Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

7 Year Old Dance Team Do Beyonce's "Single Ladies"

AsburySkinsFan

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

And that's what parents are for.

And thus the rebellious teenage years.

I am a pretty conservative guy with my views and don't at all disagree with this being a little much. But the outfits nor the dancing got me in an outrage mode.

I think the grinding was too much, the outfits...ehh...a little racy for little kids but cheerleaders at that age wear the same types of things.

Why not focus more on teaching children that just because you look different or dress funny, does not make you a bad person ?

These outfits do not make these young ladies whores or trampy.

cheerleaders.jpg

Wow you guys are sheltered.

This type of stuff is going on all across the country at cheerleading and dance competitions. If you know any school aged girl in competitive cheerleading, this is what their performances are like. These aren't small competitions, they bring people from all over the country.

It's not a sex industry. And kids are doing this stuff at home...even when they aren't involved with this stuff.

Really? My now 14 year old daughter did cheerleading when she was younger (6-10), even cheering sometimes for the Jr Terps @ MD Football games. I probably went to 15-20 competitions (boring as all get out) and I NEVER saw young girls dressed like shown in the still at the beginning of the thread (couldn't watch the video).

I have never seen either of my daughters or their friends dressed like this or acting like what was described. No doubt my older daughter may have acted like that, but I've also been a chaperone at the middle school and high school dances and still didn't see stuff like in Beyonce's video.

I am disgusted just by seeing how these girls are dressed/made-up. When they are in High School, they are old enough to know how they want to present themselves, but 7 year olds are in first and second grade - huge difference.

And thus the rebellious teenage years.

These outfits do not make these young ladies whores or trampy.

cheerleaders.jpg

Note to Mods - I felt that quoting this picture was necessary for my reply.

Hey Kosher,

Read your first statement again and then take a good, close look at the ladies in the picture above.

The girls in the original dance routine were 7, not teenagers. The ladies above appear to be in their 20's, not 7. There is a HUGE difference between an 18-25 year old woman deciding how to present herself and a seven year old. Just like I wouldn't bat an eye at a 19 year old driving, I would be VERY concerned if I saw a 7 year old starting up a car.

Which is why I can only imagine that he's joking.

No I'm not joking,there is nothing wrong with the dance or clothes and it is totally appropriate for the setting(dance contest)

Maybe there is something wrong with ya'll?

Not what I would want or approve of for my daughter,but then I wouldn't want her to be a cheerleader either(not that there's anything wrong with that:))

Note to Mods - I felt that quoting this picture was necessary for my reply.

Hey Kosher,

Read your first statement again and then take a good, close look at the ladies in the picture above.

The girls in the original dance routine were 7, not teenagers. The ladies above appear to be in their 20's, not 7. There is a HUGE difference between an 18-25 year old woman deciding how to present herself and a seven year old. Just like I wouldn't bat an eye at a 19 year old driving, I would be VERY concerned if I saw a 7 year old starting up a car.

Oh come on btfoom, 7 is the new 20, the idea of age appropriate clothing and dance is for us puritans. What's more is that the ladies in the pic are dressed that way for a reason, and it's about sex it's not about mobility it's about sex, and to dress 7 year old up in the same manner is to sexualize a child, and then to have them doing the same dance moves that are routinely seen in music videos that are completely oriented to the objectification of women as sex objects is unbelievable.

Hey Kosher,

They are just dancing. So for you it is an age thing ? I recall being 16 wishing that I looked like an 18 year old. High School Musical... The Cyrus girl, etc.

Parents are perfectly happy letting their kids watch these programs but ignore the fact that these girls are racy and older.

Not what I would want or approve of for my daughter,but then I wouldn't want her to be a cheerleader either(not that there's anything wrong with that:))

I feel the same way. I would not want my daughter to be involved in that type of situation, but I am not so ignorant or prude to think that it wouldn't happen anyway.

It reminds me of a Verizon commercial a few years back about the pony.

They are just dancing. So for you it is an age thing ? ....

Yes, for me it is certainly an age thing.

There are things that I let my 14 year old daughter do that I don't let my 5 year old do. I have friends with daughters old enough to drink and I have no problem with them doing things that I would NEVER let my kids do right now.

If this video were of high school aged girls, I would think 'Hey, maybe they should have found a different song', but it wouldn't really bother me. For 7 year olds, yes, I find it to be very wrong.

So for you it is an age thing ?

Ahh now I see why you don't get it, you don't think there is a difference between what 7 year old girls should be doing and wearing and what a fully grown adult should be doing and wearing. Well that clarifies so much.

I recall being 16 wishing that I looked like an 18 year old. High School Musical... The Cyrus girl, etc.

Are you saying you wanted to look like Miley Cyrus? BTW, 16 to 18...2 years; 7 to 18...11 years!

I feel the same way. I would not want my daughter to be involved in that type of situation, but I am not so ignorant or prude to think that it wouldn't happen anyway.

