Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Most UNDERrated bands/artists of all time...

The Evil Genius

BoDeans - Just buy the Joe Dirt Car live recordings CD, give it a couple of times and you'll be hooked for life.

Toad the Wet Sprocket -- great song writing.

The Squeeze.

More recent -- I think Matchbox 20 is under-rated. While semi-popular and simple at times, it's just plain ole good music.

Guess you can pretty much figure where my tastes lie from here. Vocals, catchy songs, harmory and acoustic guitar.

First some comments about what people have been saying here. I don't think Soul Asylum is underrated. They had 1 good album then it was off the play the Minnesota State Fair. The Clash aren't underrated either, but I do think they are under appreciated. And Radiohead? The critics fawn over them like nothing else, and their albums sell well too.

As for The Specials, I totally agree 100%. I love talking to supposed rude boi's these days and find out they don't even know who the Specials are. :doh:

I've always been into the underrated, so my list has to include:

Ben Folds Five

The Pixies/Frank Black

The Flaming Lips

Wilco

Originally posted by Canyonero!

First some comments about what people have been saying here. I don't think Soul Asylum is underrated. They had 1 good album then it was off the play the Minnesota State Fair. The Clash aren't underrated either, but I do think they are under appreciated. And Radiohead? The critics fawn over them like nothing else, and their albums sell well too.

As for The Specials, I totally agree 100%. I love talking to supposed rude boi's these days and find out they don't even know who the Specials are. :doh:

I've always been into the underrated, so my list has to include:

Ben Folds Five

The Pixies/Frank Black

The Flaming Lips

Wilco

See, as popular as the Clash were at one time, I still think they were underated. they should be considered one of the ten best R&R bands, and I don't think anyone puts them there. BTW, if you like Wilco, do you know Son Volt? Also, Re: Specials, how about Fishbone?

I agree w/ 2 bands listed as being underrated. Radiohead and Fishbone. My wife is a long time Radiohead fan so I've been listening to their stuff for years, but I just never really got into their cd's. Well, we went to see them finally last year, and the show was awesome. I mean they killed it. Maybe the best live sound I've ever heard. They may get a lot of critical acclaim, but they get practically zero airplay. Same deal with Fishbone. They never got the airplay, but they were super intense live. These are 2 bands that never really hit it with the mainstream, but they are great performers and talented musicians.

Originally posted by dukeuch

See, as popular as the Clash were at one time, I still think they were underated. they should be considered one of the ten best R&R bands, and I don't think anyone puts them there. BTW, if you like Wilco, do you know Son Volt? Also, Re: Specials, how about Fishbone?

I'm not going to disagree with your position on The Clash. I think it has more to do with how we view under and over rated.

Yes, I know about Son Volt too, as well as Uncle Tupelo. I like Wilco a lot more, mostly because they divert from the folk/country aspect a lot more than Son Volt seems to. But I'll still listen to a Son Volt song when given the chance.

I honestly havne't heard a fishbone song in the longest time. But I'm going to open up KaZaa now and take a listen.

Archived