Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Most UNDERrated bands/artists of all time...

The Evil Genius

U/R:

Hayden

Charles Mingus

Bjork (don't laugh guys-- she has a great voice and makes incredible music)

Radiohead (despite their success... they will prove to influence music as much as any band after the beatles)

Roots

Simon and Garfunkle

CSNY

David Byrne/Talking Heads

The Tragically Hip.

I am not to crazy about some of the newer stuff they have come out with, but man, there earlyer stuff ROCKS.

If you don't beleve me, go out and get "Up To Here".

Little Feat (with L. George).

Bobby Parker (Blues). One of the greatest guitar players of all time.

Originally posted by Kilmer17

Im avoiding listing local bands that SHOULD have made it.

I'll list one: The Worms. Anyone out there ever lived in NYC and know who I'm talking about? Their one-time drummer, Milo Z, now tours and opens for some national acts.

Bad Brains

Fishbone

Silverchair (seriously, listen to some of their more recent stuff and re-mixes)

Col. Bruce Hampton and the Aquiarium Rescue Unit

Slayer

Glassjaw

My Band LIVE OAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright, here's one I haven't seen:

Wierd Al

His band actually played a lot of very different styles passably well, and the songs were hillarious knockoffs.

Others that might make my list:

Dire Straits

Alabama (I know they have been huge in country, but are you aware how long they have been huge?)

Niel Diamond

Originally posted by WallyG3

Cream.

Just about invented Acid Rock/Hard Rock. First to crank up the big Marshall stacks. Most people have never heard of them, just ask.

Only a musical ignoramus hasn't heard of Cream.... but sadly the world is full of those.

By the way, if you dig Cream, try and get yourself a copy of BBM's album Around the Next Dream! It's got some incredible tunes (plus a couple of duds...) on it that sound like Cream on steroids. (BBM is Ginger Baker, Jack Bruce and Gary Moore).

Also Clapton's version of "Eyesight to the Blind" on the soundtrack to Tommy is worth digging up on any of those music sharing sites. It's inexcusable that that song hasn't been included on any of his compilations!

The most underrated band of all time is also the greatest rock band of all time - FREE! While they only had one hit, and were overshadowed by the later success of Bad Company, this is the group that embodied everything a rock band should be and showcased the greatest rock singer of all time - Paul Rodgers.

their first two albums, Tons of Sobs and Free, are awesome.

Originally posted by riggo-toni

Only a musical ignoramus hasn't heard of Cream.... but sadly the world is full of those.

By the way, if you dig Cream, try and get yourself a copy of BBM's album Around the Next Dream! It's got some incredible tunes (plus a couple of duds...) on it that sound like Cream on steroids. (BBM is Ginger Baker, Jack Bruce and Gary Moore).

Also Clapton's version of "Eyesight to the Blind" on the soundtrack to Tommy is worth digging up on any of those music sharing sites. It's inexcusable that that song hasn't been included on any of his compilations!

The most underrated band of all time is also the greatest rock band of all time - FREE! While they only had one hit, and were overshadowed by the later success of Bad Company, this is the group that embodied everything a rock band should be and showcased the greatest rock singer of all time - Paul Rodgers.

their first two albums, Tons of Sobs and Free, are awesome.

Well, if you want to talk about bands like Free and Bad Co, you have to mention Deep Purple too, who seem to have fallen off of the classic rock playlist. For about five years they were the #1 "power rock" band, and it is sort of cool to listen to stuff like Highway Star, Lazy, Smoke... Burn, etc. Ian Gillan was no slouch vocalist, and they came up with arguably the single most recognized "hook" in R&R history. Brings me back to ridin' around with a six pack, 1/2 tank of gas, and my high school honey in a tube top. Not a great band, but radio staples back when FM DJs could play what they wanted to.

GlennX,

That is so friggin scary!!!! :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

How dare you!! :mad:

And to think some **** actually enjoyed molesting these guys......:puke: :puke:

Can you name the movie: "Hi, we're from noisebusters. We're looking for the Menudo concert..."

Archived