Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NY Times 5/18/10: Doctor Charged in N.F.L. Doping Case (Redskins Player Connected)

Hitman#21

Santana Moss to be named by Steroid Dr.

Michael David Smith

May 18th, 2010, 4:10

Washington Redskins wide out Santana Moss was the player that Canadian Doctor, Anthony Galea was scheduled to visit, and will soon be hearing from Roger Goodell regarding their relationship. Consider this to be an on-going investigation, however the hand-writing appears to be on the wall with this one. Having a relationship with a Dr. who supplies you with HGH will be frowned upon by Sheriff Goodell.

GOSH **** IT! Link?

The article I read said the doctor treated this player from 2007-2009, there actually aren't a lot of players on this team who have been here since 2007. You can narrow it down to a small number.

Just because the guy treated the player since 2007 doesn't mean the player has been a Redskin since 2007. He may have been on the team since then, but there's nothing in the article to suggest that he was.

Michael David Smith

Washington Redskins wide out Santana Moss was the player that Canadian Doctor, Anthony Galea was scheduled to visit, and will soon be hearing from Roger Goodell regarding their relationship. Consider this to be an on-going investigation, however the hand-writing appears to be on the wall with this one. Having a relationship with a Dr. who supplies you with HGH will be frowned upon by Sheriff Goodell.

Sauce?

Only thing I can find is you posting the same garbage on twitter.

Farbod_21 @john_keim @RickMaese Santana Moss was the player that Canadian Doctor, Anthony Galea was scheduled to visit. Uh oh???

Michael David Smith

Not good. :doh:

:gus::gus::gus:

Wonderful.

Can he get suspended without a positive test?

I'm not sure...I wonder if it would still be in his system, or what? I know nothing about it.

Except that if Goodell isn't happy, DT or MK will be the starter for at least a few games.

Although, look what happened with Matthews. Although no one knew about that...this is much higher-visibility.

:gus::gus::gus:

Wonderful.

Can he get suspended without a positive test?

I'd like to think 'yes' because it is a banned substance by the NFL - they just don't check for it. It would turn in to a he said-he said...but if there is documentable proof that these players KNOWINGLY took HGH, then maybe, possibly.

It's roger clemens' case but for active athletes.

You have to draw blood...it isn't detectable in urine. I doubt they can test for this. There will have to be some overwhelming proof that Tanaman purchased the drugs for him to get suspended.

there needs to be a source that confirms any of this information is accurate before anyone gets to any of these hypothetical questions.

The NFLPA (and other athlete unions) oppose HGH testing because it is still considered "invasive" - by testing blood/tissue samples. Could potentially use samples for other means (disease testing, etc.)

The new collective bargaining agreement will have to have a resolution on HGH testing or this will continue to be the chosen way for players to cheat. And it is cheating - whether or not everyone does it.

Michael David Smith

If this was some kind of joke it was in bad taste.

Sauce?

Only thing I can find is you posting the same garbage on twitter.

Farbod_21 @john_keim @RickMaese Santana Moss was the player that Canadian Doctor, Anthony Galea was scheduled to visit. Uh oh???

WTF buddy? Just passing on info, no need to call it garbage...

I got it from the comments section on the Washington Post article.

WTF buddy? Just passing on info, no need to call it garbage...

I saw that posted as a comment on the bottom of Jason Reid's article - comment section:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/canadian-doctor-charged-with-s.html

Michael David Smith

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | May 18, 2010 4:10 PM | Report abuse

The NFLPA (and other athlete unions) oppose HGH testing because it is still considered "invasive" - by testing blood/tissue samples. Could potentially use samples for other means (disease testing, etc.)

The new collective bargaining agreement will have to have a resolution on HGH testing or this will continue to be the chosen way for players to cheat. And it is cheating - whether or not everyone does it.

That is what I tried to say, this is worded 10 times better. Thank you!

Archived