Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DA bears=train wreck

gutlead74

Is it just me or does anyone else see the impending disaster coming to chi-town? Its bad enough having a leaky defense but now you have a turn over machine playing QB, whom doesn't have a lot of receiver help.

Now you have Martz coming into the windy city with his pass, pass, pass, and pass again mentality with a suspect OL and a mentally weak QB prone to losing his constitution.

Peppers has been questioned for his lack of effort, what is he going to do when things go south with a lame duck lovie in charge (not sure of lovies contract but this is his last chance) and his pay day already realized?

I believe Detroit passes Chicago this year.

What's the feeling folks?

I'm a little surprised they didn't address the OL, and if they struggle this will be their culprit.

But, i don't believe they'll be a train wreck because last year everything went wrong for the Bears but they still went 7-9?

Imo when everthing goes wrong yet you still win 7 games you're not very far away from being a good team.

I'm a little surprised they didn't address the OL, and if they struggle this will be their culprit.

But, i don't believe they'll be a train wreck because last year everything went wrong for the Bears but they still went 7-9?

Imo when everthing goes wrong yet you still win 7 games you're not very far away from being a good team.

Very valid point.

I just think the Cutler/Martz marriage is doomed from the start. At least turner would try to run the ball, even though they weren't able to all that well. If Martz isn't getting 10 yards a pop he ain't running it.

Add that to an already fragile Cutler looks like a bad combination. Martz is one of those protect the QB with receving threats guys and cutler hasn't shown that he can consistantly do that. They are in division with GB and Minny both of whom rush the passer very well. Then they play the NFCE & AFCE. It just seems like they will be the midseason story line od what's wrong with the bears.

Thier spending spree this offseason looked real familar and reeked of

desperation.

7 w's ? OK...da lions (twice)...Seasqauks...Browns...Lambs = 5 of the 7

The other two were at home...Steelers at the start of the season (week 2) and the Vikes at the end (in OT) week 16.

Yeah, they got to 7 & 9 but look at the quality of that record. But this years schedule is far less sympathetic.

They need help at OL...and WR....and LB....and in the secondary. At least they have been making some moves in the last three categories. How they will pan out is yet to be seen.

7 & 9 looks like a stretch for this group as it stands. They still get da Lions twice, Seasquacks again (improved but unproven) and the 'Skins (improved but unproven).

After that the rest finished either in the playoffs or with the same (Miami 7-9) or better record than they did.

They finish closer to Detroit's 2 & 14 of last season than they do of their 7 & 9.

Sorry Cubs fans...

It looks like the philosophy has been to prop up the defense as much as possible and try to have that carry the team. I don't know if it will work, if there is enough on offense to make that work. While Cutler is probably better than anyone that they've had in there in recent years, he also had a lot of help in Denver that he just doesn't have right now.

The Bears didn't help themselves on the OL that is for sure but they still have a lot of good players that can produce and in a division in which anything can happen they may not be the worst team this year. If Brett Farve doesn't come back in Minnesota and they have to play someone else they could be in the same shape as the Bears. The only really good team in that division is the Packers that is if Favre doesn't come back in Minnesota but even if he does they may not be as good on defense with the Willamses are suspended for a long period of time. So that division winner may be a 9-7 team.

If Brett Farve doesn't come back in Minnesota and they have to play someone else they could be in the same shape as the Bears. The only really good team in that division is the Packers that is if Favre doesn't come back in Minnesota but even if he does they may not be as good on defense with the Willamses are suspended for a long period of time. So that division winner may be a 9-7 team.

The Vikings are still way better off than the Bears even without Favre for the season and the Williamses for four games. It just isn't even close.

Even when the Bears were really good, like the years they went to the Super Bowl, they weren't a pass-heavy team. It's never been their personality as a franchise.

In 1985, the Bears ran the ball 58% and threw it 42%. 610 rushes versus 432 passes.

In 2006, the Bears were nearly perfectly balanced in run/pass. 514 passes, 503 rushes.

Martz likes to throw it 55 to 60% of the time!

• 5 months later...
And definatley on the up tick! They look great, good point. It really doesn't matter how you finish just how you start.
How can a team tied for the lead in their division be a train wreck? The Skins have the same record, are second place in their division, and just barely beat Chicago by 3 points on Sunday. Are they a train wreck, too?

Archived