Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES video: Fred Davis: Redskins fans should be excited

themurf

lVv8U5XNSYw

If you’re looking for the one player on the Washington Redskins who might turn in a career year during the 2010 season, then take a good look at tight end Fred Davis.

Davis was one of the lone bright spots for the ‘Skins last season while filling in for injured Pro Bowler Chris Cooley,with 48 catches for 509 yards and six touchdowns. While those numbers were solid, anyone familiar with the 24-year-old is convinced bigger an better days are ahead.

We caught up with Davis to talk about his expectations heading into his third season, the change in mindset at Redskins Park and why ‘Skins fans should be genuinely excited to see the burgundy and gold take the field in 2010. Oh, and just for the hell of it, we offer our unsolicited advice to Davis on the one area we’d like to see him improve on this season. Good times.

Thanks murf, another fine piece of work :applause:

Davis reiterates the same thing we are hearing elsewhere, the same thing we are seeing elsewhere, that that "team" concept we have been so sadly lacking is returning, and that to me is the single most important aspect that Shanahallen have brought.

I think those numbers are more than solid since he only played part of the season and the team was so abysmally bad. If you projected his TDs out for a full season he's up there with Dallas Clark/Vernon Davis. Definitely a bright spot I just hope they can involve both him and Cooley at the same time.

I am very excited to see what Fred Davis can do over a full season. Shanny will find a way to get him and Cooley on the field at the same time in passing situations. Fred will continue to develop as a playmaker. I love that the the players are really loving the new team concept Shanny has brought.

Nice interview, good stuff as usual.

Some people are worried that we dont have enough weapons. I dissagree, Mcnabb is going to bring the best out of alot of these guys like fred. I will be very supprized if Malcom and Devin dont blow it up this year too. Cooley plus fred should be best reciving TE group in the league easly this year!

Thanks murf, another fine piece of work :applause:

Davis reiterates the same thing we are hearing elsewhere, the same thing we are seeing elsewhere, that that "team" concept we have been so sadly lacking is returning, and that to me is the single most important aspect that Shanahallen have brought.

Yeah, it really stands out when everyone on the roster in one way or another is talking about how happy they are at the drastic changes at Redskins Park. If you're like me, then you believed that a dark cloud hung over this team while certain players were treated differently, etc. All the guys seem to believe that those days are done and that the players can all focus on what truly matters - winning games.

I am very excited to see what Fred Davis can do over a full season. Shanny will find a way to get him and Cooley on the field at the same time in passing situations. Fred will continue to develop as a playmaker. I love that the the players are really loving the new team concept Shanny has brought.

Nice interview, good stuff as usual.

Davis, to me, has the potential to be the biggest breakout player of 2010. He's got the skills and he's saying all the right things. I just hope he continues to improve on the field. If that happens, the coaching staff will find ways to get him the ball.

Great interview.

I was waiting for him to call out #92 when he was talking about everyone being here.

Unless they're asked directly about Haynesworth, the guys aren't even worried about him. They're too busy learning the new offense/defense and adjusting to the new coaching staff to worry about the one guy who refuses to get with the program.

Loved the style of the interview... just nice and laid back. Great job as usual, murf!

Thanks man. I'm hoping to continue to work it in whenever possible.

Archived