Wow talking about adventures in missing the point, the whole problem is that this stuff happens anyways, we think it's wrong but you think it's ok because it's going to happen anyways...holy smokes with that logic you have your moral compass spinning in all directions at once.

Oh come on btfoom, 7 is the new 20, the idea of age appropriate clothing and dance is for us puritans. .

The outfits and moves are indecent yet broadcast everywhere?

It is no more revealing than you see every day..flashier yes,but then that is the point in a dance contest.

Really? My now 14 year old daughter did cheerleading when she was younger (6-10), even cheering sometimes for the Jr Terps @ MD Football games. I probably went to 15-20 competitions (boring as all get out) and I NEVER saw young girls dressed like shown in the still at the beginning of the thread (couldn't watch the video).

Your kidding right? Ever here of the twisters? Ever go to reach the beach in ocean city? Ever go to the competition in atlantic city, orlando?

The girls are all dressed like that. Quite a few have their belly buttons pierced. They all hike up their skirts and roll down their wastes.

It's todays cheerleading competitions.

Ahh now I see why you don't get it, you don't think there is a difference between what 7 year old girls should be doing and wearing and what a fully grown adult should be doing and wearing. Well that clarifies so much.

Little girls want to be adult women, it's a no-brainer that they would emulate them. If I try to stop it it would turn out worse, do you remember what they used to say about Catholic school girls ?

I am NOT saying that at all, but nice try.

Are you saying you wanted to look like Miley Cyrus? BTW, 16 to 18...2 years; 7 to 18...11 years!.

18 was drinking age back then, nice try again.

Wow talking about adventures in missing the point, the whole problem is that this stuff happens anyways, we think it's wrong but you think it's ok because it's going to happen anyways...holy smokes with that logic you have your moral compass spinning in all directions at once.

Are you the moral police ? My morals do not sway. Sorry that you feel that way. And if I reach I could say that your moral compass is about holding down your children and forcing them into your beliefs and ways.

Little girls want to be adult women, it's a no-brainer that they would emulate them. If I try to stop it it would turn out worse, do you remember what they used to say about Catholic scool girls ?

LOL :ols: So let me get this straight. Little girls want to be adult women and when adult women act over sexualized then we should let little girls emulate them? And to stop them from doing so is oppressive? Am I reading you right?

18 was drinking age back then, nice try again.

Heck little girls want to be like adult women who have sex and drink, let's let little girls drink too.

Are you the moral police ? My morals do not sway. Sorry that you feel that way. And if I reach I could say that your moral compass is about holding down your child and forcing them into your beliefs and ways.

Uhh that's called parenting.

LOL :ols: So let me get this straight. Little girls want to be adult women and when adult women act over sexualized then we should let little girls emulate them? And to stop them from doing so is oppressive? Am I reading you right?

That is over sexualized ? You are proving my point about this being a biased poll. I had ONE problem with the video for kids that age and that was the grinding part. The rest was just little girls dancing.

Heck little girls want to be like adult women who have sex and drink, let's let little girls drink too..

haha. Now you are just trying too hard, It is NOT illegal for little girls to dress that way or dance that way. It is illegal for them to drink and sex depends on the age as well.

EDIT: We won't even get into teenage pregnancy at this point...Have you seen Maury lately ?

Uhh that's called parenting.

So control of the situation is what you want ? Nothing wrong with that I feel the same way. Wait...nevermind, different topic. Parenting is not forcing your children to do what you do. Parenting is allowing some freedoms while creating structure and support. Sorry if you don't realize that.

That is over sexualized ? You are proving my point about this being a biased poll. I had ONE problem with the video for kids that age and that was the grinding part. The rest was just little girls dancing.

The grinding, the song, and the outfits which were lace and satin, and barely covered their tops.

haha. Now you are just trying too hard, It is NOT illegal for little girls to dress that way or dance that way. It is illegal for them to drink and sex depends on the age as well.

So change the law, I mean since we're not allowing these girls to drink and have sex like the big girls do then we are obviously oppressing them since if the laws weren't there then they'd be doing these things anyways. Solution remove the laws.

So control of the situation is what you want ? Nothing wrong with that I feel the same way. Wait...nevermind, different topic. Parenting is not forcing your children to do what you do. Parenting is allowing some freedoms while creating structure and support. Sorry if you don't realize that.

Parenting is about instilling values, teaching them right and wrong, and protecting them until they are able to make decisions for themselves, and making sure that as a parent you don't expose your children to things that will sexualize them...parenting is about these things and many others.

I think the attire made it the worst.

Now, I can't see the whole video, because I'm at work. I'm sure the dancing does cross the line reading responses, but I'm sure it would've been much less of a problem if they wore like a leotard or a t-shirt and shorts...

Really talented 7 year olds though.

Parenting is about instilling values, teaching them right and wrong, and protecting them until they are able to make decisions for themselves, and making sure that as a parent you don't expose your children to things that will sexualize them...parenting is about these things and many others.

In your opinion these kids and their parents have no values?:evilg:

They obviously don't share mine ,but I see nothing wrong with others differing.

Archived