldn't be good for their image, and might give a little more power to the owners in the negotiations. At least, that's what I took from it. So we'll see.

Trade him to no one, unless there it is wholly on the best terms/deal possible to the team.

I would rather he sit the next three years under these terms than give in to his ludicrous "it's not about money" tantrum.

He receives his pay, and the Redskins hang on to him until the end of his contract under those terms. If he doesn't want to do his utmost for his employer who has paid for his services at the highest rate available, because he can't work the way he wants to, then he shouldnt be allowed to work at all. It's too bad Snyder can't force him to wear advertising signs to get some money back, as that is a big space (his backside).

He cannot be a team cancer if he won't show up (and if he does, the Redskins don't play him and control his contact with others). The club can easily be up front and blunt with their players and the media by releasing this statement. "We have a contract with Albert Haynesworth. We have done everything within our power to honor that contract, and place Albert in a position to return that value to our organization. Until Albert decides to honor both the letter and the spirit of the contract he signed, he will play for no other team, and he will not play for this team. Until he changes his mind and becomes the player we are paying him to be, we will have no further comment regarding Albert. Next Question please."

The players on roster can be told to defer all AH questions to the Front Office or offer "no comment".

..who's in the market for a fat, lazy player, who is a crappy team mate, does not repect coaches or team mates, chases aroound strippers, steps on players faces and does whatever he damn well pleases......line forms to the left

Oakland it is....:ols:

I love this idea. At first I wanted to sit him and make his ego suffer on the bench, but I honestly don't think he would care. I believe this is a better option. Send him to a bottom feeder with no chance of winning. See how far his "me first" attitude get's him. I know we were one of the terrible teams the last couple of years, but I truly believe we are turning a corner and will bring back the winning tradition. Let him rot the rest of his days playing for an organization that has no hope of turning it around anytime soon.

HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone (oldfan, possibly?) just posted an article in another thread that made it sould like the NFLPA will have to stick up for AH in this situation, which wouldn't be good for their image, and might give a little more power to the owners in the negotiations. At least, that's what I took from it. So we'll see.

Thanks.

The timing of this move by AH has to piss off the players. It would suck to have to back this jerk when everyone knows he could have handled this a million better ways.

..who's in the market for a fat, lazy player, who is a crappy team mate, does not repect coaches or team mates, chases aroound strippers, steps on players faces and does whatever he damn well pleases......line forms to the left

Oakland

Thanks.

The timing of this move by AH has to piss off the players. It would suck to have to back this jerk when everyone knows he could have handled this a million better ways.

Yup. Perfect timing for the owners though. "See, that's why we want things like a rookie salary cap, so that veteran contracts don't have to be so huge and risky. No one wants to see a situation like this again".

Oakland it is....:ols:

I love this idea. At first I wanted to sit him and make his ego suffer on the bench, but I honestly don't think he would care. I believe this is a better option. Send him to a bottom feeder with no chance of winning. See how far his "me first" attitude get's him. I know we were one of the terrible teams the last couple of years, but I truly believe we are turning a corner and will bring back the winning tradition. Let him rot the rest of his days playing for an organization that has no hope of turning it around anytime soon.

HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the Raiders idea, you know old senile Al wouldn't mind having fat Al on his team. Al Davis is just senile enough at this point that he might part with a 1st or 2nd rounder. :ols:

Archived