Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo: Americans more loyal to brands, country than company

MattFancy

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100429/lf_nm_life/us_loyalty_poll

NEW YORK (Reuters Life!) – Americans are more loyal to their favorite soft drink, television show or car brand than they are to their employer, according to a joint Reuters/Ipsos poll.

But they are most committed to their country, followed by their family and their doctor.

"The most surprising thing was that country, which is more abstract, was No. 1, ahead of your family or spouse," said Timothy Keininghan, the author of the poll and a co-author of the book, "Why Loyalty Matters."

"There's a general belief that the government is broken, and people want to fix it," he said.

Seventy percent of Americans questioned in the survey said they are more loyal to their country now than they were two years ago.

Companies did not fare well when it comes to allegiance. Most Americans said they are more committed to their favorite soft drink than the company they work for.

I don't know about you guys, but I don't think that's a big shock. I mean with the way people are getting laid off left and right, why would they be loyal to the places they work if their employers aren't loyal to them?

Stop screwing over employees and they'd be more loyal.

When was the last time my Pepsi made me work on a weekend?

As for loyalty to country, that seems pretty easy to figure out. Yes, it is more ambiguous which means that people are able to interpret their country as being what they want it to be thus they are loyal not really to country but to what they believe their country to be, in short they are more loyal to their ideology not country. :2cents:

the cooperate american way has evolved to where its all about the bottom line. employees are disposable to big companies. look at the way business's are open regular hours on sundays and holiday as compared to, say, 40 years ago. companies didnt do that to get their employees more hours and money thats for sure. whats baffling to me is the number of restaurants that are opening on christmas day. christmas day! by making your employee work on christmas day that says to me that you dont give a crap about them or their family. employees are as loyal to their companies as the companies are to them.

the cooperate world makes me sick. my disdain for it is one reason why im killing myself with so much school work right now.

Archived