Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN: North Korea rejects torpedo findings, threatens war

visionary

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/06/15/un.north.korea/index.html?hpt=T2

By the CNN Wire Staff

June 15, 2010 2:43 p.m. EDT

United Nations (CNN) -- North Korea on Tuesday rejected international findings that it sank a South Korean ship, warning at the United Nations the dispute could lead to war.

"A war may break out any time," Ambassador Sin Son Ho said, accusing South Korea of "fabricating" the results of the investigation into the sinking of the Cheonan.

The loss of the ship and 46 sailors in March raised tensions on the Korean Peninsula.

North and South Korea presented their cases to the United Nations on Monday, and South Korea then urged the Security Council to take "timely and appropriate measures."

North Korea's envoy responded harshly Tuesday.

"If the Security Council releases any documents against us, condemning or pressuring us ... then myself as diplomat, I can do nothing. ... The follow-up measures will be carried out by our military forces," he said.

I'm no expert on this, but it seems to me that they have little resource and a very weak economy. If anything, I think they're angling for more aid ultimately.

That's what I've been thinking but always before they've offered the nuclear issues in return for aide, this time they struck the S. Koreans in silence with no political announcement. I just don't know how you step back from this escalation without abandoning every ounce of integrity from even your own people. What's more is that I don't know how they will go about seeking more aide (if that is the reason for this latest act) so that they will get the world's attention again in the future.

I just hope that this isn't a Gulf of Tonkin thing.

I just don't know how you step back from this escalation without abandoning every ounce of integrity from even your own people.

LOL. They have no integrity in the world community to lose, and they could tell their own people that Tuesday was really Thursday, and the people would believe it.

LOL. They have no integrity in the world community to lose, and they could tell their own people that Tuesday was really Thursday, and the people would believe it.

Yeah I get that, which is why I hesitated using the word integrity, but what do you do when you rattle the sabers like Kim is doing and then the world body goes against the ultimatum you laid down? You either act or you prove that you're full of hot air.

Yeah I get that, which is why I hesitated using the word integrity, but what do you do when you rattle the sabers like Kim is doing and then the world body goes against the ultimatum you laid down? You either act or you prove that you're full of hot air.

So you prove you are full of hot air - this time. Big deal.

That's the advantage of being completely insane and armed with a nuke. No one can ever be sure when you are full of hot air.

So who here thinks that South Korea is lying and trying to fabricate evidence against North Korea?

That's not a new question here, and it's been asked ever since the ship sank. It's not like the notion is unprecedented which is why I fear a repeat of the Gulf of Tonkin. I just don't know myself, I haven't seen any evidence either way, and I think that's what disturbs me the most.

So who here thinks that South Korea is lying and trying to fabricate evidence against North Korea?

I've thought about that, but don't really think it's much of a possibility.

I'm not sure what they would gain by it.

Also most of South Korea is very anti-war, especially with North Korea.

Now it's possible that some crazy rogue military guys are behind this, but I really don't think so.

Wholly irrelevant. I will say it again, Gulf of Tonkin. What 46 families believe couldn't be less important when it comes to the proof of the attack.

Perhaps you should preach this to the 46 families. Lets see how relevant they think your beliefs are.

Archived