Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Haynesworth Trade Possibilities Thread

SkinsTribeVA

I know there are like 3,000 Hayneworth threads already on ES, but after the events of the past 24 hours, I thought it was time to start a thread solely discussing viable trade options.

This thread is not for discussing should we/shouldn't we or will it/won't it happen, but let's talk real possibilities and trade partners. Who's on the trading block? Who needs a DT/improved pass rush? Who's got players or picks to give?

Here's an article from ESPN today about possible big name trades at this point in the season (including Big Al), good place to start: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=5287927

Possibilities I see here: New Orleans and Buffalo.

-New Orleans: could Jamaal Brown or Jermon Bushrod play RT? If so, I'd take Brown for AH straight up, and I'd take Bushrod for AH if it included a 2nd/3rd.

-Buffalo: Marshawn and a mid rounder for AH?? I know a lot of people are down on Lynch for his perceived off-the-field issues, but I don't see those issues as any worse than Larry Johnson's, but Marshawn's younger and better. He's easily still feature back material, but the Bills want to move him and he wants to be moved. The only thing is that Buffalo isn't in HUGE need of a DT. But at the same time, their sack total and overall defense were mediocre last season, so considering most of AH's guaranteed money is already paid, unless Seattle offers a more attractive package, I can see them jumping on this. Personally, I'd love some Beast Mode in DC.

Jacksonville had by far the worst sack total last year, had pretty pitiful DT play, and is in win-now mode (Del Rio likes his job and the ownership wants to end the blackouts). The only problem is they just spent a 1st rounder (Tyson Alualu) and a 3rd rounder (D'Anthony Smith) on DT's, so they're probably not interested in giving up more picks for a DT anytime soon. They don't have many players that I can imagine Shanny and Bruce being very interested in.

Tampa Bay is an obvious option, since they were apparently the next-closest team to signing AH last year and were supposedly offering even more money. The problem is, they also just spent two draft picks on DT's: Gerald McCoy at #3 and Brian Price in the 2nd. But now that most of the guaranteed money has been paid, I could see there still being some slight interest. But like Jacksonville, do they have any players they're willing to offer who would be of interest to us? The only possibilities that come to mind are Josh Johnson, Jeremy Zuttah, Barret Ruud, and maybe Ronde. I don't see this or Jacksonville happening.

Could Detroit be interested in pairing up Suh with AH and Vanden Bosch on the outside for a monster revamped DL? It's possible. Are they willing to part with picks? Maybe. As for players, they do have one Marko Mitchell on their roster. I hear he's tall.

Other ideas? Thoughts?

Don't want to sound negative, but after careful consideration, I believe Al is probably worth a 4th or 5th rounder right now.

There is just too much risk for teams going forward. Even if he does play in another 4-3 system, will he half-ass it like he did here last season?

And then how much longer before off the field incidents destroy him?

Any AFC team offering a 1st rounder, I would love the Bills 1st rounder, they can keep Marshawn Lynch, why trade one lazy malcontent for another.

Albert is a dope but even he has to know that New Orleans runs the same type of 4-3 that he was in last year with the Skins.

I think its gotta be the Titans that Albert is looking to be sent back to, he is ***** for his hometown, cough up that 1st rounder Tennessee and we will put this fat slug on the bus out of town before sundown.

This could have easily been talked about in the "3,000 Hayneworth threads already on ES" dont ya think?

No not at all. Those threads are stuck in the back and forth about AH as a player, a person, his teammates' response, his coaches' response, what happens if he shows up in shape, what happens if he doesn't show up in shape, his contract, and on and on. Try starting a real discussion about possible trades and it'll get lost in the ruckus in seconds.

I honestly don't think we'd get much value for him, I'd be very happy to offer him to the Raiders for whatever they want to give up.

Or somewhere like Buffalo or Seattle, send him somewhere he can be miserable with his snyder money.

Any AFC team offering a 1st rounder, I would love the Bills 1st rounder, they can keep Marshawn Lynch, why trade one lazy malcontent for another.

Albert is a dope but even he has to know that New Orleans runs the same type of 4-3 that he was in last year with the Skins.

I think its gotta be the Titans that Albert is looking to be sent back to, he is ***** for his hometown, cough up that 1st rounder Tennessee and we will put this fat slug on the bus out of town before sundown.

I can't believe I forgot the Titans. They very well might be willing to make a trade, but I can almost guarantee they wouldn't offer a 1st--who spends two 1sts on one player?? They might be willing to give up like a 3rd and 5th or something though. That'd be worth consideration.

And yea I'd take Buffalo's 1st in a heartbeat, but a new coach probably isn't going to part with his 1st ever 1st round pick.

I agree with previous posters that like BP, Haynesworth's value has plumeted. If we got a 4th rounder and a team to take that phat contract to match that fat player, I would consider it a HUGE victory.

I think most teams will wait to see what Bruce and Mike do. I hope we get a resolution soon, but my gut tells me this drama will be unfolding for a while.

I wouldn't trade him unless the Skins were to receive something of actual value. If the offers aren't there, then let Albert hold out and lose money. And we should definitely try and recoup whatever we are allowed to in terms of his signing bonus. If he is losing money in the process and the Skins aren't willing to give him away, the pressure will be back on Albert or another team may develop an immediate need (like us with Jason Taylor).

I can't believe I forgot the Titans. They very well might be willing to make a trade, but I can almost guarantee they wouldn't offer a 1st--who spends two 1sts on one player?? They might be willing to give up like a 3rd and 5th or something though. That'd be worth consideration.

And yea I'd take Buffalo's 1st in a heartbeat, but a new coach probably isn't going to part with his 1st ever 1st round pick.

Have you gone mad? Florio was talking about it this morning. He said the best the skins were offered was a 4th (which could be upgraded to 3rd depending on stipulations). That was before he pulled this stunt. He has NO VALUE. He is a 400lb paper weight. The best we could do. Is have him return the cash (which he's probably spent). And send him on his way to golden Corral.

I agree with previous posters that like BP, Haynesworth's value has plumeted. If we got a 4th rounder and a team to take that phat contract to match that fat player, I would consider it a HUGE victory.

I think most teams will wait to see what Bruce and Mike do. I hope we get a resolution soon, but my gut tells me this drama will be unfolding for a while.

Haha nice comparison, I'm still holding out for a 3rd though.

They're talking about the situation on ESPN right now btw.

Have you gone mad? Florio was talking about it this morning. He said the best the skins were offered was a 4th (which could be upgraded to 3rd depending on stipulations). That was before he pulled this stunt. He has NO VALUE. He is a 400lb paper weight. The best we could do. Is have him return the cash (which he's probably spent). And send him on his way to golden Corral.

If Schefter or Clayton says it, I'll believe them. But Florio? Really? Considering he draws info straight off of ES, I'll take my opinion over his haha.

Okay. Clayton gave him the possiblity of a 3rd (thats on par with florio). He isn't worth ****.

4th or 5th is probably more realistic.

Anyone hoping for a first is on bad drugs.

It is like a credit risk for someone that has declared bk.

Al's pockets straight.

Maybe he just wants his $32 million, and doesn't want to get hit anymore.

Ok question: so if we keep or trade him, we can go after the guaranteed money because he's skipping mandatory camp, but is it true that if we cut him then the team can't go after the guaranteed money they paid? Think Snyder's far enough removed from decision making that he wouldn't step in and say "let's try to get my $20-some million back"?

Archived